Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 07-20-2018, 05:57 PM

Coop...thanks. He sure has a bunch of them. In that one picture alone it looks like around 10 - all stacked up on top of each other in piles! Most look a bit rough but I did email him to get more info. It was also suggested to me that I might be ok just rebuilding mine with new spindles. Won't know what shape the entire top surface is in until I take everything apart. I've only ever had the blades off but never anything beyond that.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleO7 View Post
go onto the Scranton CL site and do a "Cub Cadet" search.
You just might find an entire ready to mow outfit you like.
I did, and there were three or four that looked pretty good.
So good decks too.
I'll check it out. I usually start with the Reading site since that's the closest to me, but often the search extends out from there anyway. Thanks...
Old 07-20-2018, 07:02 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretschwhtfalcon View Post
I'll check it out. I usually start with the Reading site since that's the closest to me, but often the search extends out from there anyway. Thanks...
Did you see this 129?
It has been listed a month, updated 10 days ago.
You would have an operational 129 and a complete parts donor too.
https://reading.craigslist.org/grd/d...613121362.html

Or how about a782D?????? You can run with the big boy wannabees!
https://lancaster.craigslist.org/grd...648846272.html
Old 07-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Mr Gretsch:

YOU can find out what any attachment(s) that went to a given tractor model, by simply going to the Top of the Page and selecting the "Cub Cadet Parts and Service Lookup" tab and click on it.

Once re-directed, type in your model and hit enter (ie: 129). When the options sections Pop Up, click on "Attachments". WhaLa.....it tells you all the available attachments for that model.

By the way, for the 129, there were Three Decks available
* Model 38
* Model 44
* Model 50

With the right adapting package, one could retrofit the older 38, 42, and 48 mower decks. And, one could retrofit the newer 38A, 44A, & 50A, and the 38C, 44C, and 50C decks too.

CC Models: 100, 105, 1450, 782, (2) 784, & 2072

Buy: Made in the USA
Old 07-20-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleO7 View Post
Did you see this 129?
It has been listed a month, updated 10 days ago.
You would have an operational 129 and a complete parts donor too.
https://reading.craigslist.org/grd/d...613121362.html

Or how about a782D?????? You can run with the big boy wannabees!
https://lancaster.craigslist.org/grd...648846272.html
Thanks Double07. Much appreciated, but at this point I'm considering buying another used Cub as being the least desirable option...too many variables as to how it was taken care of, what sort of condition the engine is in, etc. Only advantage would be that I'd have a tractor that I know runs, but buying another used tractor (especially a really old one like mine) just doesn't seem to be the best long-term solution. Biggest issue is that I have no means of personally picking up something as large as a tractor.

With adequate storage space (not certain of that yet), I've been considering the option of buying a new tractor and also putting one of Jon's engines in the Cub. Can't hurt to have a back-up tractor in the event that one of them is temporarily out of commission or in the shop - especially during a critical time (like now...in the middle of the mowing season!) Additionally, the one area I mow (not part of my property...L O N G story) is fairly rough terrain, and so perhaps the Cub could be the workhorse that would continue to handle that job but if I were to go that route certainly a rebuilt (or another used deck in good shape) and new front wheels would be high on the list before I'd use the Cub much further. Getting tired of always glancing over at that left front wheel while mowing and wondering when it's going to just about fall off again once another set of bearings bites the dust. I must be the only guy around that makes it a point of keeping about 4 sets of bearings on hand at all times. (Then again, the 2-tractor option may well be born mostly out of the sentimentality associated with the 129 and reluctance to see it go) One of these years I believe I do need to break this perpetual spell I appear to be under of resisting getting rid of old equipment - like my car, for instance, that's on its 3rd engine. Just the other day, I put new belts in a 47-year old washing machine that was making noises every time the spin cycle engaged. A definite pattern here. It may well stem from only being one generation removed from that (my parents) which lived through the depression. My dad's unspoken motto was that you never got rid of anything..."cause you never know when you might need it". As easy as that philosophy is to poke fun at, there have been times when I wanted something and then realized I trashed it 3 months ago. Oh, and I'm still hanging on to my '95 iMac too...so you get the idea. At 62 years old, however, one really should be in the divesting as opposed to accumulation phase of life. The idea of downsizing has more and more appeal. So...2 tractors? Not sure it's the logical thing to do, but as was quoted in the 4th Star Trek movie, "who ever said the human race was logical"?

On a lighter note, talked to one of the old farmers who lives near me - he was out with his big International tractor (59 years old!) today and had his belt-driven sickle bar hooked up cutting weeds (same property I referred to earlier). We got talking so I asked him his thoughts on my 129. He said if it were him he'd put the rebuilt engine in it rather than buy new.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:36 PM

Old 07-20-2018, 09:42 PM
Grand Member

Seems like I'm watching groundhog day, after day,after day.
oooh my head hurts.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:47 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'George View Post
Seems like I'm watching groundhog day, after day,after day.
oooh my head hurts.
I agree! This thread needs to conclude...ASAP!

Queen Of The Quietlines!
Old 07-20-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Bedell View Post
Mr Gretsch:

YOU can find out what any attachment(s) that went to a given tractor model, by simply going to the Top of the Page and selecting the "Cub Cadet Parts and Service Lookup" tab and click on it.

Once re-directed, type in your model and hit enter (ie: 129). When the options sections Pop Up, click on "Attachments". WhaLa.....it tells you all the available attachments for that model.

By the way, for the 129, there were Three Decks available
* Model 38
* Model 44
* Model 50

With the right adapting package, one could retrofit the older 38, 42, and 48 mower decks. And, one could retrofit the newer 38A, 44A, & 50A, and the 38C, 44C, and 50C decks too.
Thanks Roland...I have been checking out that source ever since you suggested it in a previous post. As to the highlighted...you do mean "voila", right? Funny how the actual word, which starts with a 'v', has been sort of mutated into, as you and others often say, 'wha-la'. Sorry...just being a pain in the butt; however, I'll bet my French teacher from High School would have been proud.

Seriously, though, thanks for further clarification on the decks!
Old 07-20-2018, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaCub View Post
I agree! This thread needs to conclude...ASAP!
What, you guys don't enjoy my interesting stories? We're only at post 20...the night is young.