Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 07-17-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsruskw View Post
So much for OBO C/L ads, Huh??
Right, I literally was on your end of the deal with a cyclops tractor last week. Offered 150 on a 100 dollar unit. They told me it was already promised. I said its says "OBO" and proceeded to tell them to let the market set the price. I said at least go back to the person and get an additional 50 dollars out of them. I never heard any more and the ad disappeared.

Its crazy how fast things go online now. There is hardly isn't any point in scrolling past the first few postings on anything. If it is a deal it is gone. I pressed my luck with this by saying I wanted to come later in the day.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:32 PM
Banned

It is crazy how fast you have to jump on good deals. I get being frustrated over the OBO ads. If I had been in the sellers position, I would have honored the first deal I made too. Usually OBO means they will take less.... not that it's an auction looking for the highest bid.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:32 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsruskw View Post
So much for OBO C/L ads, Huh??
What's wrong with the guy honoring the deal he made prior to your offer? I bought a Kwik way loader for $100 last year off eBay, took me a week to go pick it up and in that time the guy found out how much it was worth but as he said "A deals a deal"
1211 Dual Stick
Pap's 100 restoration thread - http://onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47965
Old 07-17-2018, 02:53 PM
Grand Member

What's wrong??
He did not tell me it was sold, only there were folks interested.
The ad was still up when I last called.
That's when I dropped the OBO deal on him, only to get a chuckle in return.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:54 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
It is crazy how fast you have to jump on good deals. I get being frustrated over the OBO ads. If I had been in the sellers position, I would have honored the first deal I made too. Usually OBO means they will take less.... not that it's an auction looking for the highest bid.
That’s what obo means to me too. Never thought the price would go up.

O,100,72,102,123,104,124,105
(2)2182s w/60in Habans
Old 07-17-2018, 03:16 PM

Don't get me wrong I agree, the guy was a stand up guy in honoring our agreement. Honestly its rare you interact with standup people on CL. CL people's word is worth very little. I am not set in stone with an agreement till I give a buyer my address. Frequently I get people stating; I can come this weekend, tomorrow or tonight. I reply "okay great, text me before you head out and ill let you know if I still have it and give you my address then" 9 out of 10 times I never hear from those people again. When my address is given out, the ad is then deleted.

I am on finruskw side with this. The price should've been driven up to $300. I think I should've received a text during the day "Hi a guy just offered me $300for the tractor, you were the first to contact me so I want to give you first dibs on it but the price is seeming to go up" At that point he still lets me get the first swing at it.

But he didn't mention anything to me till I was there.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds45512 View Post
I bought a Kwik way loader for $100 last year off eBay, took me a week to go pick it up and in that time the guy found out how much it was worth but as he said "A deals a deal"
That's amazing, an open market place like that and it goes for so little! we have all gotten deals, its what makes the hunt so addicting.

These old tractors are kind of unique; to a large portion of the population they are worth very little over scrap. Especially once it leaves the original owners hands the value seems to be lost in transaction. Seems like people see them as an old lawn mower, and see lawn mowers as cheap and replaceable.

The guy I bought this off of, it had been sitting in the woods for 5+ years holding zero value to them. Him and his sister kept asking why I wanted it.

It seems like a lot of the adds fall into two categories: someone who values it too much, and doesn't want to sell it. Or you get very low prices, because of unawareness.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:33 PM
Grand Member

Another issue is the payment side of things
I offered to PayPal him the full amount up front right away both times I spoke with him to no avail. Also stated I could not get up his way for several days, maybe that ws the deal killer or maybe he did not have PayPal, IDK
Then it really is a case of '1st come 1st serve to those within reasonable striking distance so to speak.

Case in point, I sold a car last fall to a buyer in Sweden. Before I knew it the entire amount was in my PayPal account and it damn sure WAS NOT a measly $300.

Another one, several years ago with a 2182. Buyer from OH snapped it up and paid the full amount. I later met him near Davenport to help with his mileage to pick it up. Truly a pleasure to deal with those kinds of folks.

Good luck with a GREAT DEAL for sure!!
Old 07-17-2018, 03:39 PM
Grand Member

Nice steal from the others that were snoozing.
Didja get it running yet?
I thought that OBO was a musical instrument you blew into to make music.
That motor looks hardly used as you can still read the tag. Most fall off or get damaged from dripping fuel.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:42 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlightboards48 View Post
That's amazing, an open market place like that and it goes for so little! we have all gotten deals, its what makes the hunt so addicting.

These old tractors are kind of unique; to a large portion of the population they are worth very little over scrap. Especially once it leaves the original owners hands the value seems to be lost in transaction. Seems like people see them as an old lawn mower, and see lawn mowers as cheap and replaceable.

The guy I bought this off of, it had been sitting in the woods for 5+ years holding zero value to them. Him and his sister kept asking why I wanted it.

It seems like a lot of the adds fall into two categories: someone who values it too much, and doesn't want to sell it. Or you get very low prices, because of unawareness.
He had it listed as buy it now. Someone on here posted the link to it and I couldn't hit the button fast enough.
1211 Dual Stick
Pap's 100 restoration thread - http://onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47965