Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 02-16-2023, 08:55 PM

Default Please explain

Kansas City beat Philadelphia how come the sign on the bus said World Champions
Should it have read American Champions
I am an Australian who is just asking
Oz
Old 02-16-2023, 09:25 PM

A very reasonable question. Obviously they are legends in their own minds.
Not even all of us Americans consider them champions, or care.
There is even a team in Dallas that calls themselves Americas Team.
Oh brother.

Ken
Old 02-17-2023, 12:20 AM

The Australian National teams in Cricket , Rugby Union , Rugby League and Soccer and others have to beat a whole bunch of nations before they have the right to be World Champions
Oz
Old 02-17-2023, 11:22 AM

Well if no one else Plays US style football In their country and the US is the only country then they can be world Champions

What you call football we call soccer

I prefer Rugby Myself as that's what I learned to Play as a child with My cousins In Scotland(sent there In the Summer as a Child) . Made me real Popular growing up or the US Army when I tell them I preferred the Mans sport not the Little Girls sport with there Pads & helmets on Got a few rugby Games going when we Had British, Aussie or Kiwi Units that would come over for Training here in the states, We Americans would Usually get our rear ends handed to us. But cricket I still can't watch boars the heck out of me
Old 02-17-2023, 08:23 PM

Well if no one else Plays US style football In their country and the US is the only country then they can be world Champions

I do believe we have a number of teams playing the Pads and Helmets game here in Australia
As for Cricket it has many options now T20 , Limited overs , One day and the ultimate Tests (5 days) at which we are getting our backsides severely savaged by the Indian Test team as I write
But any of these types of cricket are to an Australian not as Boring as American football , play for a down or whatever it is called and have a 10 minute rest , go figure
Start the game and play until an injury or half-time stops the game then play till full time
Oz
Old 02-19-2023, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozcubowner View Post

I do believe we have a number of teams playing the Pads and Helmets game here in Australia
As for Cricket it has many options now T20 , Limited overs , One day and the ultimate Tests (5 days) at which we are getting our backsides severely savaged by the Indian Test team as I write
But any of these types of cricket are to an Australian not as Boring as American football , play for a down or whatever it is called and have a 10 minute rest , go figure
Start the game and play until an injury or half-time stops the game then play till full time
Oz
IFAF rules restrict Most US Players from Being eligible to Play and Your 70 teams there are considered Semi Pro teams Where the NFL and AFL are considered Pro Football so By Pro standards the US team that wins the Super Bowl becomes the world champions of Professional Football
Old 02-19-2023, 05:36 PM

MAYBE
Do not ever count an Australian out till you get to TEN
The classic example of Pro and Amateur teams is the English F.A. Cup where lowly ranked teams quite often clobber the highly fancied Pro team
Good chatting about this Sarge but until they beat someone , anyone off the continental USA they are pretenders to the World Champion
I am guessing IFAF is an American based organisation
Oz
Old 02-20-2023, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozcubowner View Post
MAYBE
Do not ever count an Australian out till you get to TEN
The classic example of Pro and Amateur teams is the English F.A. Cup where lowly ranked teams quite often clobber the highly fancied Pro team
Good chatting about this Sarge but until they beat someone , anyone off the continental USA they are pretenders to the World Champion
I am guessing IFAF is an American based organisation
Oz
Sorry Not a US organization IFAF (International Federation of American Football) Headquartered In La Courneuve France
The US has Participated since 2007 and every 4 Years there is a championship Game US has always come in 1st since they started Participating

2007 1st Place USA, 2nd Place Japan, 3rd Place Germany, 4th Place Sweden

2011 1st Place USA, 2nd Place Canada, 3rd Place Japan 4th Place Mexico

2015 1st Place USA, 2nd Place Japan, 3rd Place Mexico, 4th Place France

2015 was the Last Time a Tournament was Played

None of the US Participants were On a Pro US football Team at the time they Played in the IFAF some did eventually move Up to the Pro teams after their Participation In the IFAF

Australia has Played 3 times 1999 5th Place, 2011 8th Place, 2015th 5th Place

Prior to 1983 Australia didn't even have Semi Pro Teams

Well Until another country besides Canada actually has Pro teams (Canada has 9) But they also don't Have the same size Field as the US Teams actually 10 yards Longer

For American style Football at the Professional Level, who even wins the Super Bowl in the US our the World Champions Because no other country In the world Has Professional Football teams. So, until that changes. They'll be keeping that world champions status for Professional Football, regardless if You think they are Pretenders or Not. I still think they are all little sissies with their Pads and Helmets on
Old 02-20-2023, 05:07 PM

Good info that , I agree with your closing comment , but that was the USA team not Kansas City
p.s. we got smashed by the Indian Cricket team , our selectors took 5 players in our touring team with injuries that in all likely-hood they would not recover from during the tour (achilles , broken finger , chronic back) go figure
Oz
Old 02-20-2023, 08:09 PM

Well Like I said Until there are other Professional Level Teams In other countries
which there are Not currently Then for Professional Level Sport' Following strict rules of American football 100 Yard Field,Not 110 Yard field Like the CFL. Kansas City our World Champions for Professional Level American football. If There is No other country that fields a Team to compete against at there Level. Then they are world champions in there field of Professional American Football