Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 07:24 PM

Great pics guys! I did not have a good season this year. The first day of youth gun my gun fell out of my stand and broke the stock off!. So i went out and bought a new Remington 870 combo 12ga for gun season. I saw two that i walked right up behind at 10yds! But i didn't see anything for the whole week.What i was mad about was i have 7 high powered rifes and one shotgun. In Ohio you have to hunt with a shotgun! My other hobby with other than cubs is guns by the way lol!
1966 123,3pt,brinly spring assist
1973 108
1968 125
Attachments:QA36A,wfblade,2 nf blades,brinly disc,a cultivator,plow,homemade wrecker boom with 2000lbs winch,ih weights,50lbs weights,2IH windbreakers
Old 12-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Grand Member

MrGitrdone41,
Guns and Cubs Sounds good to me too!

Duke,
I guess I hadn't noticed the similarity until I looked a little closer. Todd is the better looking brother!

Todd, (Bro)
That's a lot of meat through your shop! We are at about the 375 lb mark right now, That may be it for the year unless this new jerky recipe is a big hit, then the .50 cal. Hawken muzzle loader may be pressed into action after Christmas for the late season. I saved out some steaks and the back straps and want to try to cook them on the grill. Any good recipes for venison fillets on the grill?
We only shoot what we are going to eat. It had been several years for me and the last one was a nice doe taken from a stand in the same wood lot. (I picked this house because it looked like a good deer crossing.) We have killed several deer in these woods each year for the last 26 years. (so we are part of the contributing factor in the deer herd population decline)
I agree with you Todd, hunting helps put me in touch with our food supply. I have been helping butcher since I was old enough to walk, guess its in the blood.

Vince,
That looks like a great hunting spot. Yes whack them just in the edges of the woods.

We have bigger deer in the area but the luck of the draw dealt me this one and I was pleased.
Regards,
Chris

Cubs: 147R and the "train", 127 elec lift, 127, 125, 106, 102, 100, 86, 73, Brinly plow, Snow thrower, 2 Rototillers, several mower decks and several snow plows, #1 cart, Grandkids barrel cart.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:16 AM

Default grill

Hello, Yea 6" backstrap,garlic pepper all around and burn both sides, about 10 minutes each. Let set a few minutes and cut in half. Like 2 pieces of filet minyon with a little pink juices running. UMMM good. I like them yearling renewable resorces. Also slice 1/8" thick round steaks for hot buttered steak sandwitchs,mushrooms,onions,baby swiss etc. UMMMM. Mike
Old 12-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Grand Member

Default Missouri Deer Hunting

There I was, 1/4mile from my hunting area & there he was. From my car window. Saw him 3 more X but could not get a shot that I was satisfied with. Didn't want to take a chance with not having that sure-100% shot.

So what do I do? I made it a point it was him & only him to take. Passed up 20/30 doe's, smaller (basket type) bucks but was determined to go home with him.

As it worked out I went home meatless, boy was the wife pee'd off. She warned me NEVER EVER do this again.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarmaker View Post
MrGitrdone41,
Guns and Cubs Sounds good to me too!

Duke,
I guess I hadn't noticed the similarity until I looked a little closer. Todd is the better looking brother!

Todd, (Bro)
That's a lot of meat through your shop! We are at about the 375 lb mark right now, That may be it for the year unless this new jerky recipe is a big hit, then the .50 cal. Hawken muzzle loader may be pressed into action after Christmas for the late season. I saved out some steaks and the back straps and want to try to cook them on the grill. Any good recipes for venison fillets on the grill?
We only shoot what we are going to eat. It had been several years for me and the last one was a nice doe taken from a stand in the same wood lot. (I picked this house because it looked like a good deer crossing.) We have killed several deer in these woods each year for the last 26 years. (so we are part of the contributing factor in the deer herd population decline)
I agree with you Todd, hunting helps put me in touch with our food supply. I have been helping butcher since I was old enough to walk, guess its in the blood.

Vince,
That looks like a great hunting spot. Yes whack them just in the edges of the woods.

