Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 02-21-2023, 04:48 PM

Sarge you and Mr Funk and Mr Wagnall (haha) are providing me with heaps of great info however to be a World Champion 99.9% of teams represent their country
Kansas City play in a domestic competition not like The USA team that won those competitions you mentioned
2007 1st Place USA, 2nd Place Japan, 3rd Place Germany, 4th Place Sweden

2011 1st Place USA, 2nd Place Canada, 3rd Place Japan 4th Place Mexico

2015 1st Place USA, 2nd Place Japan, 3rd Place Mexico, 4th Place France

So I think World Club Champions would be a more appropriate claim and title

The winner of our domestic Rugby League competition just played St Helens (UK) who won and they are now World Club Champions

Is there any talk of bringing back the World competition ?

Oz
Old 02-21-2023, 05:27 PM
Grand Member

There is a Miss Universe contest and the woman that wins is crowned "Miss Universe".
As far as I know, she and all the other contestants are from "this world".
So how can any of them be crowned Miss Universe??
Old 02-21-2023, 06:59 PM

Without being patronizing , good question pleasure to have your input Ironman
Miss Universe is a business name , like being Mr Universe in body-building again a business name and also the contestants represent countries
They firstly have to win domestic competitions then go on to win the National

One other please explain is the way some commentators/reporters carried on about Rihanna was she the first pregnant women to attend or entertain at the game ????
I only saw the news report about the game/result and half-time entertainment and was totally amazed at the drivel that came out of the supposed reporters mouths
Anyway go Kansas City even though 2 Australian played for Philadelphia
Oz
Old 02-21-2023, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozcubowner View Post
Sarge you and Mr Funk and Mr Wagnall (haha) are providing me with heaps of great info however to be a World Champion 99.9% of teams represent their country
Kansas City play in a domestic competition not like The USA team that won those competitions you mentioned
2007 1st Place USA, 2nd Place Japan, 3rd Place Germany, 4th Place Sweden

2011 1st Place USA, 2nd Place Canada, 3rd Place Japan 4th Place Mexico

2015 1st Place USA, 2nd Place Japan, 3rd Place Mexico, 4th Place France

So I think World Club Champions would be a more appropriate claim and title

The winner of our domestic Rugby League competition just played St Helens (UK) who won and they are now World Club Champions

Is there any talk of bringing back the World competition ?

Oz
2023 this year is when the Next semi Pro IFAF tournament or competition is But they are semi Pro Not Professional.

Before WWII nobody else Played American Football But America That where the title actually came from and If there are No Other Professional Teams for the US to Play against guess what the winner of the Super Bowl are the world Champions for Professional football Now Maybe if Japan, Germany and Australia and Many others Had Professional American football teams but they don't so until they do The US super Bowl winner are world Champions of Professional American Football

No Body is stopping other counties from starting a Professional American Football team
Old 02-21-2023, 07:47 PM

Well lets hope that tournament gets off the ground
The only problem with the Professional team is the tyranny of distance in an Australian team coming over there
Maybe we could have an International rules like our AFL who play against Ireland (Gaelic Football) but under International rules
The American football blokes could either play our Rugby Union or Rugby League teams (no forward passes)
Oz
Old 02-21-2023, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Well lets hope that tournament gets off the ground
The only problem with the Professional team is the tyranny of distance in an Australian team coming over there
Maybe we could have an International rules like our AFL who play against Ireland (Gaelic Football) but under International rules
The American football blokes could either play our Rugby Union or Rugby League teams (no forward passes)
Oz
I thought we were talking about American football! IFAF follows the same Rules as Pro football

Now You want Professional American football Players to Play Rugby Kind of Moving the goal Post isn't it. You're so upset because some Reporter Calls Kansas City world Champions It Just a silly sports Game who cares what they're called next year it will probably be someone else called that

The men I served with in the Army and Led In War are the only people I would ever call Champions, They earned it
Old 02-22-2023, 12:11 AM

Sorry , no not play Rugby but an International rules game cobbling the best out of both games
Not upset , just curious as to the sign on the bus touting World Champions
As to men and women who served you have no dispute from me
Thank you for your input , you have enlightened me a little into American football but as you said it is a pads and helmets game
Oz
Old 02-22-2023, 10:13 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman View Post
There is a Miss Universe contest and the woman that wins is crowned "Miss Universe".
As far as I know, she and all the other contestants are from "this world".
So how can any of them be crowned Miss Universe??
Quote:
Without being patronizing , good question pleasure to have your input Ironman
Miss Universe is a business name , like being Mr Universe in body-building again a business name and also the contestants represent countries
They firstly have to win domestic competitions then go on to win the National
So you would agree that the winner of the "Mr" or "Miss" Universe contests could legitimately claim to be "World Champions" because they competed in an event that was specific to their business world?
And, using your logic of a "business", are not the "NFL" and the "Super Bowl" business ventures?
Therefore, in the world of business, you would have to conclude that the top team in the NFL and the Super Bowl winner would be the champions of "THAT" world, correct?
So any claim to an area of a championship is specific to that area, or to say it another way, specific to that "world".
Old 02-22-2023, 04:58 PM

Yes in the case of Mr or Miss Universe as they have competed against a number of countries representatives
No in the case of NFL/Super bowl as it is a domestic competition
Also one is a business name but both are businesses slight difference
We have a Football competition here in Australia called AFL or Aussie Rules the winner of that game are the Champions they do not claim to be World Champions even though it is played in the USA , UK and a few other countries
To be a Champion of the World you have to beat the World not just win a local competition
I think we need Perry Masons at 10 paces (hahaha)
Or an impartial Judge like a Cub forum member from the UK
Oz
Old 02-22-2023, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Yes in the case of Mr or Miss Universe as they have competed against a number of countries representatives
No in the case of NFL/Super bowl as it is a domestic competition
Also one is a business name but both are businesses slight difference
We have a Football competition here in Australia called AFL or Aussie Rules the winner of that game are the Champions they do not claim to be World Champions even though it is played in the USA , UK and a few other countries
To be a Champion of the World you have to beat the World not just win a local competition
I think we need Perry Masons at 10 paces (hahaha)
Or an impartial Judge like a Cub forum member from the UK
Oz
There are different Levels to compete at Like US Baseball

There are Minor League Teams and Major League teams they do not compete against each Other In normal League Play

well Semi Pro football(IFAF) is Like the Minor Leagues In baseball

Professional Is Like the Major League In baseball

Like Playing in armature Game league(those people are Playing for something to do or Fun they have Normal 9 to 5 Jobs) and the other team Brings in people that Play the Game for a Living and the win that Game It's consider an Unfair advantage.

The IFAF will not allow U.S. professional Football Players to Play In the League based On there skill set at playing the Game of American Football

So U.S. Professional Football Players can only Play against other Professional Football teams Well Nobody else In the world Has them right now. So for that Level of Play the team that wins the super Bowl Can be considered World Champions as no one else in the world Has Professional level Football Players to play against them.

The CFL In Canada are consider Professional at what they Play But there field is 10 yards Longer so when a CFL team wins the Grey Cup they can be World champions at what they Play as Nobody else is Playing there Type of Foot Ball with a 110 Yard field. at One Time the CFL did have some U.S. teams IN 3 U.S. states

So Until Other countries Have Professional Football teams that Play and have the same skill set & rules as the U.S. professional Football teams Your going to Have Super Bowl winners being call world Champions at Professional Level Football even if the don't Play other countries Because there is Nobody else to Play against!!! as I said earlier It just a Game That really doesn't mean much