Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 11-16-2018, 06:59 AM
Grand Member

Hey Rick you are just over the hill from me (near Gapland) I broke out the Husqvarna 30" 11hp snow blower and eat through it... had to finish up with the Kubota.. Real heavy wet snow....I don't think they predicted the snowfall anywhere near of what we got on the ground.... I need a job that I can be wrong 80 percent of the time and keep it...
Old 11-16-2018, 07:06 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john hall View Post
We have ton's of Yankees here that tell us how us Southerners can't drive in the white stuff. How they never are late for work or schools are never closed unless its way over a foot. But the national news tonight had plenty of footage to prove otherwise. Fake news?
Started snowing at 1:30ish by my shop. By time i left at 4pm the roads were covered with about 2 inches of slush. It was pretty slick but not horrible. It took me 2 hours to get home. Normally a 25 min trip. Yes, first snow fall of the year seems like people forgot what it is or something. Did not help that it was at its worst during rush hour traffic. I saw 2 fender benders on the way home. I usually see 3 fender benders a week on my route in good weather.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Well yesterday was entertaining to say the least. Got a nasty ice storm. Power went out, generator came on so I'm thinking all is good. A little while later it sounds like it's lugging down and it shuts off and says underspeed. So I figure it's trying to handle too much load. Heat pump is a solid ice cube so I shut it off thinking it was pulling too much load along with some other stuff and fire it back up. All good for a while then it does it again. This thing is a 20 KW generator so something is not right. Shut off just about everything and light it up again. All good till about 4:00 pm when it shuts off again this time it says overspeed. Time to call the guy that installed it and services it. He shows up in 20 minutes. Replaces the stepper motor that controls the speed and we are back up and running. Talk about awesome service.

Today I get to get the BX out and drag branches to the dead tree pile. Ice made a mess of my pine trees.

I hate winter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5067.jpg (29.8 KB, 96 views)
BX2670 with FEL
Old 11-16-2018, 07:50 AM
Senior Moderator

I don't miss that stuff!

Snow shuts this town down quick.

Rick, did you check your intake manifold for any splits on the 982?
Old 11-16-2018, 07:59 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Mac View Post
Well yesterday was entertaining to say the least. Got a nasty ice storm. Power went out, generator came on so I'm thinking all is good. A little while later it sounds like it's lugging down and it shuts off and says underspeed. So I figure it's trying to handle too much load. Heat pump is a solid ice cube so I shut it off thinking it was pulling too much load along with some other stuff and fire it back up. All good for a while then it does it again. This thing is a 20 KW generator so something is not right. Shut off just about everything and light it up again. All good till about 4:00 pm when it shuts off again this time it says overspeed. Time to call the guy that installed it and services it. He shows up in 20 minutes. Replaces the stepper motor that controls the speed and we are back up and running. Talk about awesome service.

Today I get to get the BX out and drag branches to the dead tree pile. Ice made a mess of my pine trees.

I hate winter.
Up at an undisclosed location and the ice is taking a toll on trees and branches. Walk outside and you can see limbs crashing down the side of the Mountain... Made for a fun drive up it....
Old 11-16-2018, 08:20 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Mac View Post
Time to call the guy that installed it and services it. He shows up in 20 minutes. Replaces the stepper motor that controls the speed and we are back up and running. Talk about awesome service.
I hate winter.
Wow,, That service is pretty impressive! Are you sure the service guys don't just get to you that quick to check out all your toys and for the conversation??
Old 11-16-2018, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperino View Post
Wow,, That service is pretty impressive! Are you sure the service guys don't just get to you that quick to check out all your toys and for the conversation??
I pay my bills fast.
BX2670 with FEL
Old 11-16-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkminion_17 View Post
8" here and still snowing, I am not ready yet either Rick.
Once the 982 gets squared away I’ll be in good shape for snow as long as I’m home! May have to let the wife learn how to run stuff. I’m impressed with that little loader. Hydraulic steering is nice. Week off New Years it’s getting torn down and painted, mechanically it’s perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadslingingdaddy View Post
Hey Rick you are just over the hill from me (near Gapland) I broke out the Husqvarna 30" 11hp snow blower and eat through it... had to finish up with the Kubota.. Real heavy wet snow....I don't think they predicted the snowfall anywhere near of what we got on the ground.... I need a job that I can be wrong 80 percent of the time and keep it...
I go across gapland when I’m local and have to report to Frederick. I’m bracing for a long winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak View Post
I don't miss that stuff!

Snow shuts this town down quick.

Rick, did you check your intake manifold for any splits on the 982?
Yes the manifold is good, when I had a local shop rebuild the Nikki carb on it they cleaned and sealed it up.
CCC 1863
Old 11-16-2018, 08:50 PM

80% is very generous, weather forecasters have it made in the shade.