Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 05-09-2021, 10:35 PM

Default Blue spring for clutch?

I am in the middle of another 1200 clutch job (not the same tractor as I have previously posted about) and am wanting another blue spring.
I forget where I got the last one. Zach Kerber seems the only current source, have everything else Im gonna need.... not wanting to cost me $10 for a $29 part to ship....
somewhere else, I tripped across a "die spring" at MSC supply that (wherever I found it) says that it is the same thing, MSC only wants $19/ea for them. Yeah its blue, yeah it has the same free length, but the specs they show, seem lower than what is shown for the spring shown as the "blue Cub Cadet clutch spring".
Anyone source theirs there? the last thing I want is to have something with less force than the 40 year old original spring currently has....
I could care less what color the spring I get happens to be, but I want one with similar pressure to what the blue spring that is sold for this purpose claims to have... I put one in the last CC gear drive clutch I did, and so far so good.... similar pedal feel to the original one, and no issues so far.... (and lots of hours on that job)
Old 05-15-2021, 09:43 AM

I see my post simply asking "Nobody?" appears to have been deleted. I have the rest of what I need now to rebuild this clutch from CCSpecialties, except a new spring. I guess I'll just put the original spring back in then, maybe with an added extra washer or 2.
Old 05-16-2021, 08:43 AM

The only other place i know of is Chris from Lancaster Ohio. He used to be a sponsor here. He had a $10 min ship also.
Old 05-16-2021, 08:52 AM
Grand Member

Most everyone does these days.
You can't ship much of anything of size or weight for much less than that.
Shipped a couple little auto back up lamp bulb sockets to a fellow in CO last week, weighed 1.6 oz.

$4.20!! Cheapest way USPS had.
Old 05-16-2021, 09:32 AM
Administrator

The average shipping I pay for parts to be shipped into me is $15.00, no matter whether FedEx or UPS. Now the USPS is lower but you get what you pay for.

$10.00 is a bargain to me.

CC Models: 100, 105, 1450, 782, (2) 784, & 2072

Buy: Made in the USA
Old 05-16-2021, 03:49 PM

I just got "everything else" I needed from CC Specialties for this job. $200 including the same $10 shipping..... but I didnt see that spring listed there...
I thought there had been another supplier I used to use, couldnt find anywhere among the tractor sites I frequent... On the shipping thing it just drives me nuts to pay $10 to ship 1 small part where its the same $10 to ship a bunch of parts totalling much more. I usually try and get everything to make the shipping "worth it". but in this case that's "all I need" for this job so $10 for shipping a $20-ish part seems crazy.
that's partly why I asked about the "die springs" that places like MSC and Mc Master-Carr have.... someone somewhere had told me they are actually what these "blue" springs are, that are sold as upgraded clutch springs for our Cubs... seen that mentioned once and never again anywhere else...
I always need bolts screws nuts and such from those companies, so I could "lose" some of the shipping within an order from there if that makes sense.

That, and I KNOW that not everything from these machines HAS to come as OEM parts from International.... heck, they sourced much of those parts back in the day, themselves.... Sundstrand hydros, Firestone wheels, Briggs/Kohler engines and more.
For instance I have my own 2 post lift in my garage at hole. Made by Weaver, who sold out to Rotary lift in around 1989. There are companies that sell parts for automotive lifts, but on the bearings within the chain rollers, if I would have gone with the "lift company" it would have cost me around $800 to replace all teh bearings within this lift. I found a number on the bearings (14 of them) and discovered that it was a very common bearing to industry, including serving as the input shaft bearing on the old Ford 4 speed manual transmissions. and many industrial machines in factories. I got 14 of those bearings from known, name brand companies for a total of $160. I didnt cut a single corner, or "rig" anything.... I replaced them with exact factory issue parts sourced elsewhere. and I didnt have to go with generic white box imported from China crap to do so either.
so when I hear of a possible alternate source for something that I run across a need for "more than once or twice", I check it out.
Old 05-16-2021, 06:46 PM

Cc Specialties has the spring. $29.37

Dad's 122 w/42" cast deck, spring assist, lights,weights, rear lift
1250 w/hydraulic lift, lights,weights, spring assist.
50C deck converted to an A with front wheels
44C deck converted to an A with front wheels.
QA-36A
42" blade
Old 05-17-2021, 05:22 PM

dont know why i didnt see it when i ordered the rest of the parts for this machine
too late now, i have everything else i need, old spring not broke, its going back on.