Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > Suggestion box

Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merk View Post
Why make it easier for them to do??????

Most hacker(s) pick their victims after they get in a site. You can help prevent it by not allowing stuff like tap crap.

I don't see how it would make it easier for them.

Besides, most people not interested in Cub's, or other machinery will not even know of OCC. So basically what I'm saying is, it's not an 'open' or 'popular' website like Craigslist, Ebay, FaceBook, etc...
Old 09-26-2012, 04:19 PM

Just pay for the upgrade to vBulletin 5. It comes with a theme built in for mobile browsing. It'll make it easier to view the forum from your phone and it'll be more secure since the current version the site is running was released almost four years ago.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Grand Member

? Don't know enough about the subject matter to get into it. But........

Advancing into the 20th. Century is still amazing to me. I rarely use my puter at home since acquiring the I-Pad, my new smart phone (galaxy 2 w/g-4,android 4) puts my puter to shame. Quite a challenge for me to learn how to use it properly. But I'm doing it.

Now with posting pics it's a breeze, get pics every day of the grand kids, instant communication while the wife is out of town, friends, the list goes on & on.

I personally would not worry in the least bit about getting hacked using new functions with tap a talk or whatever.

Nik,
Old 09-28-2012, 07:17 AM

I feel like I hit a nerve here with merk. I didn't know you were so anti tapa "crap" as you put it. Like has been stated a few times tapatalk is no more dangerous (if you want to put it that way) as using your computer. I agree that the threat of getting hacked is worse and worse all the time... BUT all tapatalk is, is an easier way to check in and post and even host pics on a smart phone. It is a pita to do it thru the browser after using tapatalk for so long.
I was actually surprised this forum wasnt already hooked up to it. thats why I am so new here because even when I am searching for a new forum to get involved with, I just search tapatalk for what I am interested and walaa. This one didn't come up so I just happened upon it while searching another forum they had a link to this one and I saw it.

I apologize if I have opened up a can of worms and a sore spot for some. I was simply trying to invite this group to a new easier way of life.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminsmannow View Post
I feel like I hit a nerve here with merk. I didn't know you were so anti tapa "crap" as you put it. Like has been stated a few times tapatalk is no more dangerous (if you want to put it that way) as using your computer. I agree that the threat of getting hacked is worse and worse all the time... BUT all tapatalk is, is an easier way to check in and post and even host pics on a smart phone. It is a pita to do it thru the browser after using tapatalk for so long.
I was actually surprised this forum wasnt already hooked up to it. thats why I am so new here because even when I am searching for a new forum to get involved with, I just search tapatalk for what I am interested and walaa. This one didn't come up so I just happened upon it while searching another forum they had a link to this one and I saw it.

I apologize if I have opened up a can of worms and a sore spot for some. I was simply trying to invite this group to a new easier way of life.
Correct me if I'm wrong?

Tap a talk is to make life easier for those users with smart phones & I-pads. It's up to the individual weather to download the app., on their phone or device.

AM I RIGHT IN THIS ASSUMPTION?

Nik,
Old 09-28-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikster View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong?

Tap a talk is to make life easier for those users with smart phones & I-pads. It's up to the individual weather to download the app., on their phone or device.

AM I RIGHT IN THIS ASSUMPTION?

Nik,
yes exactly. and someone on a computer would never even know the difference between posts that are with or without tapatalk. unless they have their "signatures" turned on so it says at the bottom. "posted from my iphone using tapatalk"
Old 09-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
by cumminsmannow
I have lost 2 computers to to hackers/spamers. One computer had information and pictures that can't be replaced. Yes I should have back it up on a disc. I had a 3rd computer that got hit and was able to retrieve the contents off it. It cost me $170 to get it fix. All three computers had the latest and greatest virus protectors on them.

Then someone desided to use a picture of my 100 on craiglist to sell his 100. I had several that said my 100 is sold. One got pissed at me for posting the ad. I have no problem if someone use my pictures to fix their Cub Cadet or show someone how something goes together. . I do have problems if someone use my pictures for profit.....especially if they don't ask first. After the party posted my 100 I quit posting information like I used to.

Quote:
by mrcubcadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merk
Why make it easier for them to do??????

Most hacker(s) pick their victims after they get in a site. You can help prevent it by not allowing stuff like tap crap.

I don't see how it would make it easier for them.

Besides, most people not interested in Cub's, or other machinery will not even know of OCC. So basically what I'm saying is, it's not an 'open' or 'popular' website like Craigslist, Ebay, FaceBook, etc...
Most sites like this one do not have the sercurity set up like the big time sites do. I would go to sites like this one first if I was a hacker/spammer.

Keep in mind the first time tap talk came up the site had to spend some $$ to make it work. More cost to the site.

Yes the smart and I-phones may make life easier......It aslo makes life more dangerous. I had someone texting on his phone and not paying attention to the road....ran my month old 2012 Silverado 2500HD off the road. Needless to say a loaded 4 wheel drive pickup aren't cheap. This truck is my first new truck.

Bottom Line-Tap crap will give another way for a spammer/hacker a way into someone computer.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
I have lost 2 computers to to hackers/spamers. One computer had information and pictures that can't be replaced. Yes I should have back it up on a disc. I had a 3rd computer that got hit and was able to retrieve the contents off it. It cost me $170 to get it fix. All three computers had the latest and greatest virus protectors on them.

Then someone desided to use a picture of my 100 on craiglist to sell his 100. I had several that said my 100 is sold. One got pissed at me for posting the ad. I have no problem if someone use my pictures to fix their Cub Cadet or show someone how something goes together. . I do have problems if someone use my pictures for profit.....especially if they don't ask first. After the party posted my 100 I quit posting information like I used to.

Most sites like this one do not have the sercurity set up like the big time sites do. I would go to sites like this one first if I was a hacker/spammer.

Keep in mind the first time tap talk came up the site had to spend some $$ to make it work. More cost to the site.

Yes the smart and I-phones may make life easier......It aslo makes life more dangerous. I had someone texting on his phone and not paying attention to the road....ran my month old 2012 Silverado 2500HD off the road. Needless to say a loaded 4 wheel drive pickup aren't cheap. This truck is my first new truck.

Bottom Line-Tap crap will give another way for a spammer/hacker a way into someone computer.
Excuse me if I am wrong, but I fail to see the connection between someone running your chevy up a tree and taptalk... That is just a case of unsafe operation of a motor vehicle and here in CT a $200 fine. People will always be dumb and text and drive, talk and drive and unfortunately it will never end. Also... eh you know what, never mind, it really isn't worth arguing about this anymore.

-~~- Cub Cadet 104 -~~- Cub Cadet 104 -~~- Cub Original -~~- Cub Lo-Boy 154 -~~-
Old 10-03-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihcc104 View Post
Excuse me if I am wrong, but I fail to see the connection between someone running your chevy up a tree and taptalk...

Sorry, but that just gave me a laugh.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
All three computers had the latest and greatest virus protectors on them.
And you're still probably using internet explorer.