Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > CCC/MTD Cub Cadet built Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 05-22-2019, 12:08 AM

Default You guys are gonna get me in trouble here

It's a good kind of trouble I think though..... Just addictive

So here's what I'm talking about. I came across a 1882 for sale with a few attachments, and I'm curious what it's worth. I did buy it, and feel pretty good about it. I did some research on here about what some of you apparently call a cyclops, and other than some electrical, and plastic hood issues they seem to be good machines? Well I know they are good machines. Here's what I got:

Tractor has a good running smoke free engine with 2020 hours on the clock. PO has no clue if it's original yet. Hood's fenders seat etc in good shape yet. The whole thing is actually pretty sharp yet. The only real issue so far is he claimed the 3 point is weak. It does struggle to lift the tiller, but has plenty of pulling power even at idle. I'll address that once I get it through the shop. Moving on...

3pt CC tiller in really nice shape. Needs a new PTO shield and some grease. Bearings and u joints are tight.

60" mowing deck in pretty good shape

1 bottom 3pt plow in great shape

Front 5 position snow blade in good shape

2 stage snowblower in really good shape

Extra rims with AG lug tires (these are what I was looking for in the first place when I found it) and poly wheel weights

Spare mule drive

All owners manuals, sales literature, and a spare key!

Ability to check the valves that are on my 682 to see if they are bad or not!

I'll spill the beans I'm just curious what I have.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:41 AM
Grand Member

You are in trouble.....
#2 Cart
QA36 snowthower
Old 05-22-2019, 05:01 AM
Grand Member

Sounds like a great set up. If the motor craps the bed put the Briggs conversion in it from Small Engine Warehouse or find a donor with a big Command motor. Those attachments are very desirable. Good luck!

70, #1 cart. Brinly Cultivator. Some wheel weights.

{125, 126, 2072-Sold~regrettably, 2284 60 inch Haban 325 deck., 451 snowblower, 2182-60 inch Haban 374 deck- "Money Pit", 401 Haban 54 inch dozer blade- rebuilt, 1440-down the road, Another 2182 for parts. Another 2284 for parts. 450 blower. 1812-sold, 2072 w/ Haban 374, and a 2182#3 w/ Haban 325}-------> All SOLD
Old 05-22-2019, 12:02 PM
Grand Member

If the motor goes to hell replace with same kind.
put a pressure gauge on the hydro and bump up the implement lift pressure.
usually only need an additional shim or two at most.
you got a nice setup, if you and seller are pleased, it is a good deal!
Old 05-22-2019, 10:00 PM
Grand Member

Nice looking tractor, and some nice attachments!
38" LT mower deck, 4 42" triangle mower decks, 2 44A mower decks, 2 50C mower decks, 42” GT deck, 3 42" snow/dirt blades, 42" landscape rake, #4 cart
Old 05-22-2019, 11:28 PM

Thanks guys, so I got it all for $2k. I'd see them around or 1872's more often than a 782, and I've never seen a 982 for sale around here that wasn't just beat to heck. I wanted one with the rear PTO and 3pt, thinking I'd add implements eventually. I didn't plan on doing it all at once. I'm probably happier with this, and the wife would even be comfortable running it with the power steering. She wouldn't drive the M on the farm because of that reason. She told me no more though now until she gets a new Explorer. That's not going to be for at least two years!
I'm going to futz with the lift more this weekend unless the rain finally lets us start planting. I'm thinking that's all that's needed.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:50 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH1086 View Post
Thanks guys, so I got it all for $2k. I'd see them around or 1872's more often than a 782, and I've never seen a 982 for sale around here that wasn't just beat to heck. I wanted one with the rear PTO and 3pt, thinking I'd add implements eventually. I didn't plan on doing it all at once. I'm probably happier with this, and the wife would even be comfortable running it with the power steering. She wouldn't drive the M on the farm because of that reason. She told me no more though now until she gets a new Explorer. That's not going to be for at least two years!
I'm going to futz with the lift more this weekend unless the rain finally lets us start planting. I'm thinking that's all that's needed.
Rain ?? Yall got rain?
Nawww, Really?
I try to be optimistic, It is storming as I type with 1 finner here.
We went into April with normal weather, then it started raining and staying cool
Normally, SE Michigan is 90% planted this time of year, we are about 1% planted, as some boys have sand hills.
The Vegetable boys that plant 'maters, peppers,cabbage etc have destroyed
their sets and reseeded in the greenhouses.
The migrant workers are seeking work elsewhere and doing odd jobs.
Even the lawncare workers can't mow.
My little garden is un-planted except for "poodles"
Might be the year to totally retire from crop farming, but always hoped to go a few more years, quitting @ 80.
Occasionally we will get a day when it is dry and the sun shines, but
mid*50-*60 does little drying, then rain again.
Sorry for all the negativity,and running this train off the track,
The heartland has it worse,with all the tornadoes and the Mississippi over it's banks still.
Good thing is the Great lakes are back up to normal levels.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH1086 View Post
I think you did pretty good, even if you need some motor work or a repower. I bought my 982 with unknown hours (in very good running order) and a 50c deck in need of a little work in 2006 for $1,000. I added a Ruegg 3 point ($400), rear PTO and (the same) tiller (~$1,000) plus a 450 blower ($250). So you have a few more implements than I do, along with power steering for about $650 less in 2019 dollars. I'd feel pretty good about that. And IMHO, that tiller is fantastic. I actually just tilled my garden last night. I had a belt driven tiller on a JD212, and it would buck and rock the tractor, the CC just muscles right thru. Mine is a little slow to lift, but it is a heavy unit and I've really never thought about doing anything about it. Good luck!

Original Member #54
Old 05-23-2019, 11:49 AM

George it's just gonna be one of those years. I sold the cows last March. We now run about 180 acres of red clay, so we're a no go yet for a while. Lots of hay ground froze out too, plus enough still drowning. I was talking to the field rep from the milk plant the other day, and we came up with the idea that winter and summer are getting divorced. They have 50/50 custody of spring which is why we get 1 week of drying followed by 1 week of not! Hopefully their custody battle ends soon! I have a friend in SE Illinois that said of the 340 acres of corn they were able to get in they have 40% emergence. Beans aint going in at all for them. They had no power for 3 days with the last round of
storms and raise hogs too. Keeping the tractor going for 3 hours on the generator to milk was bad enough, much less keeping the farrowing barns going for 3 days! I really feel for the folks down there.

Toyman I'd love to have gotten my hands on a 982. I just really like the red ones! I'm glad I can prove my "good buy" to the wife. It makes it easier to ask forgiveness on the next find! The engine even though I have no clue how many if all of the hours are on it runs good yet. I'll cross the repower bridge if needed later. I just want to get some use on it now!

One thing I did find out, is I have no belt to drive the mowing deck. I can't find out how to figure out what one I need? Anyone know?