Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor (LT)

Notices

Old 09-19-2020, 01:17 PM

Default Shipping damage?

Hey guys just got my new SLX50 in, it was delivered Friday night and looked fine in the crate and all to the best I could see, but this morning while taking it out of the crate and plastic I noticed the steering wheel was all messed up, it’s missing bolts that hold the seat on (seat and steering wheel both were attached inside crate) and there was a small splash of gas in the tank. This came factory direct as no where near me had any in stock. Everything looks new and there’s 0.0 hours on the hour meter. Anyone else have any issues like this? How were they handled? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7B95CFA6-917A-43E2-A2E2-92F40B24B849.jpg (28.3 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg F73887B3-C5D5-4514-B914-B3D1CE9EA018.jpg (27.1 KB, 84 views)
Old 09-19-2020, 03:52 PM

Welcome to the Forum, and I would say congrats on the new mower, but.
I wouldn't even fire it up. Looks like they need to pick it up. I would be tempted
to make em pay me back then do something else. Find a tractor you like
locally from a dealer you can look in the eye. There is really not much difference in a new Cub Cadet and a new anything else out there.

Maybe shop for a running Old Cub Cadet. Now they are different.
Sorry about your hassles, it gets so frustrating.

Ken
Old 09-19-2020, 05:33 PM
Grand Member

I would report the damage to the selling dealer or the place that sold it to you.
You bought something new and you expect new.
If no response/satisfaction cancel the check/money order/credit card transaction, and put it in dispute.
Just another reason to patronize your local dealer.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'George View Post
I would report the damage to the selling dealer or the place that sold it to you.
You bought something new and you expect new.
If no response/satisfaction cancel the check/money order/credit card transaction, and put it in dispute.
Just another reason to patronize your local dealer.
I called every dealer around me in about a 125 mile radius and most either had none at all or models smaller I didn’t want, and I couldn’t order through them so I had to go the factory direct route. I do have a local dealer though I’ll take it through for service who tried ordering it for me and told me he’d welcome me to come back and understood my dilemma.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:56 PM
Administrator

This situation is between you and the selling dealer. You need to contact them and get resolve.

CC Models: 100, 105, 1450, 782, (2) 784, & 2072

Buy: Made in the USA
Old 09-19-2020, 07:10 PM
Grand Member

I didn't think one could order from the the factory direct.
a new machine needs to be prepped and put in service normally, insuring all is ok and good to go, otherwise warranty most times would be void, but things must of changed over the years.
They must of given you a big discount to circumvent the dealer prep fee he would normally receive.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:19 PM

Am wondering since you bought somewhere far away who is taking responsibility for the Warranty on it? If its the local guy you referred to
then it goes to him for the work. The folks that sold it to you pay the bill. If it goes back to the folks that sold it to you, am wondering who pays the freight bill. This stuff can get pretty sticky when there is a bunch of miles and large equipment involved. Don't get in a hurry, make sure you are satisfied now and down the road if you have troubles. Not preaching I hope, I got burned bad once on dealer far away. My dealer went out of business in the middle of my warranty no one cared. Good Luck

Ken
Old 09-19-2020, 08:45 PM

Quote:
a new machine needs to be prepped and put in service normally, insuring all is ok and good to go, otherwise warranty most times would be void, but things must of changed over the years.
They must of given you a big discount to circumvent the dealer prep fee he would normally receive.
It was about $100 less then what the one local dealer I found carried it for, and that dealer told me he wouldn’t have anymore until at least next spring. Also they provided free freight shipping, directly from their plant in TN. Where the dealer charge for delivery would have been about another $100 because I lived out more in the country. I saved money but I wasn’t trying to i genuinely tried doing dealer direct first.

I literally called Cub Cadet up and told them i couldn’t find a dealer anywhere around me that had this model unit, and asked if they had some type of tracker that might show inventory at other stores I may have missed. I was told by a Cub Cadet rep that they had some still in stock at the manufacturing warehouse and I could directly buy through them, and they’d do free freight shipping to my house. No dealer whatsoever was involved and it came straight from the factory. It’s the XT2 SLX50 not a lot of dealers even carry that because I was told that they would have a hard time selling it because that’s zero turn mower pricing, and they try to keep riding mowers less than 2k. The one local dealer did tell me he would gladly work on it if I was able to get it through the factory so I’m guessing Cub Cadet will just reimburse him for any cost.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Some mowers right on there site you can literally click ad to cart and buy, mine wasn’t listed like that I called up Cub Cadets help line to see if they could help me find a dealer nearby since I wasn’t having any luck that actually had one in stock and they said that they could check their manufacturing warehouse stock and see if any where available and after a minute said their was some available and asked if I wanted to purchase straight through them, Cub Cadet, and they’d ship it to me for free, and that’s what I did since there was no dealers in about 125 mile radius of me that had them in stock.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:30 PM

Seat only needs one bolt, it keeps the seat from sliding out of the slots. The adjuster in the side locks it into place.

Steering wheel is definitely boned.
Any MTD authorized service shop can file a warranty claim for you.
In my area that's pretty much farm and fleet.
Also is you just call cub cadet they'd most likely just send you one.

All cubs come with a splash of fuel in the tank and full of oil. I've seen many both over full and under full.