Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Implements and Attachments

Notices

Old 01-31-2010, 01:01 AM

As far as I know the hydro lift (on x82) doese not allow a true float position. A true float would allow the lift to travel through the full range of the the lift mechanism. I could be wrong on this,but if they have a float position, then why do they have a slot in the lift bracket?

Please explain if I am not understanding something here.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:04 AM

It DOES have a float, as Bill mentioned in his post. The slot actually isn't really used...both 82 series blades I've had use another piece that bolts onto the bracket and converts that slot into a round hole. You could use it to get a bit more float out of the blade to pile stuff higher if that's what you need to do.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:23 AM

Dont get me wrong I am not trying to argue.But in this diagram, if either part 1 or part 3 is pinned to part 2 ,how can there be a float action? All I see is a slot that is in part 5, but that would not allow it to float,that is just built in slop in my opinion.
Attached Images
File Type: gif diagram.gif (8.8 KB, 213 views)
Old 01-31-2010, 12:40 PM

1 is pinned to 2. 3 rotates freely on 2 unless the float lockout bolt is installed to connect 1 to 2. Details on the float lockout should be in your service manual if not your owner's manual. That slotted thing isn't drawn properly and has nothing do do with the float, it's just how the cylinder is connect to the rockshaft. So once again, the 82 series rockshaft has float in it, as do all of the other hydraulic lift CC rockshafts. I'm guessing you've never had the rockshaft out of your tractor or studied it closely before. Start your tractor and run the lift all the way down, and notice how you can rotate the rockshaft through its full range of motion.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:19 PM

I guese I need to look at it the real thing closer. thanks for the explanation. would anyone happen to have a better picture of this?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:57 PM

I found out that the Snow thrower and Snow Blade lift rod is the same. Or at least close enough. I had a lift rod from a QA36, and when i got my blade I tried it out and it works. I do have a good bow in the lift rod, which I thought was a design intent until I tried pushing a good bank of snow and I could see the rod bending. I am missing the little float button on my 107, so for now when i get into a snow bank I keep the lift button depressed.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Grand Member

Exclamation

Excellent pictures with descriptions Bill !

Just wondering, the last picture is the same pretty much as my 982. I was looking at the picture and the white bar behind the lift cylinder.....is that running to a sleeve hitch on the back? If so, how is it attached - just a longer pin in the end of the lift cylinder? I have to complete my sleeve hitch on mine when it gets warmer and I was fortunate to get the flat bar to run to the back of the tractor from the PO. I haven't farted around with it yet so I am not sure if I am asking this question for nothing? He said the hole is drilled in the wrong spot on the bar he made, its out by about the width of the hole or so to be perfect so I know I will have a little bit of work to do on it. I just am unsure how it attaches to the cylinder properly? I have pretty much figured out that I can only run either the deck or the sleeve hitch at once and the other will need to be removed when not in use....
Old 02-02-2010, 09:59 PM

This may be a dumb question to some but why would you need it in the locked position? Would it be for pushing dirt and keeping it level, or right where you want it?
What does the float lock out clip look like?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:01 PM

Yes, the lift bar attaches there. You'd simply remove the clevis pin that's visible in his picture and replace it with a longer one; it goes through the lift bar and then into the rockshaft.

edit:

Cub149-

If you are trying to scrape up dirt or gravel, you'd want it locked so it doesn't just jump over the stuff you're trying to scrape up.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:20 PM

Thank you for the pics. I actually had a little time away from my 15 month old girl last night,so I went and had a good look. Mine has the (lock out) bolt in it. Must have been in there from the PO. I now have allot better understanding of how it works. I was just going from the diagrams before.

Sorry for the arguement,I should have known better,and looked for myself.(insert foot to rearend).

I am sure the lift rod will work allot better now with the lock bolt removed.