Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Resources > What is it worth ?

Notices

Old 01-10-2019, 02:37 PM

Default Garage-kept 1650 and implements

Looking to find a new home for my Hydrostatic 1650. Almost no rust. The engine has started up as regular as any motor I have ever owned. My father in law last used it 3-4 weeks ago and said he had some problem shifting into the drive gears. Apparently it will still go into reverse. Unfortunately the tractor is in Ohio and I am in Atlanta for the near future so I can't say more than what he has told me. I replaced the PTO a couple of years ago and worked great since until the shifting issue. I won't get a chance to fix it before I get back, so it will have to be sold as is. What I can tell you is this tractor was purchased by my father 40 years ago and was garage kept the entire time. It stopped getting use in the early 80's and sat until I had it put back into use about 5 years ago.

It's been great as a lawnmower and for hauling around my Agri Fab Yard sweeper. Included with the mower will be some rarely used implements. These include the 44A mowing deck with 3 practically new Gator Mulching blades.

The QA 42 Snowthrower which also is in fantastic condition. I did attach it a few years ago and had to fabricate a lift rod because the original was missing. It worked, but needs some new bolts to maintain enough tension, no big deal to cut off the old ones and replace them. I have another snow thrower so I never got around to do that.

I also have a Roto Tiller attachment that I never have attached, but I can tell you it was used once to reseed a half acre of lawn 35 years ago and it was never used since. The tines are practically new. I'm not sure what the official name for the tiller is but I think it is something like 44" wide. Look at the pictures and maybe you can tell me. I think I have all the parts, but when my Dad passed I couldn't be sure if I grabbed everything (like the snowthrower lift rod). There is a sheet metal cover for sure and what appear to be 2 lifting attachments made out of thick flat stock.

Included is a plow attachment too. I believe it is a Brinley plow, but I have not seen anything on it to tell me what it is or even if it is IH. Maybe you can tell me.

I would like to sell it all as a bundle. Looking to move it within a few weeks. I can say I've never seen a Cub Cadet Hydrostatic in better condition outside of some of the wonderfully restored ones on this forum. Seat is cracked and in need of replacement, but still useable. The old vinyl didn't last.
My Mother's husband attempted to get it up and running in the late 90's and thought it would make it look "modern" by painting it that red and gray, I sure wish they didn't. The original condition sets this 1650 apart. Most important to me is finding a good home for this. Look forward to any feedback!

Dan

What's reasonable to expect for this?

Also for sale is an Agri Fab Yard sweeper. 20 HP Briggs & Stratten engine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tractor2small.jpg (32.6 KB, 345 views)
File Type: jpg plowsmall.jpg (24.5 KB, 342 views)
File Type: jpg Rototillersmall.jpg (22.1 KB, 346 views)
File Type: jpg snowthrowersmall.jpg (20.5 KB, 338 views)
Old 01-12-2019, 02:18 PM

I've been watching this for a reply. I own a 1650 with the same attachments. Mine has never been repainted. Faded paint. Had it for around 20 plus years.

Wife's uncle in his 80's gave it to me. Original owner. It had charging troubles.

I had everything in the back of my 3/4 ton truck. Went to a local cub dealer by me. Asked if it was worth the $ to put into it. Back then I was told with everything it was worth around $1,800 with all the attachments. What mines worth today? Who knows.

This thing is a beast! Everything works. I have to change out the hi-trans oil and filter some day. Gets cold out, it's slow to move till it gets warmed up a bit.

I have a newer cub garden tractor. No comparison to it.

I can tell you the deck on the 1650 cuts better than the new one.

Rototiller. I've used it quite a bit thru the years. It dosen't mess a round. Sometimes I think I should put an add in the paper to do tilling.

Snow blower is a single stage and it dosen't like wet snow.

Perhaps wrong on my thinking. What's the cost on a newer cub unit without any attachments. Add in attachment costs for a new one. Total.

Try for 1/3 to 1/2? Only prob is the no forward on yours. Call a cub dealer to find out the cost to repair and take that cost away from the price.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:15 PM
Grand Member

If the tractor has ANY issue, the value falls through the floor,,
using non standard colors to repaint it makes the value fall even further,,
(The tractor looks to be painted Massey Ferguson colors??)

If you want it gone,, the price will be somewhere around $600 for the package,,

If you want LOTS of money, sell each piece individually,,,
including the tractor,, part out the tractor,, get LOTS of $$$
Old 01-17-2019, 05:18 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I stopped following this thread when I posted it for sale. My hope is to find a good owner for it, not to get lots of money. I’m going to change that price to reflect that. Thanks.
It’s too bad, I did find a good place for any repair I needed. Definitely would have had it checked out before I tried to sell it to know what that shifting issue was.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locodave View Post
I've been watching this for a reply. I own a 1650 with the same attachments. Mine has never been repainted. Faded paint. Had it for around 20 plus years.

