Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Grand Member

Talking Relief Valves on 982 Hydro Unit

So it was suggested that I look around more (primarily in the USA) for a better price on the releif valves for my 982. I too had the same thought since the price for them in Canada here was almost $195.00 each! Then you can add 15% sales tax to that too. It was suggested to contact LJ Fluid Power in Delton, MI for a price on them. $57.02 each plus shipping! You think I didn't jump all over them? Only $135.16 including shipping to my house in Canada. Only thing I have to pay is the duties & brokerage when I receive them here - likely about $20 to $30. Hmmmmm, you think Cub Cadet in Canada are out to make some money???

Thank you for the suggestion to contact LJ Fluid. Kevin in parts.....this guy is good, he knew exactly what I was needing and wasn't fumbling and babbling on like an idiot either. Very impressed so far. I am guessing I will likely get them by the end of the week. I will update you when I do get them with the final price and let you know if I have any issues.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Grand Member

Yea,
they are familiar with what they have, and given the part numbers, it is a no brainer.
The price here in the states isn't much different, cub cadet sells them @ high markup.
Luckily some parts are directly interchangeable to John Deere part numbers and they run 15% or so cheaper,
for the exact same part from the same manufacture.
I don't mind supporting local businesses or like our sponsors, but I don't like being taken advantage of.
It is just a shame some folks are taken for a ride because they aren't informed, and they shouldn't have to be.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Grand Member

Well my parts arrived today via UPS. I am impressed...the price of two relief valves, shipping and customs clearance at the border and taxes, I got both for less than the price of one in Cananda from a Cub dealer! Ummm...yep, I'd do it again in a heart beat! I also ordered my rear gasket so I can change the oil in the rear end and filter tomorrow. Had them send an extra one so I will have it here for next time. Since I already have an extra filter sitting in the garage now too.

Will see if I can get some pictures too while doing the work tomorrow. It should be interesting to see the insides of this unit too.

Thanks for the heads up about LJ Fluids!!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Grand Member

It's pretty sad what cub cadet does with the mark ups. Kubota offers the exhaust manifold for our diesels for about 47.00. Same one from Cub Cadet is roughly 100.00. That's pathetic. I do go to the local cub dealer for little things but the major stuff I shop around.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Grand Member

I think I'd have to agree...it is SAD and they wonder why they go out of business so easily. DUH!
Old 04-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Grand Member

FWIW.
For giggles I just looked up those check valves on the Jonn Deere parts sight.
AM 32939 $126.50 each.
Now we are talking the identicial valve, not some almost the same part,
or modify to fit etc.
(well it comes in a genuine J.D plastic bag, not a genuing cub cadet bag)Ha,LOL!
Old 04-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Grand Member

lol....mine actually came in a clear plastic back with the part number printed on a piece of brown paper. There is no mention of IH, MTD, JD or any other company on it. Guess I got the deal, I didn't have to pay for a product name for once!

Funny, looked at the cardboard my rear gasket came in....the sticker has a nice MTD logo on it, the 3 blades of green grass. NICE, no wonder it cost me $16.00 for a hunk of paper crap!
Old 04-17-2010, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Heritage View Post
lol....mine actually came in a clear plastic back with the part number printed on a piece of brown paper. There is no mention of IH, MTD, JD or any other company on it. Guess I got the deal, I didn't have to pay for a product name for once!

Funny, looked at the cardboard my rear gasket came in....the sticker has a nice MTD logo on it, the 3 blades of green grass. NICE, no wonder it cost me $16.00 for a hunk of paper crap!
Well that's good to know, I just bought 2 valves for my 1512 Diesel and payed $98.00 each. Its good to know that they can be bought at a more reasonable price. I will save that info. And I have to help you also. I live in Nova Scotia Canada and never ship parts BROWN because they will always charge you a brokerage fee. But if you ship US mail there is not extra charge. I ordered a $10.00 part once and paid a fee of $30.00 to get it . That kind of Charge should be illegal. Later Don T
Old 04-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Grand Member

So I dove into this job today.....will finish it up tomorrow and post some pictures....wow! Learnt a lot today.....went better than I thought it would.

TBC.....