Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 03-23-2019, 05:34 PM
Grand Member

Thanks for not taking me too seriously, and the fun from the forum. But, nice 125. Thanks for the pictures!!
IH CUB CADET 1450, 72, 86, 1211, IH #2 CART, IH 56" SNOW BLADE, COLLECTING CUB CADET ENGINES
Old 03-23-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncub7172 View Post
Thanks for not taking me too seriously, and the fun from the forum. But, nice 125. Thanks for the pictures!!
That's what the forum is for ,fun and info can't get to serious about anything or it takes the fun out of it ! How you been ? You helped me out last year with those hydro slippers for the 129, they worked out great, that tractor went down the road about a mile and the guy drove it there and been using ever since ! That 125 will live on when its done it is in nice shape cept for the seat and crankshaft ! but it was a Lew price so all is good !
Old 03-23-2019, 08:27 PM
Grand Member

I would just leave it as is, tell the next buyer what it needs and move it down the road being you got it for 50.00
Old 03-23-2019, 09:12 PM

Default !

Well not that good of a Lew price ! This is Pa, not Jersey !my brothers in Pennsville NJ should have him scout around for me !
Old 03-25-2019, 12:02 AM
Grand Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by athomas View Post
That's what the forum is for ,fun and info can't get to serious about anything or it takes the fun out of it ! How you been ? You helped me out last year with those hydro slippers for the 129, they worked out great, that tractor went down the road about a mile and the guy drove it there and been using ever since ! That 125 will live on when its done it is in nice shape cept for the seat and crankshaft ! but it was a Lew price so all is good !
I been doing pretty good! Can’t complain! I been running my 1211 and just love it! The engine produces an excessive amount of smoke, funny thing is that the oil does not burn, just gets black. Has a good deep sound to the engine when throttled up, and no sputters or lack of power. I pulled it out of the scrap yard for a 100, and only got a oil change and a filter in it. I never seen a more perfect trans than this one! This 1211 really has something to say when I let it fly down the road, it’s a fast one! Great worker!
IH CUB CADET 1450, 72, 86, 1211, IH #2 CART, IH 56" SNOW BLADE, COLLECTING CUB CADET ENGINES
Old 03-25-2019, 09:21 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by athomas View Post
I've Macgyvered some things myself to get by , but this crank would need welded up and remachined to be right,easier and less costly to replace !This tractor was purchased to flip so I need to make it right before selling ! don't want someone to else to inherit this mess !
Let me throw some experience out here.
Story:
last fall I was wandering through my favorite scrap yard, and spotted a
complete 8 hp Briggs flathead with starter (70's vintage) in what looked to be good shape.
So for $8.50, it was mine.
It originally powered a portable Generac generator, and the scrapper cut the gen armature off the end of the engine crankshaft with a torch instead of taking it off the taper on the crank.
Turned out the engine started and ran fine.
so I pulled the crank, to true up the end and cut it to .750 and add a keyway so it could be used for another purpose.
I was Leary that the crank was going to be hard where it was heated by the torch,----- it was!
So hard, that it could not be cut with a carbide tipped tool.
Just what I figured, so I found a inexpensive crank on e-pay and used it.
So welding on a crank is not always a good idea, as I have seen before.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'George View Post
Let me throw some experience out here.
Story:
last fall I was wandering through my favorite scrap yard, and spotted a
complete 8 hp Briggs flathead with starter (70's vintage) in what looked to be good shape.
So for $8.50, it was mine.
It originally powered a portable Generac generator, and the scrapper cut the gen armature off the end of the engine crankshaft with a torch instead of taking it off the taper on the crank.
Turned out the engine started and ran fine.
so I pulled the crank, to true up the end and cut it to .750 and add a keyway so it could be used for another purpose.
I was Leary that the crank was going to be hard where it was heated by the torch,----- it was!
So hard, that it could not be cut with a carbide tipped tool.
Just what I figured, so I found a inexpensive crank on e-pay and used it.
So welding on a crank is not always a good idea, as I have seen before.
Couldn't agree more ! heating and welding can make things hard as woodpecker lips ! one of our kind members here fixed me up with a crankshaft and basket pulley !