Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 11-03-2016, 01:07 AM

This is an interesting read as quite a number of vehicles mentioned are not available in Australia
That being said we are a VW family Caddyx2 in the past , now a Passat waggon and an Amarok (dual cab ute)
Historically had numerous company supplied vehicles over the years either Ford or GMH (Aust division of GM) they were all OK the best being a GMH Commodore with a 3l Nissan 6 in it what a sweet motor
Right now I am in love with the new Passat R line awesome 206kw and 6sp DSG not much around that can be as classy or keep up
One to look for if they ship it to the USA is the new Hyundai Ioniq seems to be a car for all and sundry
Opinions are like , everyones got one
Oz
Old 11-03-2016, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
I made no assumptions. I just did a little math. I'm saying I'd rather take advice on what to buy from someone who bought a vehicle with x miles on it, drove it for 15 years and put XXXXXX miles on it, then replaced it because they were tired of it.

I can play this game too... Your "assuming" all kinds of things. I've owned Fords. For all you know, I've owned 43 of them in 20 years. Your "assumptions" are all wrong also.

I'm not interested in debating who has the best car, I've worked on them all.... They all break.
Jonathan, You assumed you knew my driving habits and you were wrong. Your math was also wrong. My F250 is a 2002 which if I do the math makes it 14 years old. I assumed nothing, just stated my personal experience with the vehicles I have owned and pointed out your incorrect assumptions. If in fact you owned 43 fords in 20 years, common sense would say you really like fords or your not that bright and keep buying cars that in your own words you hate. I think you said bottom of the list. I never said I had the best cars just shared my experience with what I had. As always let the games begin.
1872 3pnt, 44" deck, Brinly Plow, 54" Power Angle Plow
2072 3pnt 50" deck, Brinly Plow
2072 50" deck
Cub Cadet Tank 50 Zero Turn
Cub Cadet 33" Commercial Walk Behind
1953 Ih Cub with just about every implement
New Holland TC33D with Loader and Backhoe
Old 11-03-2016, 06:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Well, if you're going electric, go with the best.
https://www.tesla.com/model3

I went with my MIL to look at the Fusions a year ago and they were your typical car dealers. They wouldn't give a "out the door price" but did talk a bunch of BS. The problem I have with Chevy and Ford...probably Chrysler too but I never owned one is they treat you like crap for routine service and warranty stuff. Take a vehicle in for service and they won't give you a loaner. Look where the Fusion is made.....Mexico, probably because of the high quality of standards they have there.

Once you own a Lexus and see how they treat their customers you will never go back, that is what happened to me.

Sorry if I PO'd anybody off on my thoughts. I say go test drive some cars and let us know how you get treated. Good luck cause I hate buying cars.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:05 AM

Oak I agree the Tesla seems like a great car but probably not in the same price range as others that have been mentioned. I think it is unfortunate if you have had bad experiences with ford dealers. I will not assume I know how all dealerships operate. I can only say that over the years and owning a good number of fords there are good dealers as well as bad. I now work with a dealership that is great whether it be for warranty, service or purchase. We always get a loaner. The Lincoln dealer I use is owned by the same people that own the ford dealer and they are just as good. I do not know much about lexus. My only knowledge is from a friend that owns one and complains constantly about it. So honestly I am not running out to buy a lexus based on my limited knowledge of them. We all have different motivations and reasons why we like or dislike certain things or brands. My neighbor has a CC zero turn that is in the shop on a regular basis, he hates CC and will never buy another. I on the other hand have a CC zero turn with no issues I love CC and own 9 of them and will keep buying them. My point is that we all have personal experience with things and brands, some have more experience than others just because some one had a bad experience it does not mean all of those things or brand is bad.
1872 3pnt, 44" deck, Brinly Plow, 54" Power Angle Plow
2072 3pnt 50" deck, Brinly Plow
2072 50" deck
Cub Cadet Tank 50 Zero Turn
Cub Cadet 33" Commercial Walk Behind
1953 Ih Cub with just about every implement
New Holland TC33D with Loader and Backhoe
Old 11-03-2016, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Toyota Tacoma PU for me and Subaru Forrester for the wife. Happy, Happy, happy.

Subaru base price $22,600.
BX2670 with FEL
Old 11-03-2016, 09:13 AM
Banned

Subaru is one I haven't seen much of. No dealers around here, so they are pretty scarce. People that own them seem to really like them.

It's Chryler, Dodge and Chevy at my place. The old Dodge diesel truck has somewhere in the neighborhood of 520K on it. The odometer broke and I quick trying to keep track. They Chevy is currently awaiting work or sale with 220K. One of the Chrysler mini vans has 300K and the other has 230K on it. We drive.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrola View Post
Your good Johnathon. That is the one car I have looked at. The mpg is around 40 mpg where the VW was 50.
The Jetta got higher actual MPG because of the emission cheating they did. The Cruze is rated higher by the EPA estimated MPG. In all actuality, they get about the same, possibly the Cruze getting better. My car (2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel) gets in the upper 40s on the highway. There currently isn't a diesel option on the Cruze right now, but here in a few months it'll be re-released with a 1.8L diesel (mine has the 2.0L). If you can hold out a few more months, you could pick one of those up. I've heard they'll be optional as a hatchback as well as with a manual this time around.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:38 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Mac View Post
Toyota Tacoma PU for me and Subaru Forrester for the wife. Happy, Happy, happy.

Subaru base price $22,600.
All good Sam!

Only grief I have agains the Tacoma is his gas efficiency for it's size and the lack of diesel engine option but new diesel engine have limited lifespan today anyway... That why VW cheat..They have ton's of plugged intake happening before 250,000Km, I did 600,000Km with a old 94 Golf TD before I rebuild his head. Try that with any new diesel car today!

Tank's to low sulfur diesel and new EPA regulations!

PS: The Chevrolet Volt is a hybrid car not an all electric car and yes Tesla is the best electric car on this side of the ocean, look forward to see
thousand of model 3 cruising around in a near future.
1976 1650/QA42A blower/44A deck/standby
1976 1450TS/Sleeve hitch/44A deck/in storage
1963 100 (red)/in storage
2010 Kubota 2380-2/42" infinity deck (engine swap)
Old 11-03-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkull View Post
PS: The Chevrolet Volt is a HYBRID car not an all electric car and yes Tesla is the best electric car on this side of the ocean, look forward to see
thousand of model 3 cruising around in a near future.
Actually, the Volt is an all electric car. It just has a gasoline powered generator on board. The engine does nothing for propelling the vehicle, so it's not classified as a hybrid. Now the upcoming Chevy Bolt is a different story. It has no on board generator.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:17 PM
Grand Member

Not so sure if getting an electric car is a good idea if the OP's wife drives nearly 30,000 miles per year.
#2 Cart
QA36 snowthower