We have bigger deer in the area but the luck of the draw dealt me this one and I was pleased.
Regards,
Chris
Try 1 or 2 steaks & marinate overnight in Russian or Catalina salad dressing. Great taste for a change. Never ever overgrill them, a slight pink inside is the only way to go.

Nik,
Old 12-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickb72 View Post
Hello, Yea 6" backstrap,garlic pepper all around and burn both sides, about 10 minutes each. Let set a few minutes and cut in half. Like 2 pieces of filet minyon with a little pink juices running. UMMM good. I like them yearling renewable resorces. Also slice 1/8" thick round steaks for hot buttered steak sandwitchs,mushrooms,onions,baby swiss etc. UMMMM. Mike
Mickb72, the sandwitch sounds good! I'll have to try it.
Something else we like around here is the roast out of the hind quarters. Now I'm not a big roast fan till I tried this. Take one roast and rub it with salt and pepper and put it in the slow cooker with some beef stock, (I like Emeril Lagasse's beef stock) and a table spoon of barbecue sauce, fire it up in the morning on high, then later in the afternoon drop it down to low. Take the meat out and shred it and add some flour to the juices and make it into a gravey, add the meat back in and re-heat. Butter some buns and put in the oven, to warm them, put your meat on, good eats

Original's Face Lift thread.http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34439
(O) Start to Finish video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs
Wheel Around videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUL-m6Bramk
They can't all be turn key!
Old 12-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Grand Member

Guys,
Thanks!
Now two things are making my mouth water! Your recipes, and the fact that in the kitchen there are two dehydrators going full bore with about 7 lb of shooter jerky cooking! Another 2 Lb to go when thats done tomorrow. I need to go out to the sugarhouse and get started packing a couple of 2.5 inch casings with kielbasi tonight About 3 lb each. Those will be ready to cook on Friday or Saturday. YuM! I have to try a back strap on the grill soon too!
We make a very good Maple Mustard and a Maple BBQ sauce that is very good with the Kielbasi, some NY sharp cheese and a Ritz cracker!
Regards,
Chris

Cubs: 147R and the "train", 127 elec lift, 127, 125, 106, 102, 100, 86, 73, Brinly plow, Snow thrower, 2 Rototillers, several mower decks and several snow plows, #1 cart, Grandkids barrel cart.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Grand Member

Great pics guys and gals. I'm going out for the last Saturday here and going to try to fill my last doe tag (I got a doe in our early muzzy season) Sorry no pics of that one but IF I connect you all will be the second to know.
1961-PTE-"O", needs lots of work.
2072-Repowered with a ch18, Woods tractor.
149 with my Dad. 44" deck and QA36A.
#9-70 with weights and sleeve hitch.
#10-149 with a 38inch deck.
2015 Kubota BX 2670.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos View Post
Todd, didn't mean to come across as anti-hunting. I meant it in jest and I'm glad you guys are able to provide for your families.
Duke, it's all good, never thought you came across anyway. Never thought about it twice,
I did this before but I must have lost it some way or another, so I'll do it again. My wife Nancy had another first this year, she got her first deer with a smoke pole. 7 1/2 or 8 1/2 year old doe, (age by tooth wear) 118#
Eric, good luck on the hunt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02256.jpg (36.6 KB, 236 views)

Original's Face Lift thread.http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34439
(O) Start to Finish video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs
Wheel Around videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUL-m6Bramk
They can't all be turn key!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Grand Member

Todd that doe your wife got looks like a toad from the pic.
I got one at a farm up in NW PA a few years back and I went to drag her (already field dressed) and thought she was caught up on something but she was just that big. Congrats to your wife! And thanks for the good luck as so far I have left numerous doe walk so far but Saturday I'm not going to be so nice, LOL.
1961-PTE-"O", needs lots of work.
2072-Repowered with a ch18, Woods tractor.
149 with my Dad. 44" deck and QA36A.
#9-70 with weights and sleeve hitch.
#10-149 with a 38inch deck.
2015 Kubota BX 2670.