Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 12:25 PM

Oh, didn't even think of that.
Well, uh, what am I supposed to do? I don't have the money to fix the brakes properly with new pads and calipers, so I might just adjust the crap out of the calipers to make the brakes at least kind of work.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperino View Post
OK.. I am sorry but, there's a little thing called accountability. Being 14 you may not fully understand it yet but someday you will. There are probably not many 14 year old's buying and selling tractors. For the ones like you that are, I hope you realize just by selling this with no brakes makes for a disaster waiting to happen. I would say most if not all the members here with gear box tractors could get on that unit and handle it without brakes. However, the average Joe that is picking up a tractor and maybe has never owned one could get seriously injured, injure someone else, or worse... Even if you tell he person it has no brakes. Many people do not understand how much these weigh and that they are not toys. Be very careful who you sell this to tho. Lawyers make tons and tons of money off of insane lawsuits that start out just like this... And you can say "hey, they can't sue me, Im a kid" they can sue your parents. You might think how can I be held responsible for the bad brakes. Learn this lesson.. You can sue anyone at anytime for any reason.. Does not mean you will win, but why take the chance. Be careful,

I'm not so sure I agree. I mean, in order for me to be accountable, I need to sell all running tractors with good brakes? I've bought and sold several tractors, some with brakes and some without. I think that as long as it is disclosed to the buyer, then he is accountable. Not arguing, just giving my opinion.

1971 126 w/ Brinly Sleeve Hitch, Plow, Discs, and Cultivator

http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=50159
Old 06-20-2018, 12:53 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad126 View Post
I'm not so sure I agree. I mean, in order for me to be accountable, I need to sell all running tractors with good brakes? I've bought and sold several tractors, some with brakes and some without. I think that as long as it is disclosed to the buyer, then he is accountable. Not arguing, just giving my opinion.
Anything during the transaction that's not recorded it hearsay.. That's brings up a whole new subject. Like I stated. You CAN sue anyone you wish. Winning the lawsuit is up to the judge or a jury. Put it to you this way.. Lets say this kid sells it to another minor. The new kid brings it home and maybe mom and dad don't even know he bought it. The kid gets injured on it.. You can't tell me that many many parents would not try to sue the other parents. I don't feel like it would be right to sue the other parents personally. But not everyone thinks like me.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:56 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudrig150 View Post
Oh, didn't even think of that.
Well, uh, what am I supposed to do? I don't have the money to fix the brakes properly with new pads and calipers, so I might just adjust the crap out of the calipers to make the brakes at least kind of work.
OK.. If I am you and I really want to sell it. I would advertise it as a parts machine that runs. Make sure your ad says no brakes and email the link to yourself. Also. If I were you, Get a parent involved in the sale. Not to help but just to be witness should the he said she said start up after the sale.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:03 PM
Grand Member

All right, one of you Keystoners go buy this damn thing and put it, him and us out of misery.

I would, but I'm 700 miles away
Last 108 I bought was $75 and included a deck.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman View Post
Ever considered parting it out?? You could sell good parts from it on eBay or CL for the prevailing prices and probably end up making a profit (without hurting anyone's feelings).
Heh, what good parts????
Old 06-20-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperino View Post
Lets say this kid sells it to another minor.
I guess that's where I can't go wrong. I sell my tractors to adults and most of the time it's to someone I know. Still, I wouldn't ever sell a thing if I was afraid of someone sueing me. I don't disagree with you, I just am willing to take the risk as long as I feel I have been honest with the buyer.

And I think we are getting a bit off topic here. We should all encourage this young fellow. Without his generation getting into this hobby, the act of keeping these cubs alive will die out.

Good luck Mudrig. Hope it works out for you. Just be honest and keep you word if you give it to someone. Tell your friends about your new hobby and get them interested in tractors. Especially the old ones. These things are about like buying up a bond or investment account. They increase in value as time goes by.

1971 126 w/ Brinly Sleeve Hitch, Plow, Discs, and Cultivator

http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=50159
Old 06-20-2018, 01:37 PM
Banned

Good god, the calipers can't be bad. They're never bad. I've got 5 sets on the shelf here and they're all good. Brake material is like $15 for a roll that would do 4 sets of brakes.

Here we go again. Another kid on here who doesn't listen and knows everything. I'm tired of it already.

You are supposed to be 18 to use c-list anyway.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:41 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
Good god, the calipers can't be bad. They're never bad. I've got 5 sets on the shelf here and they're all good. Brake material is like $15 for a roll that would do 4 sets of brakes.

Here we go again. Another kid on here who doesn't listen and knows everything. I'm tired of it already.

You are supposed to be 18 to use c-list anyway.
I agree. He doesn't seem to want to take anyone's advice or put in the work to get the tractor up to par so it can be sold the right way.
1211 Dual Stick
Pap's 100 restoration thread - http://onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47965
Old 06-20-2018, 02:43 PM
Grand Member

I give up.
Gonna take my bat and ball and go home.