Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Events > Cub Cadet Events

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Grand Member

My wife and I, along with the 100, if nothing happens.

My Grandpa's Cart
Craftsman Lawn Sweeper
Craftsman Plug Aerator
Old 09-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Grand Member

I'm ready for plow day, guys! The 100 will be set up to plow next week!

My Grandpa's Cart
Craftsman Lawn Sweeper
Craftsman Plug Aerator
Old 09-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Banned

I'll be putting the final touches on my 122 this weekend for PD. I'm getting really exicted. Looking forward to meeting new people and seeing some cubs! I've got to get some picture's of your 100 Allen. Not sure which camera I'll be bringing and if my buddy will be coming or not but I'll be there and some dirt will be plowed and some picture's will be taken!
Old 09-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Grand Member

I hear ya, Duke! We'll have our camera too.

My Grandpa's Cart
Craftsman Lawn Sweeper
Craftsman Plug Aerator
Old 09-02-2010, 03:33 PM

Talking

I hope we can prove the land owner wrong next weekend. He doesnt even think these garden tractors will be able to break the ground but i think hes going to be in for a rude awakening.

Just a few reminders:
The land owner- Jim Moore- bleeds IH red and you'll see why when you get there. Hes a great guy and knows his stuff but i wouldnt want to get on his bad side. This is probably the 4th year in a row he has had a plow day on his property but its always turned out to just about 5-10 tractors plowing. I think there will be around 20 garden tractors this time and who knows how many big tractors. With that said, yes, he is still having the Tractor plow day as well but if i remember correctly, he is going to let us go before the the big boys.

Dry camping is available and porta-jons are being provided at Jims expense.

Last i checked, the Dixie Turf Toys club will be selling hamburgers and dogs for lunch so bring your appetite for good food and red clay

FYI for all of you non-originals to the area, my Grampa always told me the clay is red from all that Yankee blood. HA. love him

Lastly, please just keep in mind this is Jim Moores plow day and everything is out of his pocket. I dont think he intends on charging anything but it couldnt hurt to throw a few bucks his way. And of course, everyone is responsible for their own actions.
Lets all have fun, throw some dirt and show these old timers what these Cub Cadets will do.

Cya in a week and 2 days
Old 09-04-2010, 05:25 PM

Ok guys, here is the field report from yesterday evening. Robert and I went out there to Jim's field just to make a test run with his Cub Cadet. Mr Jim was so sure we couldnt plow with these little babies we had to make sure before everyone came out. Dropped the plow in the solid red clay and after a few adjustments, the dirt was starting to roll like it should. I was kind of scared the way Jim spoke about his dirt but now im not so intimidated. Here are my thoughts on what you will need for your plow tractor.

A LOT of rear weight. The cub yesterday had loaded tires and one set of rear weights and i highly think it will need more. Had 40 lbs on the front and that seemed fine but we were loosing traction more than i would prefer.

Make sure your tractor is ready for a full and hard day of work. This aint no backyard garden spot! This clay is gonna make your engine work like there's no tomorrow.

Can't wait for a week to get here!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Banned

Thanks for the update David. I'm hoping for rain Wednesday or Thursday to loosen the clay up a bit. I'm stuck with loading my tires and my single set of wheel weights. I hope that's enough.

Going to have fun no matter what!
Old 09-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Grand Member

I'm going to have one set of wheel weights also.

My Grandpa's Cart
Craftsman Lawn Sweeper
Craftsman Plug Aerator
Old 09-04-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACecil View Post
I'm going to have one set of wheel weights also.
Cecil, do you plan on plowing with the rear duals? Or, do you remove one set of rear wheels/tires? I'm guessing that with a given amount of weight, you'll get more downward pounds per sq. inch without the duals? I'm curious.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Grand Member

Yep, I won't be using the duals for plowing. Later on, I'll be adding another set of wheel weights.

My Grandpa's Cart
Craftsman Lawn Sweeper
Craftsman Plug Aerator

Tags
plow day