Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 06-28-2018, 11:07 AM
Grand Member

WTF ! I hope you're joking 'cuase that ain't very polite. Rebuilding something in a private shop by a skilled tech like Jon is far better than a "factory setting" Do you think a minimum wage factory idiot is going to care about what goes into the 50th transmission pump he's done that day? BS !! While working as a fleet mechanic we purchased a great deal of automatics for small pickups from numerous big name outfits and it was usually a 50/50 crap shoot to get a good one. We switched to a local shop and our failures went to near zero. And that's real world fact, not an opinion.
149, 2072, Original, 1772, 1782, #1 cart, Parker 48" sweeper,
Old 06-28-2018, 11:09 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by green 4 acres View Post
Or very likely it sucked crap you didnt get out of the trans
Another reason to only rebuild AT's at a factory setting ,not your bench a 91? Junk it , your so incompetent ...and boring
Are you serious??? I really am not sure if this is a joke or not.. I have rebuilt plenty of transmissions over the years.. Everything from a c6 Ford "Probably 100 C6's ", Allison, Funk, ZF,, ETC ETC. If you have a clean work space and know how to do this work why does it need to be in a "factory setting"?
Old 06-28-2018, 11:42 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry C View Post
This ought to be good.
1211 Dual Stick
Pap's 100 restoration thread - http://onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47965
Old 06-28-2018, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Or very likely it sucked crap you didnt get out of the trans
Another reason to only rebuild AT's at a factory setting ,not your bench a 91? Junk it , your so incompetent ...and boring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry C View Post
This ought to be good.

Well.... I can see why you would say that Mr. Acres. Must be hard being an auto mechanic and knowing that you don't even know how to rebuild and automatic transmission. I'd explain to you why you can tell from the pictures that something didn't lock up the pump, but I don't have any crayons handy.

I was going to rip you a new one, but I'm sure this is just you trolling because I chew on you all the time for your constant, stupid, off the wall posts about the end of the world, and needing a bomb shelter, or claiming you got shot at while playing golf. I am beginning to wonder if you are losing your mind. Go play elsewhere. You are the boring one. I see all your threads.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:02 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
off the wall posts about the end of the world, and needing a bomb shelter, or claiming you got shot at while playing golf. I am beginning to wonder if you are losing your mind. Go play elsewhere. You are the boring one. I see all your threads.
Does Green 4 Acres even own a Cub Cadet??
Old 06-28-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperino View Post
Does Green 4 Acres even own a Cub Cadet??
Oh brother !Jmech you are the one that turned it into that .
does that post sound familiar , almost word for word on what you said to me, in posts .

I have been a ASE Master tech from 97 t0 11 (let it go as ASE sent us to a dangerous part of town for test ) retired now from tech- ing, 31 years in Autotech
I have rebuilt around 35-50 trans ,most Asian , been thru 10? manufactures training classes ,so well experienced in AT , I was given a chance at a training center job in Chi town , 58 k , but turned it down , who wants to live in horrible Chicago Ill.

you have to admit a trans from a decent factory swap is way better than done by 1 guy on a bench , true some really only need frictions and disks , and Oring seals for another ? 70k maybe the life of the ride , but they charge near as much as the complete bench tested type

I have a 128 CC
Old 06-28-2018, 06:02 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Oh brother !Jmech you are the one that turned it into that .
does that post sound familiar , almost word for word on what you said to me, in posts .

I have been a ASE Master tech from 97 t0 11 (let it go as ASE sent us to a dangerous part of town for test ) retired now from tech- ing, 31 years in Autotech
I have rebuilt around 35-50 trans ,most Asian , been thru 10? manufactures training classes ,so well experienced in AT , I was given a chance at a training center job in Chi town , 58 k , but turned it down , who wants to live in horrible Chicago Ill.

you have to admit a trans from a decent factory swap is way better than done by 1 guy on a bench , true some really only need frictions and disks , and Oring seals for another ? 70k maybe the life of the ride , but they charge near as much as the complete bench tested type

I have a 128 CC
I would never admit to that... If I am building a C6 for a tug.. No brainer, easy peazy. If I want a powerglide built up for something with some horsepower, I bring it to a local guy I know but never jegs or any massed produced crap. My "guy" is one of 2 guys in his shop and he has never failed me yet. Clean shifts at any power range up to 1000 plus horse. Built for what I asked for and not some off the shelf build. His prices are good. More than a jegs price but I want to take it down the track a few times before needing replacement.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:

I have a 128 CC

I'm glad your good at taking tests. That's all ASE proves, you can take a test and read a book. You have rebuilt 35-50 transmissions and you are saying you were offered a job as a trainer? Give me a break. If you are an "ASE Master Tech" then why would you ask this question.... on a Cub Cadet site of all places..... and expect to get help? Makes no sense. Also, if you are so good, how come you never answer any questions on here?

I would never agree that a "factory" built trans is better than a bench built one. Know why? Because I've never rebuilt anything BUT "factory" transmissions! How many "factory" transmissions have you replaced? And when you did build them, weren't you just a guy doing it on a "bench"?? I've never had a trans come back to me from failure. NEVER. I've had instances like this one before.... a defective part, but not an installation or "build" error. Not once it left my shop. I built this 4L80 with several upgraded parts that GM would never put in any of theirs. You know how GM builds a tranny to sell? Go/No go and never upgrades the parts. In other words, if it is within tolerable spec, even if its close.... it goes in. They never use any Sonnax upgrade parts, never put in any component updates, and this 4L80 of mine is proof! Had the "factory" bad aluminum piston on the forward drum. A WELL KNOWN issue of the 4L80 that there has been an upgraded steel one piece piston available to replace it for YEARS. Not a "newly" found problem. I put in a Sonnax Sure Cure kit. Eliminates all the issues of the actually weak "factory" trans. While I'm on the subject, everyone says the Dodge 48RE was a bad tranny and fails all the time. Not after I build one. I've rebuilt loads of those that were on the back of Cummins motors that didn't make it to 100K. After I built them.... no more issues. Why? Because of companies like Sonnax that take the time to figure out where they went wrong mass producing a transmission for as cheap as they can. That's why stock trannies are junk. They are just barely good enough to make it out of warranty.

Yeah. You sound like just another book smart ASE tech who attended all the classes and thinks that the factory trained techs are the only ones smart enough to fix cars. You are so ignorant, it's pathetic.

This thread better not get closed over this......
Go play golf G4A! The issue I have in this thread is over your head, obviously. And I don't need any help resolving it.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:44 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
And I don't need any help resolving it.
Damn... I was gonna offer to turn the crank while you tightened up the TQ nuts.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Jon you need to stop using the 3 LB hammer when your assembling the little parts.
BX2670 with FEL