Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Home Made

Notices

Old 08-27-2015, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlmikeyl View Post
Seen a picture of a little "forklift" a gentleman built with casters on it a while ago. Used a normal trailer jack to lift the forks vertically and it kinda looks like the newer lawn tractor lifts you see at Home Depot, Lowes or Sears. It won't lift terribly high and more than likely be purpose built though it'd be convenient and handy.
Thanks! Could be used a couple of ways in place of the trailer dolly, would give a finer lift control which would stay in place for installing. I searched and found some ideas based on "sled lifts" which could be used for other lifting of items. Install some 10" HF wheels and you can move it around.

A scissor jack would also work for lifting but liking the tongue jack idea!

Simple is the name of the game so thinking back to temp wheels mounted on vac frame just barely touching the ground when installed, tongue jack with swivel wheels mounted on the engine side, crank and lift to pivot on frame mounted wheels and away you go. Total angular lift would probably be a couple of inches to clear a 1" lip over a 11" length, think a tongue jack would have enough lift for that.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:24 AM
Grand Member

That looks great brucepts. Used to have one on a Case 444, very rugged. Where did you pick up the hose? I'm assuming it's what I need as well, 6" diameter ID correct?
(2) Original, 100, 102, 124, 73, 800, #1 and #2 cart, brinly plows, disk, IH184, IH244, 1948 F Cub
Old 08-28-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvy View Post
That looks great brucepts. Used to have one on a Case 444, very rugged. Where did you pick up the hose? I'm assuming it's what I need as well, 6" diameter ID correct?
Thanks!

Yes, 6" My local hardware/farm store carries it in 3 price ranges, rubber, pvc and poly. Price ran from $8 to 15 per foot. I purchased the pvc and it was $9.53 per foot. McMaster Carr carries it by the foot also, didn't check their pricing though as I knew I could get it locally. I only needed 32" so it's not going to break the bank if I have to change it out every 2-3 years. I only have 3/4 acre with some mature silver maples so it's going to see limited use in the Fall time. I have a Case Hi-Sweep sweeper for picking up grass clippings if needed. I use Gator blades so I've not needed to use the sweeper yet but did play with the Tracvac while mowing this week
Old 09-15-2015, 09:30 AM

You may find more use for the TracVac than just leaves. It will pick up small sticks, tree nuts and most anything the mower will pick up. I collect the grass/leaves and make compost piles. It is used in spring clean up also. A very useful yard maintenance tool. My original (rubber?) hose from 20+ years ago is still usable. Very occasionally a stick may get sideways in the hose or the mower discharge chute will get clogged with tall grass.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
You may find more use for the TracVac than just leaves. It will pick up small sticks, tree nuts and most anything the mower will pick up. I collect the grass/leaves and make compost piles. It is used in spring clean up also. A very useful yard maintenance tool. My original (rubber?) hose from 20+ years ago is still usable. Very occasionally a stick may get sideways in the hose or the mower discharge chute will get clogged with tall grass.
Thanks! Kinda figured it would be used more than just for leaves after I got it up and working. I used it to mow my grass the other week and it worked really really nice!

I emailed Tracvac the other week inquiring about the chute to deck quick-attachment piece letting them know the tractor and deck I had and maybe a day later got an email from the local shop stating he could get me the part, had a number and price. Was less than $20 so I ordered it and maybe a week later it showed up and it was the correct part I needed! The dealer himself found it interesting that I could still get that part for a vac and tractor deck that is so old!