Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Resources > What is it worth ?

Notices

Old 10-13-2015, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak View Post
I do have a question for you computer guys. I can't view this add on this computer if I do a search on CL. In the bottom right corner of the screen it says "1 dismissed - click to hide" The add is there but grayed out. If I click the box, the add disappears. If I use Sam's link in the CL section it goes to the add and I can view it. Did my wife find some type of Anti Cub hunting software and put it on my puter?
You clicked the [X] next to the search result, which hides it. To undo that, click the [undo] link that is now showing next to the greyed out link.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:54 AM
Grand Member

Hey Josh....
Glad tat wasn't near here!! heh Heh!!
Are Ya comin' to BCII??
Old 10-14-2015, 10:47 PM
Senior Moderator

I looked at it today. It's in average condition. I asked the sales guy what his best price was if I paid cash, didn't need a receipt or a warranty and he said $1500 +6% tax for an out the door price of $1590. He won't come down anymore.

It looks like the left side rear bolts were stripped out and they used larger bolts for the repair. I couldn't see any damage to the front mounts but it will need the Sam Mac setup. I guess that is why someone put a Cyclops rear plate on it. I could see where there was oil around the bottom of the pump area and the steering box too. The dash was pretty busted up where it meets the hood like most of them are but I've repaired worse. This one can be repaired. Throttle lever has the end busted off so the knob is missing. It looks like the dynamo (alternator) was replaced with a new one. All the tins were in pretty good shape except the left rear fender is bent a little. He did start it and it sounded normal and did not smoke. It will need all the fluids changed because he said they didn't change any of them. It has some new cheapo Kendra tires on the front and what looks to be original rear turfs. It has a 50C deck that is in about the same shape as the tractor. I did not drive it or ask him what repairs were done. I figure if I get it or if someone else does, plan on doing some repairs.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:26 PM
Grand Member

Thanks for the update Oak!!

I will let my friend know that you looked it over! Nice to have the opinion of a fellow cubber before he drives 4hrs away.

Thanks

40 years of Using and playing with IH Cub Cadets!

Proud owner of the following:
Cub Farmall, Super A Farmall, Original, (2)70's, 72, 100, 102, 123, 105, 125, 127, 108, 128, 1450, (3)782's, Yellow 982, 1782, "Sam's" 2182, M Farmall and a #7 trailer
Old 10-15-2015, 07:52 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak View Post
I looked at it today. It's in average condition. I asked the sales guy what his best price was if I paid cash, didn't need a receipt or a warranty and he said $1500 +6% tax for an out the door price of $1590. He won't come down anymore.

It looks like the left side rear bolts were stripped out and they used larger bolts for the repair. I couldn't see any damage to the front mounts but it will need the Sam Mac setup. I guess that is why someone put a Cyclops rear plate on it. I could see where there was oil around the bottom of the pump area and the steering box too. The dash was pretty busted up where it meets the hood like most of them are but I've repaired worse. This one can be repaired. Throttle lever has the end busted off so the knob is missing. It looks like the dynamo (alternator) was replaced with a new one. All the tins were in pretty good shape except the left rear fender is bent a little. He did start it and it sounded normal and did not smoke. It will need all the fluids changed because he said they didn't change any of them. It has some new cheapo Kendra tires on the front and what looks to be original rear turfs. It has a 50C deck that is in about the same shape as the tractor. I did not drive it or ask him what repairs were done. I figure if I get it or if someone else does, plan on doing some repairs.
Todd,
Sounds like it has good bones to start with. 4TH 1772!!! Holy smokes. Didn't realize you has 3 1772's already. Nice! When do ya pick it up? Saturday morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsruskw View Post
Hey Josh....
Glad tat wasn't near here!! heh Heh!!
Are Ya comin' to BCII??
Dave,
Heck ya. You coulda picked up the Super and moved that 882 down the road, preferrably south of you.

Probably won't make Buck Creek this year. Kids have a soccer game Saturday am and I've gotta go to that. While I like playing with cubs, the kids come first. Sounds like it will be a brisk, nice day for plowing. Don't forget to take some pics and post 'em.

Diesel Cub Cadets...........
Old 10-17-2015, 02:30 PM

Oak,

Thanks for the update on your inspection. I was seriously considering picking it up this weekend. I live in Smyrna. Although they are closed on saturdays now, they were going to be at the shop today loading stuff for delivery. After thinking about it a long time last night, I decided to pass. I'm still trying to learn all the "gotcha's" on the various models. I have concerns on the aluminum transaxle ones and not really knowing what to look for in the inspection. Hoping to learn from everyone here and the videos on youtube since I don't know any CC owners yet.

I'd really like to find out if there are any shows or get-togethers for Cub Cadets in the area. Seeing all the different models would help me figure out which models I like.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Darryl, here is a local show that is pretty good.
http://www.capa-ga.com/

Here is what looks to be an IH built 682 not too far away. It will have the cast iron rear if that is what you are wanting. It has been on CL for about a week so maybe he will come off of the price. It looks like it has the original KT series 1 engine. They aren't the best engines and they can have issues so you may want to research them too. Good luck.
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/grd/5264343788.html
Old 10-18-2015, 06:54 PM

Thanks for the show info! I didn't know about it, but I'm planning to go.

I called the guy with the 682 and left a message. He called me back this afternoon and says that someone had already bought it. Prior to my call, I took your advice and read up on the Series I Kohler. It's too bad that Kohler didn't do a recall on those, but from what I read, they were okay as long as you didn't put run them on an angle. The bad part of that is who knows how they've been run when you're buying a 20+ year old tractor.

I'll keep an eye out on Craigslist. Something will turn up sooner or later. Thanks for all your help.