Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 11-18-2020, 06:40 AM
Administrator

OK, I found it. It is/was a model specific for the Canadian Market. It has a 483-SU Engine in it.

Here is the Engine Parts Breakdown.......... https://www.ccparts.com/Cub-Cadet/Dr...ine-2010-After

Quote:
MTD has successfully entered into a joint venture with a major Asian manufacturing company, whereby both companies have collaborated their engineering, design and manufacturing expertise to produce a high end overhead valve (OHV) engine.

These engines will be exclusively distributed and serviced by MTD under the Powermore® engine brand. Powermore® engines are a premium small block engine with advantages that in many cases are better than competitive engine models.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31 SB.jpg (20.5 KB, 76 views)

CC Models: 100, 105, 1450, 782, (2) 784, & 2072

Buy: Made in the USA
Old 11-18-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Bedell View Post
OK, I found it. It is/was a model specific for the Canadian Market. It has a 483-SU Engine in it.

Here is the Engine Parts Breakdown.......... https://www.ccparts.com/Cub-Cadet/Dr...ine-2010-After
Thank you , yes that is the one. I pulled the main jet and emulsion tube and put them in some Gunk carb cleaner and hopefully that helps. If I have the same problem I’ll pull the carb and pilot jet and soak them. Amazing what has to be be removed to have to pull the carb.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:11 PM
Grand Member

After reviewing what Roland found, you do have a float bowl which can be pulled and cleaned (with towels and cleaner). I also note on the images the carb has a fuel drain.... Something you need to be aware of at end of snow season...... Drain the fuel before storage! This is so you can avoid your problem.
#2 Cart
QA36 snowthower
Old 11-18-2020, 12:54 PM

Good point with draining, I normally just pour in some sea foam, also a friend had suggested I only use the highest octane I could get because of less or no ethanol.
I do have the bowl pulled.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:07 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disisme View Post
Good point with draining, I normally just pour in some sea foam, also a friend had suggested I only use the highest octane I could get because of less or no ethanol.
I do have the bowl pulled.
Your friend is ill informed. High octane is a waste of money and actually decreases hp in low compression engines, but you would not notice it. Rv Gas has no alcohol in it,
BUT
That said, they sell less of it than they do High octane which has low volume sales. Most times it could sitting in the station tank a year or more.
While I'm not a fan of 10% ethanol fuel, you can be assured it is fresh.
Do you drain the fuel out of your machine at the end of the season?
If not, you are inviting problems like you have.
at the end if the season drain the fuel, then run the engine till it stops.
Then add Stabil to a a few ounces of fuel and dump that in the tank and run the engine till it runs out of the fuel. Next season add fuel and enjoy your equipment.
Old 12-12-2021, 03:23 PM

Well I’m back again , had tried fresh gas and did the suggestions before putting away and again put new gas and the machine is still running the same. Seems to run good with choke wide open as long as it’s under load and is pulsing if not under load, put choke 3/4 on and it’s fine, although I can only imagine it would run much better if it was running right.
So questions,
-where exactly is the fuel filter ?
-What is involved with removing the carb? Are there any PDF online manuals available?
- to increase the mixture screw is it under a plug , is it adjustable?
- if I go the route the route of a new carb am I searching for a 483-SU-10 CARBURETOR ? I’m in Canada so if I have to order from US the shipping is brutal and I’m on fixed income .
Thanks for all help
Lynn
Old 12-12-2021, 06:17 PM

Ya know, you can spend a few weeks, and a few bucks on mystery fluids, and take it off, and put it back on, and adjust, and fiddle with it for weeks. Or, you can go on Amazon and buy a carb, with a shut off valve and start blowing snow in a few hours.

I am not generally a fan of throwing parts at it, but if the choke fixes the running problem, you have one of the small passages in the carb blocked. Most likely by detritus from bad fuel, or from some deposits of corrosion after the water in the fuel broke down.

So, buy this, take the old carb off, put the new carb on, insert the shut off valve in the fuel line and move on with your life.

https://www.amazon.ca/Carburetor-Sno...s%2C199&sr=8-6

When you are done moving the snow around, set the throttle to idle, and turn off the fuel supply at the red valve, and let the engine die. When you want to use it again, turn on the red valve, let it sit for 2 min to fill the float bowl with fuel, and run it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The carb job is not hard, but pay attention to the throttle rod, and small spring, be gentle. Maybe replace the spark plug too, as your choked engine may have now fouled the spark plug.

Edited to correct carb PN.
Old 12-12-2021, 06:25 PM

Thankyou , if your link is definitely the right carb for my model I will definitely order it .
My machine as noted in the tag I had posted
Cub Cadet Model 31BH55ST596
Serial 1G305B30637
Old 12-12-2021, 06:37 PM

I followed the bouncing ball like this:

R Bedell View Post

Then I went to Jacks Small engine and found this:

https://www.jackssmallengines.com/ja...ine-2010-after

Where I clicked on the "carburetor" tab on the left and selected item 133, which is the whole thing. Click 'options'' button and I got this result:

MTD 95114023A
Carburetor

Then, knowing that MTD part numbers use a dash after the first three numbers I went to Amazon.ca and put in: 951-14023A and I got the list of this:

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=951-14023a..._ts-doa-p_1_10

Then I checked which ones match 951-14023A, and the third and fourth carbs match. I'm pretty sure this will do the job. You may search for other carbs in the list, that may contain a red shut off valve, or get the red shut off valve by itself.
Old 12-12-2021, 06:51 PM

Ok so it’s the second Amazon link and not the first from post # 17 , sorry I’m confused.