Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > Gardens, Lawns and Landscapes

Notices

Old 07-13-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
The grass will become less intense, but it will still grow. .
I think you got right to he bottom of my issue when you said I didn't go deep enough with the till. I fully understand there will be weeds. this year it was just a bit intense.

Quote:
Certain weeds like certain soil conditions. You really want to get into this? Buy a weed book, look up all the things growing in the garden spot you don't want.

Quote:
I like to garden.... it's fun. Gives me an excuse to use my cubs, and gets me some good food in the fridge and in my belly. Saves me a bit at the store.
That's the majority of my motivation as well, something to play with and use equipment. I need to justify the cub cadet hobby by at least producing a couple tomatoes with them I sit in front of a computer all day for work so its a nice change of pace. There's also something satisfying about producing some food on your own land.

Quote:
Leaving the clippings on the yard doesn't affect the fertilizer you put on the soil. Grass clippings are basically fodder. They rot and put nutrients into the ground.
That's precisely what I mean, its free "fertilizer" plus the clippings have to hold some moisture which that I would otherwise be throwing away.

Quote:
I sweep mine up when I wait too long to mow and use them for compost.
I seem to find myself in this predicament all to often. Though the bagger for my mower is a couple hundred pounds and is a pain to get on with one person. I usually only bag in the fall for leaves or when I dethatch. When I wait too long I just end up running over the clippings again/crosshatching to chop them up a bit more. I know a waste of time but I only mow about an acre of grass so its not a huge time killer.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off