Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Customized Cub Cadets

Notices

Old 09-18-2015, 09:39 AM

Default 127 Narrow Frame Foot Pedal

Here is a very basic concept that I mocked up last night for my 127 Loader project. I had a few goals after sitting on the tractor looking at it.

#1 I wanted to be able to use both stock, and foot pedal for F&R
#2 I wanted it to be comfortable, and be able to use foot rest when using hand controls
#3 Try to alter frame as little as possible.
#4 Make it to where full F and full R didnt require a second ankle joint.

Here is what i cam up with. Im guessing that you will have to pull with the top of foot for Reverse but i think that will be more comfortable than other options i came up with.

Now onto something more permanent and better looking
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3736.jpg (28.6 KB, 468 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3737.JPG (80.8 KB, 461 views)

Cadet 127 loader project (The Money Pit!)
Old 09-20-2015, 12:26 AM

have you thought about a rocker pedal push toe forward,heal reverse ?.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:52 PM

yeah I considered that, but when I was sitting there is seemed like it would take more range of motion than what i thought i could comfortably get out of my leg. also though that the rocker style would take too much area on the running board to be able to put foot there when using hand control. I did some more work on it today and almost have the mock up working, but was done in by the stupid thread pitch on my all thread. off to parts store after work then hopfully have a working prototype.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:39 AM
Grand Member

Get after it!!
Old 10-08-2015, 09:53 AM

Well here is the Cam arm that I have come up with for linking the foot to the hand lever.

I am making some progress slowly, but surly. I am bouncing around from change to the other so it seems to be taking forever.

I am trying to figure out what kind of strap i want to go over my foot to pull it into reverse. I want something adjustable so its tight to your foot, but if say its winter and wearing boot it go be adjusted out for that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3746.JPG (51.6 KB, 326 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3747.JPG (58.8 KB, 325 views)

Old 10-08-2015, 11:21 AM
Grand Member

Why not make a pedal with a heel on it so no strap is required? Put the pedal a little more flat and you can just rock it back and forth.
1211 Dual Stick
Pap's 100 restoration thread - http://onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47965
Old 10-08-2015, 03:03 PM

To do that I would have to move the rocking shaft more to the rear of the foot rest area. I didn't want to do that because i want to be able to fit my foot flat on the foot rest if i was using the hard lever. this way i have a comfortable place for my foot in either operation mode.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:07 PM
Grand Member

I have been mulling over the same situation for quite some time (except on a Wide Frame).

I agree that location and design of the F/R foot pedal is crucial to comfortable and ergonomic operation.

I believe that (for me) "pulling" the pedal toward the rear of the tractor would quickly cause fatigue in my leg/ankle/foot.

I am leaning toward putting the pedal more toward the rear of the foot rest with more of a straight up and down action in it's movement.

I've been considering a "B" shaped pedal that is bent in the middle (at its attaching point) with the rear (or reverse) loop part of the "B" some smaller than the front (or forward) loop of the "B". My intention is to leave enough room toward the outside of the foot rest that my foot can still have a flat spot to rest on.

With the pedal in this configuration, I believe that during longer distance forward travel, the ball of my foot can hold the pedal down while my heel can still rest on the foot rest. And vice versa when traveling in reverse.

Please understand that I am not bashing anyones ideas, when designing such devices we all have to consider what works best for the primary operator.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredb View Post
have you thought about a rocker pedal push toe forward,heal reverse ?.
Have you considered the way they do it on forklifts,,, a left/right rocker pedal? left side is forward and right is reverse

link is of electric controlled model, but i have seen some that used cables also

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...44477189090907
Old 10-09-2015, 08:05 AM

Not at all guys your not offending me buy thinking that what i think i may like isn't going to be the best for you. Heck my idea when i get it all done may not be the cats meow like it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post

I've been considering a "B" shaped pedal that is bent in the middle (at its attaching point) with the rear (or reverse) loop part of the "B" some smaller than the front (or forward) loop of the "B". My intention is to leave enough room toward the outside of the foot rest that my foot can still have a flat spot to rest on.
I have seen how there are some Cadet pedels out there That have a larger pad sticking out for forward and a smaller for reverse like you were thinking with your "B" that pivots in the middle. Might look into getting one of those to re purpose some old Cadet parts.

When i was searching for holes in the frame to expand i looked at the middle pivot idea and for me i just though that would bring my hole leg up off the floor pan to where having one side higher than the other was weird so I am going this way. I will try to get back on that part of the project to show you the finished goods.