Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 07-18-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_lancealot View Post
Doesn't even have 60 hours on the meter. 50" deck has never been used and the blade has seen very little use.
Holy cow....

This is the type of buy that I dream of. I have not idea what you paid, but you almost can't go wrong with a purchase like this. I'm green with envy right now.

Congrats!

1971 126 w/ Brinly Sleeve Hitch, Plow, Discs, and Cultivator

http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=50159
Old 07-18-2018, 10:16 AM
Grand Member

So Jonny, Lance should stop at DeltaCubs place, she would like to see it.
Too bad it was left out, but 2 years is better than 20.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:00 AM

Wow, just wow! And all I can find find around here is overpriced junk. Oh well, maybe some day. Great find!

1976 IH Cub Cadet 1250, 1978 IH Cub Cadet 1250 W/Hydraulic lift
Old 07-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Found this little lady on Craigslist near me. I picked it up for my brother because he wanted a 16 HP engine to have around for rebuild purposes and the price was a steal for just the engine. Well, I got there to pick it up and it turns out it's basically a NOS tractor. Doesn't even have 60 hours on the meter. 50" deck has never been used and the blade has seen very little use. No side panels or deck subframe, but those aren't hard to find. It even has a sleeve hitch. It's been sitting for a couple years, but it fired right up with a jump start. Looks like Jonathan is making out like a bandit on this one.

I am drooling!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
Oh, how could you not? I mean, we really think the hour meter is correct. The tractor isn't a barn find.... unfortunately it has basically sat outside, at least for 2 years. But it appears to be in good shape, and the deck! The deck hasn't ever been used! It's brand new! Yeah, once I got the pics, and Lance got it running with ease.... I was like, "Oh... well, I guess I'm not going to be parting that out." At least I'll have a second mowing tractor. Been wanting another for mowing, just hadn't had time to work on any of mine. Too many other projects this summer. I worked most of the winter on the 317 with the intention of selling it, but by the time I got it up, running and tried it out, I found out the engine burns oil faster than gas, so I didn't get it sold. I did use it though! Had to fill the crankcase 3 times to one tank of gas.
I am happy to learn that you be using it and not hacking it to pieces!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkminion_17 View Post
If Lance had stopped by my place....the only 1650 he would be taking to Jonathan would be a little ERTL 1650!

Still looks good for sitting outside. I am curious however, the mower spindle
housings look like the type used to replace the old "water pump" style.

Queen Of The Quietlines!
Old 07-18-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaCub View Post
I am curious however, the mower spindle
housings look like the type used to replace the old "water pump" style.
How can one tell from the outside? I can get more detailed pictures of them. The tops of all three spindles are still covered in a red grease cap I assume is from the factory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5638.jpg (26.2 KB, 85 views)
Old 07-18-2018, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
How can one tell from the outside? I can get more detailed pictures of them. The tops of all three spindles are still covered in a red grease cap I assume is from the factory.
From the bottom side pics Lance.
I saw it too. Pretty sure it has the newer tapered bearing style spindle. They are aluminum. At least the one I can see....
Old 07-18-2018, 11:06 PM
Banned

Want to thank everyone! I wish I had it now! But if I did, I would just be working on it. I call it playing.
Going to be fun to get it back in shape. Lance is telling me he thinks the hood is junk. He says he thinks where the water ran on it all the time, it may have rusted a hole clear through. Fortunately, if that is the case, the 1450 that he also has for me he thought had a good hood, and I have a QL hood here that is good. It needs painted, but it's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad126 View Post
Holy cow....

This is the type of buy that I dream of. I have not idea what you paid, but you almost can't go wrong with a purchase like this. I'm green with envy right now.

Congrats!
Thanks. I wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag, because I seldom share what I paid since it's almost never anything much. But we got this all for $200. So, there it is. Deals are out there for those who look, and wait. I miss them all the time, not for not looking, but just not having the cash in hand when I need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkminion_17 View Post
I know. Maybe later this summer when I go out to get it, I can come home through the northern part of Ohio instead of the central part. Out of the way, but hey.... why not?

Gonna make it to your place one of these days. Lance said next time I come out.... but it looks like the next trip will be another short one like last time. Probably just a couple days.

2 years is better than 20, I agree. But 0 is preferred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaCub View Post
I am drooling!!!!

I am happy to learn that you be using it and not hacking it to pieces!

If Lance had stopped by my place....the only 1650 he would be taking to Jonathan would be a little ERTL 1650!

See, Lew was right.

Maybe I don't want to come through norther Ohio!! I might have to unload it!!

Don't worry Beth, I save everything that I can..... but you know how it is, some just aren't worth saving. I have only parted a couple tractors, They were BAAAAADDD. But QL's are easy to find, and a lot of them are just shot, and a lot of times cheap. The engines in them can be set up for either "A" or "AQS", so they are good candidates for core motors. Plus, a lot of the parts are desirable, so they can be sold off. BUT.... like I said, I will only do it if they are too far gone. I'm not just looking for cheap, I'm looking for cheap, good engine core and basically junk machine. Got to be hundreds of Cubs with engines out there that are just sitting outside. (Couple hundred in PA in one spot that we all know of....)

Lance has a tractor (104) here at my place now, we can't decide what to do with. It's fixable, but if we fixed it and sold it, we would be lucky to break even. If we sell it as is, we would be lucky to break even. If we part it, we would likely keep all the main parts, try to sell what's left, then scrap the rest.... so what do you do? The only choice is keep the good parts and scrap it, or fix it and keep it. No way to make any money off of it, so it just sits. Good engine. Good rear. Bad clutch. Shot steering. Bad tires. Bad wiring. Rotted deck. Nice seat! Maybe Lew would want the seat?
Old 07-18-2018, 11:21 PM
Grand Member

Hell of a good deal right there "Master of Lance/Jon."
I know someone who has side covers.

Original's Face Lift thread.http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34439
(O) Start to Finish video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs
Wheel Around videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUL-m6Bramk
They can't all be turn key!
Old 07-18-2018, 11:29 PM

Wow, what a find! I agree with other posters, overpriced junk seems to be the norm.

I say this a lot, and although they have their own little set of issues, Quietlines are great tractors. It looks as if you have a nice one, there.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:54 AM
Banned

Thanks Todd! I'll have to give you a shout soon. I may want those side covers. I forgot you had an extra set.

Thanks bkw!