Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Welcome to OCC > Welcome to OnlyCubCadets

Notices

Old 08-04-2009, 11:40 AM

Default Howdy from NE Oklahoma

Howdy, I'm Dave and I live in NE OK. I'm originally from PA. I took an early retirement because of some health issues. I've been here for over 4 years. I never owned a lawn/garden tractor before I came here.
I do like the old tractors, because they have strength and longevity over the new ones. I have a IH Cub 127 that I bought almost 2 years ago. I'm finally getting around to putting it in working order. I gave it a tune up. The hood was broken, so I had it welded. Today I'm ordering a new PTO. It still needs front tires and possibly some front end work. I think I'll have it all fixed up at the end of mowing season! Ha Ha!
But, I can still use it in the fall, and it will be ready to work for me in the spring.
Old IH Cubs are rare here. When you do see one, it's typically been sitting in the weeds and neglected for many years. I traveled over 200 miles one way to get mine.
I think my wife's uncle had to travel 2 states away to get his IH Cub 149.
I'm currently helping him do some refurbishing on it.
I think the internet is a great tool to find information about this kind of stuff.
When I was a kid, a man could find out how to fix most anything by asking his neighbors for advise. It seems those days are gone. So, I'm thankful that I can still find technical data on the internet.
And, before I'm done I'll probably have more $ in my IH Cub than I could ever sell it for. But, I'm sure that it will drag one of those walmart tractors all over the parking lot sideways!
Old 08-04-2009, 12:21 PM

TitaniumWELCOME
Im with you,there arnt many that are willing to take the time to teach others in the world anymore...its just go,go,go!!!!
Im lucky my neighbor is a wealth of info and is willing and PATIENT enough to show you how!!!
We are lucky to have the internet and the great people of these sites!!

Take care and good luck
Jason

:biggrin2.gif: Just one more !!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Grand Member

Dave! Glad to have you here!
Old 08-04-2009, 03:39 PM

Where in NE Okla are you? I'm in Claremore. I also know where there are quite a few CC's. They aren't as rare as you mught think. Although, as long as most people think they ARE hard to find, it will keep them out there for us:biggrin2.gif:
Ian
Old 08-04-2009, 04:04 PM

Titanium,

Welcome to the forum. I think I can say we all learn from one another here. There is a great group here and I'm proud to be counted as one of the group. You have yourself a nice tractor. Personally I have a hard time driving a hydrostatic. But I have one that owns me. Too much in it. But I don't have to feed it or clean up after it. She just waits. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. I'll bet a cup of coffee on it.:biggrin2.gif:
Old 08-04-2009, 04:09 PM

Default Howdy from NE Oklahoma

Thanks for the hearty welcome you guys.

Ian, I'm really surprised to find someone here from my neck of the woods...
(although NE OK doesn't really have woods... it's more flat plains.) Ha Ha :biggrin2.gif:
I live in Vinita. I'm thinking you must find IH Cubs by driving around back roads?
There's not much to speak of on Tulsa craigslist or Joplin craigslist.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:37 PM

Welcome to the forum Titanium!!! Hope you're having a good day!!! You will learn a lot here, I know that I have. Have to agree with you about the neighbor thing. While my brother was with the neighbor learning about cars I was out and about!! I guess that this forum is a real good substitute for a neighbor!!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Grand Member

Titanium,

Glad you are here.

Your right about yours dragging a walmart tractor sideways, You could probley drag 2 of them sideways :biggrin2.gif:
Old 08-05-2009, 12:05 AM

Dave, what I've found is that you can go to the oldest looking lawn mower repair shop around and ask them who the local Cub Cadet hoarder is. They usually know. That's how I found this one guy south of Bartlesville who has well over 100.
Ian
Old 08-05-2009, 05:38 AM
Administrator

Titanium:

Welcome to our Forum...........

CC Models: 100, 105, 1450, 782, (2) 784, & 2072

Buy: Made in the USA