Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 11-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Grand Member

Nothing of the sort!!
One thing you are, thats honest!!
We all make little goofs some times.
The person who does nothing, makes no goofs.
You are learning like all of us. no matter the age, when a person is all finished learning he is passed on to another world.
ok, so does it try to run, with the key on???? and are you getting spark?
If so and you are pis- er leaking gas out the carb, lets try something simple.
turn off the gas and try to run it on what is in the fuel bowel. that is if it will now run???
I say this because sometimes a person is lucky and they have just a simple piece of dirt in the needle/seat keeping it from closing.
now report back to us so we can help.
This is fun,
I do admit i did laughed at the mistake, not at you, but at thinking about some of my mistakes in the past, I wished they were all that simple.
Geo.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:46 PM

Mike,
That's pretty darn funny!!! I've done some goofy things over the years myself. Hopefully you get that tractor up and running soon!
Jason
Old 11-22-2009, 09:01 PM

MrChic-

I haven't been fooled by the ignition key in a long time but I'm glad to know I'm not alone. Lately I've been fooled by the foot pedal safety switch on my 1250 and the pto lever being forward (engaged) on another. It's easy to do when the tractor will start without your being on it. When my mind's on the problem sometimes I'll overlook the obvious.

I'm sure you'll have it purring like a tiger soon. Wayne
Old 11-22-2009, 11:23 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the support. It is just so frustrating because I wanted to be doing maintenance like an oil and hydraulic fluid change and not spend the weekend chasing a non existent problem. Oh well you live and you learn.

Bill, how many times can use that big gallon of carb cleaner before it is all contaminated?

George, it fired right up after I walked away for a little break and went back. The leaking carb may have been starting fluid that I sprayed in there in my ill attempts to get running with out the key in. After I ran it out with the fuel off and opened the petcock again it didn't leak and started right up again. I still want to do the carb though just because I need to learn and the tractor will run better I am sure.

I learned a lot from the exercise in futility so that is the positive, oh yeah and she RUNS!!! That kohler shakes so bad I thought it would shake right off the jack stands.

I really appreciate the help. I am now going to focus on my front wheel issue so I can get her moving again.

"Chug a lug a luggin' 5 miles an hour on my International Harvester"

"Don't forget that ignition key !!"
Old 11-23-2009, 01:51 AM
Grand Member

If I got kicked off the forum every time I did something stupid, I would spend all my time trying to get back on and never would get any work done!!!

As someone already said but I believe it is worth repaeting, The guy who never does anything wrong probably isn't doing very much.

Glad to hear that it ran for you!
Old 11-23-2009, 07:56 AM

If you take the plug and stick your tongue on it, when you turn over the engine it should taste like lemons. Oh wait...I think that's for 9-volt batteries!
Old 11-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Grand Member

I thought it was tongue on-the-flagpole on a freezing day to see if the lake was solid enough to Ice skate
Old 11-24-2009, 10:00 AM

Some mention has been made of PB's "Tuneup-in-a-can". I will add my testimonial to the rest that the stuff works. A short blast in the carb while it's running and things just seem to get better. Follow the instructions on the can.

Tongue on the flagpole. Sheesh! Who would do something like that? (tongue firmly in cheek):biggrin2.gif: