Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor (LT)

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 08:14 AM

Default My Tractors

Heres the 1315 first, then the 805, then the 1220 hydro I am going to try to salvage and piece back together.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Grand Member

tinkerman73
Looks like you are getting a good start on them
Old 09-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Grand Member

Nice tractors, good luck with them!

My Grandpa's Cart
Craftsman Lawn Sweeper
Craftsman Plug Aerator
Old 09-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Grand Member

Default Good lawn tractors!

Thanks for sharing, Those are great tractors and can do alot of what the GT's do. If I run across one, I'am gonna grab it up!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:01 PM

Well, as seen, the 1220 may be just a parter. Wich I may offer some here. It is missing the wiring harness and the lift is shot as is the rear end. No seat on it either. Wheels I will keep, but the other parts I may offer up cheap here locally if any one needs them. The smaller parts light the specidfic light panel etc. May be offered via mail? I would like to get a regular tranny and get it goin. But, theres so much there and for the money, I might could find a fixer up NF tractor? The 805 was fun and I hope I can get the new wiring harnes back on it and going again. May have a briggs, but its a great runner! I love the fender shifter! Wish the 1315 had it! Otherwise, that beauty runs absolutly lovely with that kohler command in it! Hated the deck lift system in it, so I took the one off of the 805. Now looking for replacements for the 805 for when it is back up and running. The wieght box set up fits the 805, but does not on the 1315 because there are spacer raising the rear end. So I will have to pull the wheels and drill new holes in the wieght box rails to make it work on there as well. I have a spare set of 20x8x10 tires from the hydro I have put tubes into and will fill with liquid for when I need to plow. Hopefully I do not do any harm to the axles. But these are fun tractors. I am a cub collector without knowing it since I also have the 75! Just need to get me a good narrow frame tractor sooner or later! LOL. Thanks for the coments!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncub7172 View Post
Thanks for sharing, Those are great tractors and can do alot of what the GT's do. If I run across one, I'am gonna grab it up!
Run a tiller? No. Pull a plow, disc, cultivator, etc? No. Would I push/blow snow with one? No. The rears in those little guys are notorious for being weak...I would not buy one to use for anything other than mowing. They also weight a lot less than a GT, putting you at a disadvantage for any snow removal you may attempt to do.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:46 PM

That 1220 might take a little more work that the others...Is that all you have or are you stripping it completely to paint and clean up???
1200 Cub cadet (Red)
LT 1042 Cub Cadet
1200 Cub Cadet
165 Hydro John Deere
1941 John Deere H
1950 David Bradley 5756
1952 David Bradley 57561 Super Power
Old 09-19-2010, 09:20 PM

No, I have a set of wheels, fenders, hood, briggs motor. Was almost complete minus a few small misc bolts when I got it. Rear end may have been shot? I started to tear it down to repaint. But I stole the wiring harness for the 805, did not work. I ruined it. So theres that! For the one poster who said these are too light for snow removal, then you never saw my wheel horse 657. A 6 horse made in 1957. Tiny garden tractor. I could easily pick it up and move it around. I would when stuck, pick it up and move the rear end over to a more solid spot. Of course with the ag tires I seldom ever got stuck! never in snow plowing! I actually miss that tractor. I know I shouldnt say that here. But that was the best tractor I ever had before or rode before! it was far better then my dads old cub WF or his old 11hp(?) Wheel horse from the late 70's. But that is why I really want to find a nice NF sooner or later. But I am happy having these two good ones and I figure it should do what I wan it to do. If the rear end goes, then Ill take the one from the other one! I paid $60 for one and $133 for the other one! Find a good running NF for that! If ya do around here, let me know and Ill snag it in a heart beat!
Old 09-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G. View Post
Run a tiller? No. Pull a plow, disc, cultivator, etc? No. Would I push/blow snow with one? No. The rears in those little guys are notorious for being weak...I would not buy one to use for anything other than mowing. They also weight a lot less than a GT, putting you at a disadvantage for any snow removal you may attempt to do.
Yea, I know. I was just being nice about the CC LT's he has. But I'am sure that there are a number of jobs you could use the lts for. tinkerman73- I got my 71 stuck last winter and that was very upsetting. The old Ford would have never pulled it out because we were recieving large amounts of snow at the time..........powerd my way out and was relieved. But the thought did cross my mind that I may have to take apart the tractor to be able to get it out and away from the road. So I know what you mean there about the lighter tractor you had. Hope you find a nf soon as you can, then you may realy like those lts because you wont have to switch back to the mower deck of the nf, thats my case and point!
Old 09-19-2010, 10:10 PM

Well, once the one is fixed up and the others still good, I may try to find a way to sell/trade to get a NF. But I will want the impliments as I can like rototiller, plow, larger deck etc. My one question is how are the older machines at holding up to 30-40 hours a week of mowing? I have several yards and a camp ground I mow! These Lts are good for that! Run all day keep cool and smooth! Could use some more traction on the hills as I go sidwarys ond once in a while a wheel wants to break loose. But of course I am sure adding the fluid in the tires would help that on the Lts! I just am warry of the old motors! On the wheel horse, half way through a season of mowing two acres at my old house and the little six banger blew up and I did a sin, placed a new tecumseh log splitter motor in it and bought a new belt to fit and ran it a long time that way! Ran great, but was not original at that time. On these Lts, that does not concern me. But on a GT it would concern me!