Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > Suggestion box

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 09:11 PM

Default plans and blue prints

Okay I'll try to get this right. I would like to go on record for saying that I think we need a complete new section for plans and blue prints. Some members are genius and come up with great idea's for improvements to all aspects of our equipment. Some items might better the original equipment or come up with completely new item. For me i don't have the mind to come up with these things but maybe from others I may learn from them. I've found one thing in life and that is I can learn new things and it's never to late. I stated this in another section and was informed to put it here. All I know is this would benefit all members. This section should only be plans and blue prints and leave the forum for questions and input. I have no political agenda just an easier way for me to understand. And I'll say this one more time Adam your a genius, I like your hydraulic set-up, home made sleeve hitch and your home made wheel weights. Keep those idea's coming, Luke
Old 08-28-2011, 11:31 AM

I agree Luke that it is a good idea to have a spot to post plans & blueprints if one wishes to do so for everyone to see at will. I also agree that the members of our forum are geniuses and its great to see what they have dreamed up for their machines to make things better or fill a gap that the company didn't fill from the beginning. That being said, many of the members may have circumvented the need for this section with the ability to private message (PM) each other with the option at the top right of each page when they see something that another member has dreamed up that they wish to adapt to their situation. Shoot of a PM to the originating member and get the info that you desire in return. Bing, bang, boom. Done. Easy as that.

You may have noticed that this group of folks is a tighter-knit group than many other forums on the web regardless of what topic they cover. I have wondered numerous times if the PM option, given how much its used, has added to this dynamic. There is more communication between members than most other forums which goes on to help in other aspects, such as more specific info on a certain part or situation, a more involved explanation, more pictures (man we love our pictures!!), outside vendors for service, etc. You also see most guys PM'ing plans & blueprints back & forth when they see something they want to add to their machine.

Again, I do think it would be a good idea to add a section to the forum for members to post plan & blueprints for anyone to see whenever they want to. Unfortunately this need may have been negated by the use of a more general purpose tool on the forum.
'65 100 - #126432

Options: V61's, 8.5" Tru-Powers, stock sleeve hitch, Xtreme sleeve hitch adapter
Attachments: Dad's 42" Dozer Blade & 38" 3-spindle deck, 42U deck, Homemade Sleeve Hitch Dethatcher & a QA36A Snowthrower
Mods: K301 Upgrade, IHinIN's clutch pivot upgrade, SST driveshaft, custom bar axles

"Why buy something shiny & new when you can save something old."
Old 04-23-2013, 12:13 PM

You think , and they can call it IMAGINEERING
Old 04-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Grand Member

The dilemma is, it is easier to build the devise, than make the plans!!

Old 04-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
The dilemma is, it is easier to build the devise, than make the plans!!

CAD

What are these two? Looks like something I don't have that I must need.
BX2670 with FEL
Old 04-23-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Mac View Post
CAD

What are these two? Looks like something I don't have that I must need.
Yeah what he said!!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcombs View Post
Yeah what he said!!
Well, this one is my lazy man's trailer dumper

It amplifies the travel of the CAT "O" hitch so the trailer tongue goes up high enough to self-dump.

You only need the self dump trailer if you are truly lazy, like me!!

The hitch is further described here: http://www.sweetmk.com/2011/10/swinghitch/

The other is my rocket stove, it will boil water faster than a propane burner, I ain't goin' hungry when the power is out!! It runs on twigs.

More info about it here: http://www.sweetmk.com/2011/10/my-rocket-stove/
Old 04-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Administrator

John

Very COOL. I wonder how the rocket stove would do burning paper rather than shreding it?
BX2670 with FEL
Old 04-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Mac View Post
John

Very COOL. I wonder how the rocket stove would do burning paper rather than shreding it?
A 2 foot length of 2X4 cut into 6" pieces and split will cook dinner. I have never tried paper in it, except to start it.

It is called a rocket stove because it sounds like a rocket when it is burning.

Basically, it is a controlled chimney fire.

I run it on chilly days when I am tinkering just outside of the shed. It REALLY gives off heat, if you overfeed it!!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Administrator

We have added a Sub Section to the Home Made Section, see..... Plans, Prints & Drawings

It is a section for, as the title says, Plans, Prints, and Drawings, for items related to Cub Cadets. To include, alterations, modifications, better ideas, implements and attachments used by Cub Cadets.

Enjoy...

Admin Team

CC Models: 100, 105, 1450, 782, (2) 784, & 2072

Buy: Made in the USA
Closed Thread