Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > Suggestion box

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 06:45 PM
Grand Member

Default Weenie of the week

I'd like to propose a weenie of the week section. any one each week to whine about the vibration, shake, backfiring , sloppy steering, worn out motor mounts, worn out engine that smokes or burns oil , I can't get my tractor to start gets to be a weenie of the week.
maybe some of these guys will take their panties off and man up and just fix their tractor without asking what's wrong with my tractor ?
if you make weenie of the week for 8 consecutive weeks you have to buy donuts for everyone on the forum.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:49 PM
Administrator

CC Models: 100, 105, 1450, 782, (2) 784, & 2072

Buy: Made in the USA
Old 06-12-2014, 06:59 PM
Banned

If I second the motion, will it be on the floor for a vote?

Old 06-12-2014, 07:28 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
If I second the motion, will it be on the floor for a vote?

I don't know, do they have bylaws here? whos in charge?
Old 06-12-2014, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Bud you made my week!
BX2670 with FEL
Old 06-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Grand Member

I hope this forum does not go in the direction of that other CC forum.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleO7 View Post
I agree, if asking questions leads to ridicule than this forum is pretty much useless. Not everybody that comes on this forum is a master mechanic, if everybody already had all the answers this forum wouldn't need to exist.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleO7 View Post
I agree completely.

Grandpa's 1961 "O" w/ mowing deck, 169, 149, 147, 1000, 125 w/creeper and 3pt, 1250 w/ 44A deck, 1650, Frankenstien 1250, Great Grandpas 1968 Cadet 125 w/original QA-36, CCC 1711, Model 2 tiller, QA-42 and a QA-42A Snowthrower, Cozy cab

May not be as much as others, but we're still building our fleet! There are more to come!

Connor
Old 06-12-2014, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds45512 View Post
I agree, if asking questions leads to ridicule than this forum is pretty much useless. Not everybody that comes on this forum is a master mechanic, if everybody already had all the answers this forum wouldn't need to exist.
Ok, well I'm going to comment to this.

No, this forum IS NOT just for asking questions about how to fix your tractor. Look at the main screen. There are 6 sections, with sub-sections. NONE of those sections or sub-sections are titled "I don't know what to do" or "help me fix my tractor". That said, I don't mean that we aren't here to help you fix your tractor, but that is NOT the purpose of the forum. It is for admirers, collectors, owners, enthusiasts, and the like to share pics, stories, information, and just generally hang out with other people of the same interest. If you are just here to get information, and leave, then you are really missing out. There are so many cool things on this forum besides a wealth of mechanical knowledge.

Here's the main point of this thread, (which, if you don't know Don (dvogtvpe) it was a tongue-in-cheek post) is that there is a technical section with manuals, how-to's, specs, books, pics and other helpful bits of info to help you get your problem solved. But it seems, that there are members here who as soon as their machine gives them the slightest problem come running on here to ask "What do I do!?!?!?" without even the slightest attempt to solve the issue on their own. The reason that the tech section exists, is to avoid the same 5000 questions on "why won't my tractor start" from continually coming up, over, and over and over. The info is there, we just really want you to use it. As a member who has a couple articles written that were put in there, it disappoints me that I have to answer questions sometimes that the answer is within one of those writings. Without trying to sound like a jerk, Don is right, man up, read the book, and at least try to figure it out before just posting "what do I do". If you don't understand the manual, that's cool. We'll help. If you can't figure it out, we'll help. But here lately, it seems that the first post is: "My tractor (died, won't start, runs rough.....) what do I do?!?!" Then we say, "Well, did you ___________?" and it's no, I haven't done anything yet. If you don't have a basic enough knowledge to know where to begin, you need to 1.) Take it to a mechanic 2.) read the service manual. If you choose to read the manual, then cool. Maybe you will figure it out on your own, and save us from the same old, same old. If you take it somewhere, great! You may have saved yourself a lot of money and headache. Either way, another cub will live on, and you can post pics of it in action.

I don't mean to be preachy, or rude, but this needed said. I want to help members get tractors running, but I don't want to answer questions that are clearly answered in the service manuals that some don't want to take the time to read.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:44 PM
Grand Member

I agree with most of what Jonathan said, although I think most peoples problems could be answered by a simple site search. Example: My 1450 shut off nearing the end of cutting my lawn, did a site search figured out by the fast cranking and fact it started 2 hrs later that I have a sticking exhaust valve. Most problems have been answered in great detail with pics in the past and are often linked to in new posts.

That being said, the search function here leaves a lot to be desired. The 4 letter word thing sucks. Forget trying to find posts about pto problems, lift rod, lift arm, lift bar, cat 0, pin on deck, or tractor specific if you have a 100, 125, 149 etc. We'd probably have less redundant questions about what oil to use if you could search the word OIL! Sometimes it's easier to search this site with Google than the built in search tool. Search function rant over, sorry

Don, hilarious. I like chocolate or maple glaze on my doughnuts.

Bill
Closed Thread