Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 11:22 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDoctor View Post
There are two sides to every story. Personally I get along fine with Jon and look forward to his return.
X-2. "Birds of a feather, flock together"...

Original's Face Lift thread.http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34439
(O) Start to Finish video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs
Wheel Around videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUL-m6Bramk
They can't all be turn key!
Old 10-19-2018, 01:42 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDoctor View Post
There are two sides to every story. Personally I get along fine with Jon and look forward to his return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy1 View Post
X-2. "Birds of a feather, flock together"...
Absolutely! X-3!!!

Queen Of The Quietlines!
Old 10-19-2018, 02:57 PM
Grand Member

If birds of a feather truly flock together, wouldn't that mean the people that said this share the same perspective that put Jon in time out? I don't think any of you have had people complain about how you treat them.

I do understand the commendatory though. Jon can be a really likable guy many times. He offers a lot of knowledge and skill. He can make you laugh sometimes with his special kind of sarcasm and bluntness.

I personally have been on both receiving sides of this from Jon. Many people "I feel myself included" have a pretty thick skin and are not bothered by it. Some however "mostly newer members" I think are just not expecting it.

In my opinion, the powers that be must be in some kind of a tug of war if you will regarding this. Like I said, He brings a great deal of knowledge to the table but at what expense? If Jon was the way he was and you still had 95% new member retention I would think okay.. No harm. But if that number gets cut dramatically due to one single member time and time again, I would think ownership and administration would find fault in it which they obviously did in this case.

Just my 2 cents
Old 10-19-2018, 05:23 PM
Grand Member

He's tolerated periodically because he's an experienced mechanic. There's several others with as good or better skills who don't see the need to dominate a discussion or prove their chops by belittling others.

He's put into the penalty box more than any other member, because he has zero ability to interact civilly with adults. The sad part is, I doubt he knows how to.
147, 122
parts

It's only original ONCE!
Old 10-19-2018, 05:26 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_lancealot View Post
He’ll be back when the administration stops being petty and other people act like adults.

You're confusing being rude and insulting with maturity.
147, 122
parts

It's only original ONCE!
Old 10-19-2018, 06:20 PM
Grand Member

You know...take time to know the man and his point of view. Private message J-Mech and ask him questions about any mechanical thing and you will get a clear, concise and well thought out response. In doing so, you will not only get really accurate info but you will get a better understanding of him. He really wants members to think through a problem, or potential situation that could be potentially dangerous or unnecessarily expensive. This site has a great wealth of information to answer just about every problem that can occur with a vintage Cub Cadet. When a member asks questions that have answers readily available in the Technical Section and are told to refer to that area oftentimes do not and just want to be spoon fed. If one thinks through a problem and figures it out... that person usually has a better understanding overall of how his/her particular tractor functions. Great! However, when members refuse to accept a correct answer usually put forth first by J-Mech and confirmed by several others it gets very frustrating. I'm a bitch...if you don't like my answer and want to dispute it....ok...I will be quiet and won't argue with you. J-Mech, on the other hand, wants you to understand and sometimes he is very vehement in his responses. I guess it boils down to this...if you disagree with him, discuss the matter through the PM. Chuck the attitude and pride and listen to his point of view...then share yours....in a civil manner. OCC will become even better if we use this approach.

Now lets go play and have fun with our tractors!

Queen Of The Quietlines!
Old 10-19-2018, 06:41 PM
Grand Member

Reply to Delta.

Your not a bitch lol. But your whole statement is super subjective. Everything you praised jon for is basically saying it's ok to be rude and crude as long as you have the right answers. Your expecting people to come here and just immediately fall at the guys feet without having any understanding of who he is or what he might or might not know. It seems pretty insane to expect that anyone will just come here and show anyone that kind of respect day one without knowing the person on the other side. Respect is earned. And you dont earn respect by acting the way jon does. Also. Who is Jon to try and get people to learn how to read manuals and learn how a forum works. I mean yeah! In a perfect world people would come here and immediately know how the forum works and how to ask questions and do everything just the way jon likes them done.. well.. it's not a perfect world. And it's not Jon's world..
Old 10-19-2018, 06:46 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrewer View Post
He's tolerated periodically because he's an experienced mechanic. There's several others with as good or better skills who don't see the need to dominate a discussion or prove their chops by belittling others.

He's put into the penalty box more than any other member, because he has zero ability to interact civilly with adults. The sad part is, I doubt he knows how to.
There may be mechanics on here, but J has the best record of helping people on here by far. His talent of reading a poor description and giving a correct answer to solve the problem is better than anybody who posts here.
George is second.
I knew when read the title of this thread it would turn into a J mech bashing session. Kinda hoped we could have made it 24hrs.

O,100,72,102,123,104,124,105
(2)2182s w/60in Habans
Old 10-19-2018, 06:57 PM
Administrator

OK I was going to stay out of this but here goes. J-Mech has probably forgotten more than a lot of members know about turning wrenches, his people skills are somewhat lacking. When someone posts about an issue Jon tends to jump in and offer his opinion about how to solve the problem. That’s all good until the poster or someone else disagrees then it’s on. Jon is like a junkyard dog with a bone and he is not going to quit, he has to prove that he is right, most of the time he is but that doesn’t matter to the most of the time "new members” that feel “Offended” Then the new members go about reporting post’s to the moderators or sending PM’s to Roland crying like a bunch of pussies. Roland gets tired of dealing with this crap and people getting a timeout or banned is the result. For whatever it’s worth I just delete most of these BS complaints. Here’s the deal kids this S—T is getting old, I know how to fix my old Cubs and I don’t need OCC or any other forum to help me. I hang around to give back to the hobby. My guess is Jon is the same way. So for you Pussy A-s members I suggest you park your ego’s at the door when you log in, pull up your big kid pants and LEARN. Now as far as Jon is concerned he needs to offer his opinion and then let it go. If a member is bound and determined to do it the wrong way who gives a S—t, it's there tractor. Blow it up OK with me, you want to build something stupid not my problem. If you disagree you can say I respectfully disagree and be prepared to backup your position with facts. Now if this pisses off enough members just say so and I’m gone. Rant over.
BX2670 with FEL
Old 10-19-2018, 07:24 PM
Grand Member

147, 122
parts

It's only original ONCE!
Closed Thread