Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Implements and Attachments

Notices

Old 07-02-2009, 03:49 PM

Default Plow Questions

Well felt a lil better today so we put the plow i got last year on the 102 With duals just to see how it worked . problem i have is cant get it to go down in the dirt more than 3 to 4 inches , uness the kid stands on it .then it will go deeper

Wanted It
Had A Fit
Got It

MY Cubs Original x 2 , 70 x 7 , 71 x 2 , 72 x 4 , 73 , 76 , 100 x 3 , 104 , 106 , 109 , 128 , 129, 147 x 2 , 804 , 2 Wheel Horses and Lorenzo's 2 - 804's
Old 07-02-2009, 04:01 PM

It looks like you have some very limited adjustments. I would try and fabricate a way of getting a turnbuckle like on a Brinly plow to adjust the angle of the plowshare. plus with no coulter, it prob won't cut in as well.

I'm am no where an expert but just my 2 cents....
The BEST cure for Yellow fever!
Old 07-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Grand Member

How wide is your plow?
This is the correct way to measure it:

The depth the plow goes is 1/2 the width of the moldboard.
8 inch wide plow is design to go 4-5 inches deep
10 inch wide plow is design to go 5-6 inches deep
12 inch wide plow is design to go 6-7 inches deep

You need to remove the right rear dual to get you tractor to plow right. It should look something like this one:

The outer cutting edge of the plow share should be even with furrow wall as shown in this drawing:

Not the best drawing.....

There is some ajustment for the point. When the point and the landslide should be against the furrow wall and and against the bottom of the furrow. Here is an example:

I would strongly suggest you invest in a coulter for your plow. It saves wear and tear on your moldboard and the plow will pull easier. I won't plow without a coulter.

The soil where I live gets dry and hard to plow this time of the year. That could be part of the problem. It looks like you use part tiller bracket to make you plow.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:27 AM

Another thing I see wrong with the plow is it is not set at the proper angle.

If you look at how a Brinly moldboard plow hooks to a sleeve hitch you will notice there is a built in angle to the plow beam.

This angle set the plow level to the ground when the right tractor wheel is in the furrow.

Without this angle I would find it hard to get the plow to work properly.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:10 PM

You probably just need to adjust the tip of the plow down. If you do it too much though, the plow willsink to China and bog down the tractor. I've seen info about it online.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:32 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merk View Post
How wide is your plow?
This is the correct way to measure it:

The depth the plow goes is 1/2 the width of the moldboard.
8 inch wide plow is design to go 4-5 inches deep
10 inch wide plow is design to go 5-6 inches deep
12 inch wide plow is design to go 6-7 inches deep

You need to remove the right rear dual to get you tractor to plow right. It should look something like this one:

The outer cutting edge of the plow share should be even with furrow wall as shown in this drawing:

Not the best drawing.....

There is some ajustment for the point. When the point and the landslide should be against the furrow wall and and against the bottom of the furrow. Here is an example:

I would strongly suggest you invest in a coulter for your plow. It saves wear and tear on your moldboard and the plow will pull easier. I won't plow without a coulter.

The soil where I live gets dry and hard to plow this time of the year. That could be part of the problem. It looks like you use part tiller bracket to make you plow.
You should write a manual!! :O), between you and a hand full of the other guys showing point to point drawings, diagrams, pictures....you would almost think you were teachers in another lifetime! Not this life time, they are lazier than a cut dog now a days!!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
by Mountain Heritage
You should write a manual!! :O), between you and a hand full of the other guys showing point to point drawings, diagrams, pictures....you would almost think you were teachers in another lifetime! Not this life time, they are lazier than a cut dog now a days!!
I've been plowing with a Cub Cadet since I was 10.
I'm 51......You learn a few things over the years.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merk View Post
I've been plowing with a Cub Cadet since I was 10.
I'm 51......You learn a few things over the years.
Yes, I would say you would, if you didn't learn anything by now.....ummmm....never mind.

:O)