Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Implements and Attachments

Notices

Old 03-24-2019, 03:39 PM

Default What is this type of plow called?

I been searching but this eludes me, whats this type implement or attachment called? I notice some split the dirt over one way some part it both ways. Whats the difference between an implement and an attachment? Is there a page with all the implements and attachments show like a picture menu? thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear plowing.jpg (35.1 KB, 230 views)

Model 70 Sep 2020 needs total resto and an engine, or for parts
Model 70/100 Mar 2021 buried in rust, frozen engine, got free for parts.

two spare hydro rears
"in for a penny, in for a pound!"
Old 03-24-2019, 04:30 PM
Grand Member

That is a moldboard plow, some call it a turning plow, depends on where in the country yall from.
It turns the ground over to bury the leftover from the previous years crop, like corn stubble or sod/leaves etc.
It makes the soil loose,and easily worked into a fine seed bed
The ones that throw the dirt both ways are called a middle buster.
They are good for making a furrow to plant 'taters or digging 'taters after they have grown.
They tend to go too deep for planting shallow seeded crops
Also could be used to plant tree seedlings.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:40 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyRI View Post
Whats the difference between an implement and an attachment?
Some people would tend to say that an attachment is something that is added onto and powered by the tractor, such as a snow thrower or rototiller, and an implement would be something of a ground engaging tool such as the plow you pictured. But mostly they're one in the same and what it's called depends on where you are in the country at the time.

Quiz time:
The shade umbrella is attached to the tractor so it would be considered an attachment. But, could it not also be considered a shade implement?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg umbrella.jpg (15.7 KB, 209 views)
Old 03-24-2019, 08:58 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman View Post
Some people would tend to say that an attachment is something that is added onto and powered by the tractor, such as a snow thrower or rototiller, and an implement would be something of a ground engaging tool such as the plow you pictured. But mostly they're one in the same and what it's called depends on where you are in the country at the time.

Quiz time:
The shade umbrella is attached to the tractor so it would be considered an attachment. But, could it not also be considered a shade implement?
I'd call it a very welcome thingy on a rainy day.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:55 PM

Cool thanks for the replies... There might be something wrong with me because I'm thinking of all kinds of attachments I'd like, most wouldnt even need... weird...

Definately something I could make small trenches with for LV wiring and maybe to run a summertime water line. Like a narrower blade for that turning plow maybe... Also, a good sturdy winch to move things like a shed etc. If I was going to break up grass for a garden, the turning plow then a rotary tiller (front or back?) to grind up the clumps. Then of course a snow plow or snow thrower... ultimately, would be nice to build a small backhoe and loader set. (Lotta work but would be a great accomplishment). The first item will be a hitch - prob on the front, to move my trailers around the yard, and of course a mower deck... and eventually maybe some kind of leaf vac/grinder prob have to also homebrew that one... maybe that would be a tow-behind setup...

two spare hydro rears
Old 03-25-2019, 07:36 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'George View Post
I'd call it a very welcome thingy on a rainy day.
I can't believe someone would actually take their Cub outside on a rainy day.
Oh, the humanity!
Old 03-25-2019, 07:09 PM

I guess u havent seen the Amphi-Cub Pontoon Attachment for flood rescue or water skiing??? The reverse turning PTO propeller made it less popular because it only goes in reverse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman View Post
I can't believe someone would actually take their Cub outside on a rainy day.
Oh, the humanity!

two spare hydro rears