Wife's uncle in his 80's gave it to me. Original owner. It had charging troubles.

I had everything in the back of my 3/4 ton truck. Went to a local cub dealer by me. Asked if it was worth the $ to put into it. Back then I was told with everything it was worth around $1,800 with all the attachments. What mines worth today? Who knows.

This thing is a beast! Everything works. I have to change out the hi-trans oil and filter some day. Gets cold out, it's slow to move till it gets warmed up a bit.

I have a newer cub garden tractor. No comparison to it.

I can tell you the deck on the 1650 cuts better than the new one.

Rototiller. I've used it quite a bit thru the years. It dosen't mess a round. Sometimes I think I should put an add in the paper to do tilling.

Snow blower is a single stage and it dosen't like wet snow.

Perhaps wrong on my thinking. What's the cost on a newer cub unit without any attachments. Add in attachment costs for a new one. Total.

Try for 1/3 to 1/2? Only prob is the no forward on yours. Call a cub dealer to find out the cost to repair and take that cost away from the price.
I’d love to know why it’s not shifting, but timing is not good for finding out. I’ve moved to Atlanta to a house with a tiny yard. It’s not coming with me and I’m not around to investigate the cause. You’re right it’s a beast and fun to use. I will miss it. I will say I am surprised I am getting almost no interest in it. I had to put a price on it and probably priced it high with the idea the I would get offers even if they were low. That hasn’t happened yet. I’d love for this to go to a Cub Cadet enthusiast. Even someone who would want the attachments would make it a good deal. Like I said, my goal is not to make a lot of money off of it.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
If the tractor has ANY issue, the value falls through the floor,,
using non standard colors to repaint it makes the value fall even further,,
(The tractor looks to be painted Massey Ferguson colors??)

If you want it gone,, the price will be somewhere around $600 for the package,,

If you want LOTS of money, sell each piece individually,,,
including the tractor,, part out the tractor,, get LOTS of $$$
I'd say this is a fair assessment.

Even good tractors in good shape with everything working aren't going for a ton right now. Anything broken, and you're selling it for parts. Blowers and blades don't ever go for much. The tiller, if it's complete, might bring 300-350.

If you want to maximize the $$$, sell everything separately. I'd say you could get 250-300 for the tractor and deck, 300-350 for the tiller, 100-150 for the blower (that one does look to be in good shape), 100-150 for the plow. Some of that will go faster than other parts.

You can make even more by parting out the tractor, or at least the major things. The 3 point lift on it goes for 100-125, the sleeve hitch adapter (i'm assuming it'a sleeve hitch plow) goes for 100 or so more.

You've got about a 50/50 shot at someone buying all that for the attachments and parting out the rest and someone that wants to fix the tractor and use it as-is.

I'd say 600-800 if you want it to go. You could ask 1k for it and it might go eventually but it's going to sit for a while.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:22 PM

Thanks so much for that assessment!
I just talked to my father in law about the shifting issue. He said it DOES shift into forward. I misunderstood what he was telling me. He said he had some issue shifting into forward gear until he put it into reverse gear and then back into forward. Apparently he was using the tractor like this for a while. I don’t know what that means, if it’s a hydraulic thing or what, but the tractor is operating.

Having said that, I am not interested in parting it out or hanging onto it in anyway. I want to get it into someone’s hands that will know what to do with it. That’s why I’m ok with a best offer.

Thanks again, if you know what that shifting issue might be, if appreciate an idea!
Old 01-23-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthrocker15 View Post
Thanks so much for that assessment!
I just talked to my father in law about the shifting issue. He said it DOES shift into forward. I misunderstood what he was telling me. He said he had some issue shifting into forward gear until he put it into reverse gear and then back into forward. Apparently he was using the tractor like this for a while. I don’t know what that means, if it’s a hydraulic thing or what, but the tractor is operating.

Having said that, I am not interested in parting it out or hanging onto it in anyway. I want to get it into someone’s hands that will know what to do with it. That’s why I’m ok with a best offer.

Thanks again, if you know what that shifting issue might be, if appreciate an idea!
Well it's a hydro so it doesn't really have "gears". It's probably a linkage or trunion issue. Neither of which are major. A few hours and 20 bucks worth of parts will likely fix anything wrong with it, but that's just a guess without looking at it.

I'd put it up on CL or FB marketplace and ask 900 for it all. Someone might buy it up at that price, but that's a reasonable starting place to negotiate from as well.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:01 PM

I ended up selling it through Facebook Marketplace. When the buyer came to look at the tractor it had no problem starting up and and shifting into forward. I really just misunderstood the information I was given. Too bad really, it is an awesome tractor. The new owner got a great deal.
Thanks for all the help.!
Dan
Old 01-29-2019, 09:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Yes, that was a good deal. What part of Atlanta did you move to?