Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 01-11-2016, 06:50 PM
Grand Member

Default V2V vehicle to vehicle communication tech

Heard on the news now the government wants the link our cars together so they talk to each other to avoid crashes and such. What's your opinion? I think it's big government sticking their noses in where it don't belong. Their also working on something with seat belts. Probably making it so the car won't run unless their buckled. I agree we should use them, but not force us to. Like here in Missouri their working on a primary seatbelt law and every year they keep trying to change the motorcycle helmet law to where you don't have to wear one? How's that work??? No helmet, but wear a seatbelt is mandatory???

April 1979 1200 Quietline 44A deck 1988 1211 customized into a 1288 with a K301AQS 38C deck and a 1864 54” deck . Snow blades 42" and 54" . Brinly disk, brinly plow a cultivator and a $5 brinly yard rake!
Old 01-11-2016, 06:52 PM
Grand Member

no I'm good driving my own car . Michigan the way now they can stop you for not having you seatbelt on . now you don't have to have helment
Old 01-11-2016, 06:56 PM
Administrator

I'm from the Government and I'm here to help.......... Sorry no thanks. How about we make cell phone so that they won't work if moving at say more than 2 MPH. Hang Up and Drive people.

Just another reason to save old cars.
BX2670 with FEL
Old 01-11-2016, 06:59 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Mac View Post
I'm from the Government and I'm here to help.......... Sorry no thanks. How about we make cell phone so that they won't work if moving at say more than 2 MPH. Hang Up and Drive people.

Just another reason to save old cars.
Thats my thanking Sam
Old 01-11-2016, 07:05 PM
Grand Member

Just wait until this V2V and self driving car start having problems... Sorry but I like to be in control of my own vehicles.

When was the last time you ever heard anyone say "Thank God the federal government is going step in"?

The last new truck I bought, I started wearing my seat belt... I wrote my congressman and thanked him for passing the seat belt law in Illinois, I went on to say that, I now feel so safe in my truck that I drive like a maniac and have no fear of getting myself hurt.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Heard on the news now the government wants the link our cars together so they talk to each other to avoid crashes
Translation: We need more Tax Dollars and hire a bunch more of inept and incompetent Bureaucrats to suck off the proverbial Gov't t*t.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg I don't think so Tim.jpg (22.1 KB, 90 views)

CC Models: 100, 105, 1450, 782, (2) 784, & 2072

Buy: Made in the USA
Old 01-11-2016, 07:40 PM

There's a lot of potential there, though it will be another 20 years before enough vehicles are enabled. More jobs for software developers, I think I'm all set through retirement
Old 01-11-2016, 07:58 PM
Banned

This will probably open a can of worms when I should just keep my mouth shut.... but this is so similar to the other thread talking about the "younger" generation who wants things handed to them. God forbid we actually address the real issue: drivers who can't drive, cell phones (distracted driving) and the like. Train drivers better? Raise the age for licensing? No.... no, lets make the problem 10X more complicated than it really is. Drivers ed is ridiculous now days. Too many things have been taken away to the point that you don't really drive. ABS, traction control, auto-park, collision avoidance is already out and being used on the higher end cars. The mirrors get smaller, and now instead of actually looking around your vehicle and using the mirrors, they give you a nice little screen on the dash to stare at while backing. NO THANKS. I'm happy to say that I've had a class A CDL since I was 19 and on the driver test backed up to a clipboard that the (very HOT) woman giving me my test was holding out. I think I was about 18" from the board..... and that was after doing a corner back on the driver side into the spot she told me to put the truck. I did all this from my not so comfy seat in a 1977 International Trans-Star 4300. Big cam Cummins with a PT fuel system (those who know what I'm talking about will understand), with a 15 speed Eaton non-synchro trans. No mirrors on the hood. You'd be lucky if you could get most drivers now to do that with a car.... and a back-up cam.

Yeah.... it's the "car's fault". That logic sounds familiar....... where have I heard something like that before?
Old 01-11-2016, 08:21 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
This will probably open a can of worms when I should just keep my mouth shut.... but this is so similar to the other thread talking about the "younger" generation who wants things handed to them. God forbid we actually address the real issue: drivers who can't drive, cell phones (distracted driving) and the like. Train drivers better? Raise the age for licensing? No.... no, lets make the problem 10X more complicated than it really is. Drivers ed is ridiculous now days. Too many things have been taken away to the point that you don't really drive. ABS, traction control, auto-park, collision avoidance is already out and being used on the higher end cars. The mirrors get smaller, and now instead of actually looking around your vehicle and using the mirrors, they give you a nice little screen on the dash to stare at while backing. NO THANKS. I'm happy to say that I've had a class A CDL since I was 19 and on the driver test backed up to a clipboard that the (very HOT) woman giving me my test was holding out. I think I was about 18" from the board..... and that was after doing a corner back on the driver side into the spot she told me to put the truck. I did all this from my not so comfy seat in a 1977 International Trans-Star 4300. Big cam Cummins with a PT fuel system (those who know what I'm talking about will understand), with a 15 speed Eaton non-synchro trans. No mirrors on the hood. You'd be lucky if you could get most drivers now to do that with a car.... and a back-up cam.

Yeah.... it's the "car's fault". That logic sounds familiar....... where have I heard something like that before?
100% correct!
I think if you get cutoff by somebody talking on a cell and you follow them and take a baseball bat to their headlight that's justifiable road rage in my book!
It's just like gun control, God forbid we punish the person who did the crime cause it must be the guns fault

O,100,72,102,123,104,124,105
(2)2182s w/60in Habans
Old 01-11-2016, 10:35 PM
Grand Member

That is that much more electronic garbage that will go bad and cost big dollars to fix.

I lost a good friend last summer in an auto accident. He was driving a early 70's Bug that was hit in the driver's door. The vehicle that hit was a 3/4 ton pickup. He was wearing a seatbelt. I can't say for sure....he may have survive the wreck if he wasn't wearing the seat belt.

In the state of Ohio you can get a driver's permit when you are 15 1/2. The 15 1/2 to 18 year olds are the highest age group to have accidents. To me it is stupid to give more younger people the chance to die thanks to the state of Ohio.

My $.02 on ways to fix the problem.
1. All autos need to have a vehicle inspection every year or every other year. This needs done before you can renew your license plate. You don't need an inspection in Ohio

2. Every new decade of your life you must take a driver test. This is the same test any new driver takes. The beginning driver and any driver over 70 are the 2 worse groups on the road. The new decade of your life keeps the young and old drivers from crying discrimination. Any driver that is an accident and at fault should take a driver test too.

3. Anyone that pulls trailers over weight and length should have a special driver's license plus go thru a inspection. I see too many autos pulling trailers that don't have brakes. If I remember you need brakes on trailers that are over 2000 pounds. It could be 1000 pounds.....not sure. My truck and 5th wheel camper weighs over 14500 pounds. and anyone with a driver's license could drive a rig like that. There are motorhomes with air brakes on the road. The driver doesn't need have a special license. I do if I want to drive a straight, dump truck with air brakes.

I won't comment on all the poor tie downs I see on the road and on the tractor sites.