Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Implements and Attachments

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 07:56 PM

Default Brinly Disc

Here's the new to me brinly disc I picked up the other night. I was happy when I found out it was a sleeve hitch disc...I wasn't actually paying close attention when I picked it up and thought it was a pull behind disc. Can't wait to try it out. Jason

Old 10-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Grand Member

Looks good! So we going to get some action shots in the garden this fall??
Old 10-22-2009, 08:14 PM

Nice Jason,
id like to fix mine up now!!!! got the plow done but the tandem sets behind the chicken coop!!!
How ya doing by the way????
Jason
Is that a 100??? I love Os 70s and 100s now,lol

:biggrin2.gif: Just one more !!
Old 10-22-2009, 08:40 PM

Mike,
I'm not sure if there will be any action shots in the garden this fall. Already ran the tiller through it...but might just play in the dirt a little for fun!!! I'll be plowing up a new garden plot in the spring and will definitely get some shots of it really working then.

Jason,
That is actually my 73. I'd love to find a set of fenders for it. Yeah, I was very happy when I found out that it's a sleeve hitch disc. With the spring assist it ought to be pretty easy to lift and turn around. Did you use your discs in the garden this spring? How'd they work for you? If you used them, do you have any photos of them at work? I'm doing well...hoping some snow will start flying now!!! You can see in the picture that the snow plow was still mounted on my 73 (was pushing around some dirt with it) when I put the disc on. Took a little strenght to lift them both at the same time, but I'm sure if I adjusted the spring assist it wouldn't be too bad.

Jason
Old 10-22-2009, 08:59 PM

No pictures but did use it and was happy, Im still fiddelin with weight on the tractor and weight on the disc?!?!?!?!?!??!
I need more weight on the tractor, I also used the plow,or if you like plough ! ,It was awesome, even dragged it all over the back to shine it up,lol

On the disc I was thinking of makin solid lift straps so I could push the disc into the ground with the Hydraulic lift, probably wil do this spring and try it out

I havent seen many 73s , ect what year??? ill have to check them out, wasnt there a 72 also????
Take care
Jason

Old 10-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Grand Member

Nice disc jfinney
Old 10-22-2009, 09:34 PM

Jay, the disc looks good on the 73.

"Chug a lug a luggin' 5 miles an hour on my International Harvester"

"Don't forget that ignition key !!"
Old 10-22-2009, 09:44 PM

Thanks for the nice comments guys.
Jason, did you need more weight on the tractor because you were losing traction pulling the discs? I'd imagine the tandem is way heavier than mine. I'll have to experiment and see how much weight to add to really make it work nice. Solid straps are an interesting idea. My model 73 is a 1969. Yes, there was a 72 also. I had one of those and sold it for parts. It's really amazing what a little 7hp engine can do. I've run the tiller, snowthrower, plowed, and cut grass with it. Here's some pictures of the 73.
My grandpop plowing, dad tilling, and me with the snowthrower. Jason

Old 10-22-2009, 09:59 PM

Yes loosin traction,especially when turning,Id like to add more weight to both the tractor and disc,Im not sure how deep the disc should go but id like it to go a bit deeper than just 2 or 3 inches.
I did add a bunch of chipped up tree branches and leaves 2 seasons ago and tilled that in, some of the bigger peices are slow goin on the decomposing, I think they have a little to do with the disc wanting to come out of ground
I was planing on headin over to the local dairy farm with the neighbours IH dump truck and pickin up 3 or 4 loads of doo doo 1 for the garden and and the others to start a massive mulch pile or two!!
Love the pictures they are great!!!

Old 10-22-2009, 10:05 PM

Jason,
Yeah, I'm hoping mine's gonna cut in a little deeper than 2-3 inches. Had you plowed first and then run the disc over it, or did you just hit the ground with the disc. I'm going to plow first and see what the disc will do after that. The cow manure's a great idea. In the picture with my grandpop plowing the ground was totally covered with manure. I plowed it in, then went over it with the tiller. When I move my garden next year (ground is finally getting nice, but my wife has other plans for the area) I'm going to get another load of manure in my trailer. Jason