Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 09:49 PM

Like I said, PPG Shop Line/Omni is about $25/quart.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:51 PM

Talking

well it kills me when people scuff up the old paint and not completely disassemble a tractor and then spend 200 dollars in auto paint....boy you know that looks great...but anyways.....thats why they sell rattle cans and automotive paint.....and they sell sand blasters and scuff pads
Old 02-14-2010, 10:06 AM

Where I live we have a local Sherwin Williams store that all they sell is automotive paint for local body shops.So to answer part of your question yes you can get your paint from there.I checked into this not long ago.I also found out it was a little cheaper. Quality wise I cant say,I do know that a lot of body shops here use it.Our 70 was gona be a test on it tho. The cool thing is if your like me and dont have a spray gun they can put it in a can for you. Its a little pricey but still a little cheaper than the IH rattle cans. I was thinking going this route because I didnt have a spray gun.I have a friend that has a body shop and My plan was taking the big parts to him transaxle hood tower frame etc...And me using the rattle cans at my house for the smaller parts ....That way I can have the paint mixed at one time so everything will match...Oh and one more thing you cant use a urathane because theres no way to add the hardener and have shelf life...Hope this helps...
Old 03-01-2010, 12:47 AM
murphycc

Need I say a word?

Scott
Old 03-01-2010, 02:32 AM

if you want the true'st color go and look up international truck in the phone book. there an old part of ih and use the same paint codes on every piece of equip. made by ih, but add a 0 in front sutch as cub yellow will be 0483 or 0483-b (same color but the b has rust inhibitor in it also known as fish oil like rustolium. this is the only true part of ih that was aloud to keep the recipe for ih paint. not even case aloud , they use a vary vary close recipe and are all great but if you want the real thing and are gonna speand the money on the real paint this is were to go . ppg great paint but why pay great price for paint thats the same as you can go to menardes and have made from a paint chip of old stock. all paint varys and wet sanding and buffing helps but think this, cubs off the assembely had runs and dull spots and were never buffed out, an important thing to do is use red or brown primmer not gray if only using 2 coats of paint. it does ad to the tone of paint even useing four couts. long story short if you like the color go with it. every cub will be slitly differant .. just take pride in the job you do
Old 03-01-2010, 09:56 PM

NAPA paint is made by sherwin williams, here even the shop line is 30-35 a quart, ive spent ALOT of time lookin into paint, ppg, napa, sherwin williams, valspar, case IH, theres another darn it, cant think what it is.
each brand has a cheaper priced "line" like shop line by ppg that is every bit as good for our tractors, even nappa has different qualitys, im gonna go with the nappa< im an inexperienced painter and will dish the serious dough on later refurbs!!
dupont, darn it thats it, dupont makes a brand called nasson sold by car quest, there is a guy, having another brain fart, cant rember his whole name, has restored and created a number of beautiful tractors, Paul, i belive, said he used the nasson urethane with hardner, full thane single stage.beautiful paint jobs, dupont also makes a industrial, MY area gallon industrial>>>>>>225.96!!! lol
bought some case IH ironguard last year for 18.65 a quart plus shipping lol, and no hardener !! dont even know what type of hardner to use for it lol.
Im obsessive compulsive, OCD lol, i will explore every stinkin avenue before buying the paint, mind u this is just paint, i have a bound notebook with every possible number for paint codes for darn near all paint EXCEPT valspar, where to buy them, ect, ect, urethane epoxy acrylid acrylic ename.................
you guys thought u had yellow feaver, even a cross refrence for parts and prices from the various vendors!!!
Good luck on the paint, not to mention primer, lol
Nice Scott looks great

jason

:biggrin2.gif: Just one more !!
Old 08-21-2010, 10:39 AM

so, 67 hydro...do you have numbers for Sherwin Williams 935 White and
483 Yellow ? My local SW could not cross reff the #'s listed in the Tech
section here.....thanks