Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Grand Member

No pictures, but I got me a nice doe with the bow yesterday afternoon. 101# (eatin' good, in the neighborhood"

Original's Face Lift thread.http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34439
(O) Start to Finish video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs
Wheel Around videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUL-m6Bramk
They can't all be turn key!
Old 12-04-2011, 12:28 AM

no deer yet this year, but i got numerous squirrels and rabbits....

here is my 6 yr old son toting the first small game kill of the season on opening day..... he was so happy we got 6 that day the limit and made squirrel pot pie.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:51 AM

Ewwwwww tree rats, LOL

Congrats to your son! I remember when Vince killed his first. We kinda wack them here in the yard, seeing we have prime squrell hunting out back in the woods, not to mention wild boar, bear and deer. I guess Ill need to get another Beagle to run bunnies with, mines about 13 yrs old, but he still wants to go, but his poor leggs just wont go as fast. Hes not in pain, so thats why I just cant bring my self to put him down. My Black and Tan, shes getting bad. Its just a matter of time with her. She too is 13. If I let her run too long, she starts to wimper and will just lay down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0118.jpg (38.7 KB, 334 views)
Old 12-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Grand Member

Some pictures from Saturday in PA wood lot.
Antler restrictions were supposed to swamp us with huge racked deer. Well there are a few but it had been 10 years since I was able to get a chance to have one just walk up to me this young buck made a mistake. It is a seven point, 125 lb live weight. We need three point on aat least one side disregarding the brow tines. Taken with one double lung shot from Remington 7600 chambered in 30-06. Only about 60 yards out. This stand about two big stone throws from the back door.
Will be making kielbasi, jerky and burger tomorrow night. Not a big rack but will make some "good eatin"! Makes the third deer we have processed this year, Eric (son) and Nic (grandson) both got deer in archery.
Todd Congratulations on the doe!
And I Love the pictures of the young hunter with the squirrels!
Regards,
Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1203111304.jpg (36.9 KB, 324 views)
File Type: jpg 1203111321.jpg (31.6 KB, 322 views)
File Type: jpg 1203111331a.jpg (45.2 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg 1203111332.jpg (40.1 KB, 317 views)
File Type: jpg 1203111331.jpg (40.1 KB, 317 views)

Cubs: 147R and the "train", 127 elec lift, 127, 125, 106, 102, 100, 86, 73, Brinly plow, Snow thrower, 2 Rototillers, several mower decks and several snow plows, #1 cart, Grandkids barrel cart.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:49 AM
Banned

OK we need to get to the bottom of this right now!

Todd and Chris are you two brothers? I saw Chris and thought it was todd until I saw the sig! What's the deal here! Twins from another mother?
Old 12-06-2011, 05:30 AM

Man that is a young deer! I know at our place in Green Co when they first did the antler thing we saw the heck out of 4 and 6 points. The second year we were killing nice big deer with nice even racks. I still see some 6 points that are out side the ears and wish I could shoot them. I think the kids on the youth hunts can kill them, but not living there any more Im not up on the regs.

Your stand looks like a view from mine. Im in a maple grove with thick pines in front of me, thick stuff to my right and a nice big feild off to my left with food in them. Heres the field I hunt to my left. Most of the times I get them in the trees before they get to the field.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_7056.jpg (25.2 KB, 312 views)
Old 12-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarmaker View Post
Some pictures from Saturday in PA wood lot.
Antler restrictions were supposed to swamp us with huge racked deer. Well there are a few but it had been 10 years since I was able to get a chance to have one just walk up to me this young buck made a mistake. It is a seven point, 125 lb live weight. We need three point on aat least one side disregarding the brow tines. Taken with one double lung shot from Remington 7600 chambered in 30-06. Only about 60 yards out. This stand about two big stone throws from the back door.
Will be making kielbasi, jerky and burger tomorrow night. Not a big rack but will make some "good eatin"! Makes the third deer we have processed this year, Eric (son) and Nic (grandson) both got deer in archery.
Todd Congratulations on the doe!
And I Love the pictures of the young hunter with the squirrels!
Regards,
Chris

Thats gonna make some fine eating.

Nik,
Old 12-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos View Post

Todd and Chris are you two brothers? I saw Chris and thought it was todd until I saw the sig! What's the deal here! Twins from another mother?
Yes we are! We are blood brothers of the good mother earth I for one kill animals because I enjoy eating them. I get a real feeling of accomplishment in hunting. In a way it brings me back to a time when we as people didn't rely on someone to make our food for us, grocery and fast food.
Theres nothing like it, (hunting) it's a undescribable high, harvesting a deer, field dressing and processing it into bite size portions. Last night we took the trimmings from my doe and ground it into hamberger, and had the tenderloins for supper oh so good!
So far we've almost processed 900# of deer through my shop, between the wife and my buddies and me, and we've got two more to do tonight.
Good job on the buck Chris, eating good in the neighborhood

Original's Face Lift thread.http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34439
(O) Start to Finish video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs
Wheel Around videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUL-m6Bramk
They can't all be turn key!
Old 12-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos View Post

I thought the same thing, Duke.

My Grandpa's Cart
Craftsman Lawn Sweeper
Craftsman Plug Aerator
Old 12-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy1 View Post
Yes we are! We are blood brothers of the good mother earth I for one kill animals because I enjoy eating them. I get a real feeling of accomplishment in hunting. In a way it brings me back to a time when we as people didn't rely on someone to make our food for us, grocery and fast food.
Theres nothing like it, (hunting) it's a undescribable high, harvesting a deer, field dressing and processing it into bite size portions. Last night we took the trimmings from my doe and ground it into hamberger, and had the tenderloins for supper oh so good!
So far we've almost processed 900# of deer through my shop, between the wife and my buddies and me, and we've got two more to do tonight.
Good job on the buck Chris, eating good in the neighborhood
Todd, didn't mean to come across as anti-hunting. I meant it in jest and I'm glad you guys are able to provide for your families.