Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Home Made

Notices

Old 08-03-2018, 12:53 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
Why?

Do you shut the gas off on your truck when you put it in the garage?
Why do you care ?

Does not look like he trying to win prizes with it at a tractor show. He just wants an easy way to get his panels off and he achieved that. Why does it seem like anytime someone tries to better their machine or do something that seems unorthodox to you, you get negative? So you would not do this to your tractor. Still no reason to be a negative nelly and ruin someones else ideas.

To bllwnkl, and all the other here that have made some type of adaption like this.. GOOD WORK! I'm not being patronizing here. It works for you and that's what matters.

Hey bllwnkl.
Not sure there is a spot on the tractor to do this but would it be possible to run a longer fuel line to a spot where it would be convenient to put a fuel shutoff outside the panel? Something like this maybe?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15-05420.jpg (6.9 KB, 70 views)
Old 08-03-2018, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperino View Post
Why do you care ?

Does not look like he trying to win prizes with it at a tractor show. He just wants an easy way to get his panels off and he achieved that. Why does it seem like anytime someone tries to better their machine or do something that seems unorthodox to you, you get negative? So you would not do this to your tractor. Still no reason to be a negative nelly and ruin someones else ideas.
I want people to know that a tractor isn't supposed to leak fuel. If it does, then it can be fixed. No reason to adapt the side panels to be easily removed just to shut off a fuel line. Not that the adaption was a bad thing. I would do the same. But not so I could shut the gas off every time I parked the tractor. For your info, the adaption isn't a problem. My point is, if you have a gas leak, you should fix it. But your small mind only focuses on what it wants to think, not the bigger point/picture.

On another note, it's not your concern either. Take your own advice and don't worry about me. You're new here. I'm not. You think I'm going to change for some newbie who likes to post a lot? You're not the first, or the last. I'll still be here long after you get bored and leave.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:08 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
I want people to know that a tractor isn't supposed to leak fuel. If it does, then it can be fixed. No reason to adapt the side panels to be easily removed just to shut off a fuel line. Not that the adaption was a bad thing. I would do the same. But not so I could shut the gas off every time I parked the tractor. For your info, the adaption isn't a problem. My point is, if you have a gas leak, you should fix it. But your small mind only focuses on what it wants to think, not the bigger point/picture.

On another note, it's not your concern either. Take your own advice and don't worry about me. You're new here. I'm not. You think I'm going to change for some newbie who likes to post a lot? You're not the first, or the last. I'll still be here long after you get bored and leave.
He never said it leaked at the needle.

Im not worried about you. I'm worried that people will stop posting things like this because you will discourage them. Yeah, Im new here, and in the short time I have been here I have seen several people in posts and in my mail box say they were done here because of you! Sorry pal. You may get to some people like that but I won't be one of them. I don't get discouraged by keyboard cowboys. At what point do you finally realize for all the good things you do here you end up matching them with bad things? You say I like to argue?
Old 08-03-2018, 02:16 PM
Banned

I'm not going to debate with you. PM me if you like, but I'm not going to do this. You're childish, and it gets old.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:16 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
It only leaks if the needle valve in the carb is bad. Put in a new one, and leave the gas on. Easy fix, and no need to take the panel off all the time. Really no need to change the tractor over a cheap fix.
This, so everyone knows is not the only reason it could leak. If you have a nearly full tank of gas and the cap is not venting "plugged vent in cap" pressure could build up on a hot day, causing fuel to come out wherever it can escape from. The weakest link will probably be the needle valve if all of your lines are in good shape and tight.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperino View Post
This, so everyone knows is not the only reason it could leak. If you have a nearly full tank of gas and the cap is not venting "plugged vent in cap" pressure could build up causing fuel to come out wherever it can escape from. The weakest link will probably be the needle valve if all of your lines are in good shape and tight.
If the vent cap was plugged, it would have running issues. The old caps on these tractors just have a hole in them, not a vent valve. Pretty rare they plug, and usually obvious if they do.
"Just so everyone knows."
Old 08-03-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsruskw View Post
no loose parts here either, just get washers w/smaller holes and screw 'em onto the wing nut 1st....
whatever.....
Cool. Glad it works.

1976 IH Cub Cadet 1250, 1978 IH Cub Cadet 1250 W/Hydraulic lift