Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 07-17-2018, 08:14 AM

Default 1962 Original in need of parts. Anyone have sources?

Hey all, Looking for the following parts. I know some seem hard to find right now, but in general, I'm looking for some good sources for parts.

I know that I need/want the following so far:

Oil Bath (Complete).. mine has a small intake from some other tractor on it.

Headlights... I'd like to put 2 original headlights on it, if they aren't $$$$

Front emblem... I have the hood ornament, just not the IH emblem.

battery hold down... box is still there but screws and hold down are missing.

I think that's it for now... Still looking things over. Also thought about a creeper drive... anyone ever add one to their "O"?

Thanks Guys!
Old 07-17-2018, 08:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykhjr View Post
Hey all, Looking for the following parts. I know some seem hard to find right now, but in general, I'm looking for some good sources for parts.
Most parts aren't hard to find..... but some are. Just ask when you need help, but most of the items below.... yeah. Those are hard to find. There are sponsors up above just below our header pic. Some of them carry the stuff you are looking for. Some of our members may also have them, try putting up a wanted ad the proper section of the forum. I will also ad that ihccw.com has lots of items, some hard to find. The more hard the part is to find, the more it costs. Check ebay, craigslist and even try putting the part number into the Google machine. You'd be surprised what will come up.

Quote:
Oil Bath (Complete).. mine has a small intake from some other tractor on it.
Should be fairly easy to find. Probably $75.

Quote:
Headlights... I'd like to put 2 original headlights on it, if they aren't $$$$
These will be very $$$$. Likely $200

Quote:
Front emblem... I have the hood ornament, just not the IH emblem.
Find out the size, and you can get these either direct from IH or from tractorpartsasap.com, or steinertractor.com.

Quote:
battery hold down... box is still there but screws and hold down are missing.
Unless you want the actual original style battery hold down, which are going to be tough to find.... you can make one of these pretty easy.

Quote:
I think that's it for now... Still looking things over. Also thought about a creeper drive... anyone ever add one to their "O"?
Creepers are usually on ebay. Yes, people have added them. That's all this site is, is guys who collect these machines. You basically can't ask a question that hasn't already been done. (Unless you are asking about custom work. Some people ask stupid crazy questions about custom stuff.)

On a quick note, I've seen your other thread, and the pics of your tractor. You are a long, long, long ..... way from needing any of that stuff.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:58 AM

Thanks J-Mech! That helps, I think ill pass on headlights but I want to track down the other stuff for sure.

Also, Has anyone (that you know of) posted a "how-to" to add a rear PTO? I found a Brinley hitch and a rear blade for 65 bucks a couple hours from me. The guy claims it came off of an "O" but I am not sure. Waiting on Pics.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
TAlso, Has anyone (that you know of) posted a "how-to" to add a rear PTO? I found a Brinley hitch and a rear blade for 65 bucks a couple hours from me. The guy claims it came off of an "O" but I am not sure. Waiting on Pics.
How to add a rear PTO is in the manual. Good luck finding one. The rear PTO for an O is specific to the O, and will probably set you back in the neighborhood of $500.

If the guy with the Brinly hitch and rear blade has the correct one, you better go get it. The Brinly adapter alone usually fetches about $100. I'm going to say the rear blade is not an IH. If it is, I will knock you out fighting over that for $65. You would be stupid not to have gotten it yet.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:17 AM
Banned

Let me be more specific on the rear PTO:
It requires complete transmission disassembly to install. The top shaft in the trans does not have the provision for the rear PTO and has to be changed to a top shaft for a PTO. The top shaft for the trans is what is specific to the Original. The rest of the PTO is the same for all the Cub Cadets. The rear PTO for the F-Cub is also the same from the top shaft back. (On all tractors.) So, it's the top shaft that will be hard to find.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:18 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
How to add a rear PTO is in the manual. Good luck finding one. The rear PTO for an O is specific to the O, and will probably set you back in the neighborhood of $500.

If the guy with the Brinly hitch and rear blade has the correct one, you better go get it. The Brinly adapter alone usually fetches about $100. I'm going to say the rear blade is not an IH. If it is, I will knock you out fighting over that for $65. You would be stupid not to have gotten it yet.
Is the O rear PTO the same as a Farmall Cub?

O,100,72,102,123,104,124,105
(2)2182s w/60in Habans
Old 07-17-2018, 09:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry C View Post
Is the O rear PTO the same as a Farmall Cub?
We posted at the same time Terry... see my post above yours.

I think a good machinist could make the top shaft for an Original out of one for a Lo-boy 154, 185.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:44 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
We posted at the same time Terry... see my post above yours.

I think a good machinist could make the top shaft for an Original out of one for a Lo-boy 154, 185.
Sorry I got distracted after hitting the quote button.

O,100,72,102,123,104,124,105
(2)2182s w/60in Habans
Old 07-17-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Let me be more specific on the rear PTO:
It requires complete transmission disassembly to install. The top shaft in the trans does not have the provision for the rear PTO and has to be changed to a top shaft for a PTO. The top shaft for the trans is what is specific to the Original. The rest of the PTO is the same for all the Cub Cadets. The rear PTO for the F-Cub is also the same from the top shaft back. (On all tractors.) So, it's the top shaft that will be hard to find.
I'll let you know when I get a picture from him. Its a younger kid, just cleaning out the barn from what it sounds like.

Sounds like the PTO is too much $, time, and effort for what I'd use it for.

If it is original, and you want it, I'd be more than happy to pick it up and arrange shipping for you. (I have a dock for freight trucks at work)
Old 07-17-2018, 11:05 AM
Banned

Yeah, get some pics and let me know if you don't want it.

Where are you in Pa?

I'll send you a PM.