Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 08-17-2018, 07:26 PM

Default Lesson Learned and warning to other OCC members

Over the many years and tractors that I have sold I have found that the vast majority of people I have dealt with have been great people. My policy has always been to not take deposits. I believe that a mans word is his bond. I may now rethink my position on this. This past week I agreed to sell one of my tractors to a OCC member. We had agreed he would pick it up Monday at 1 so I rearranged my schedule to accommodate. Then it all started first he said he could not make 1 because he was renting a trailer and it was not ready yet and he would come at 5. He told me he got the trailer and was on his way to my house but oh no he is not going to make it because the trailer wheel was smoking. Tuesday morning he told me he was going to another uhaul to get a replacement, oh no they don't have a trailer not one within 50 miles. oh wait now they will have one for Wednesday. No they don't false alarm. In the mean time I find one 3 miles from my house. He is going to get it and come get the tractor. Oh no that is not going to work uhaul forgot to make the reservation. All this time I am being told that he is at a tractor show 45 mins from my house. This goes back and forth a few more times. We finally agree that he is going to get it on Friday on his way home at 10am at 8:43 he text me and tells me he is on his way. He never shows or answers his phone or text after that. Now I come to find out that he was also supposed to buy another tractor at the show which he never did, in fact no one including a good friend of his who was at the show ever saw him there. He never showed at the hotel. Now I do not care that he did not buy my tractor but I feel other members should know how this guy operates he stiffed two people this week. Oh I called the uhaual and they told me the trailer reservation was cancelled. The member goes by Longislandcubs on this forum. I also found out that he bought another tractor from another member took the tractor but never paid for it making up excuses only to bring the tractor back. I would be very careful if anyone chooses to make a deal with Longislandcubs. I would be happy to post our text conversation to back up what I have said.
1872 3pnt, 44" deck, Brinly Plow, 54" Power Angle Plow
2072 3pnt 50" deck, Brinly Plow
2072 50" deck
Cub Cadet Tank 50 Zero Turn
Cub Cadet 33" Commercial Walk Behind
1953 Ih Cub with just about every implement
New Holland TC33D with Loader and Backhoe
Old 08-17-2018, 07:32 PM
Grand Member

Thank you for sharing the information.
149, 2072, Original, 1772, 1782, #1 cart, Parker 48" sweeper,
Old 08-17-2018, 08:13 PM
Grand Member

I've been down that road with a member on here. He agreed to buy an item and told me when he would come get it and then it was one b.s story after another on why he couldn't come, several weeks later he back out of the deal entirely. I really didn't mind him backing out of the deal because i understand things happen but i turned down alot of offers during that time and that's why i don't really hold stuff for people anymore, first one with cash gets it.
1211 Dual Stick
Pap's 100 restoration thread - http://onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47965
Old 08-17-2018, 10:04 PM
Banned

Longislandcubs is a friend of Nick. The one you sold the tractor to. As far as I know, they are the same age. Maybe his daddy wouldn't give him the money.

I've done business with several members of OCC. I ship when paid, and everyone else does the same. I've had very good luck. Met up with at least 5 members. Only one of which, I likely won't do business with again. I don't think he is honest. There have been others on here who were found to be swindlers. Some still visit, even though they were called out on their dishonesty.

I get what you are saying Charles, but I think maybe it was a kid being a kid.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:27 AM

Jonathan your right Longislandcubs is a friend of Nicks, in fact he backed out of a deal with him too, but the person I dealt with was definitely not a kid. I spoke with him on the phone and he also referenced having two daughters in college. He may have a son and it is sad that this is what he is teaching him. If your word is not good you are worthless and from what I am hearing this type of thing is common for him. On the other hand Nick and his dad Pete were great people to deal with. The amount of knowledge that Nick has of these tractors at his age is amazing. It is a shame that others have had issues with members on this forum. I just never thought it happened. I guess that is me being naive.
2072 50" deck
Old 08-18-2018, 07:57 AM
Grand Member

So, I have a deal in the works right now to purchase a snow blower from a member here. Not saying this is the same but it happens. I was suppose to get it Monday. I have just been slammed at work and not found the time to go get it. He works nights I work days. Communication is key. I really hope it works out but at the same time I would always tell a seller if they have another opportunity to sell something go for it. Logistics can be a pain in the ass sometimes.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperino View Post
So, I have a deal in the works right now to purchase a snow blower from a member here. Not saying this is the same but it happens. I was suppose to get it Monday. I have just been slammed at work and not found the time to go get it. He works nights I work days. Communication is key. I really hope it works out but at the same time I would always tell a seller if they have another opportunity to sell something go for it. Logistics can be a pain in the air sometimes.
I also do this as a buyer because as a seller I understand not wanting to wait for somebody to show up while passing on other deals. This only applies if the arranged meeting time is a different day. If I tell the person I am already driving to pick something up I don't appreciate having it sold out from under me and as a seller I would not do that to somebody else either.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:16 AM

Coop this was not a question of logistics it was a question of lying
2072 50" deck
Old 08-18-2018, 09:25 AM

Quit yer Whining.... a deal fell through.. So What. SH1T HAPPENS. PM the guy if you like but trashing him/her on the open forum does not make you the better person IMO

I tell people to shoot me a txt when they are ready to head out... if the item is still for sale at that point then it will still be here when they arrive.
CCC 12.5 w/deck
Plus 35 or so non IH tractors
Old 08-18-2018, 10:08 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanceskene View Post
Quit yer Whining.... a deal fell through.. So What. SH1T HAPPENS. PM the guy if you like but trashing him/her on the open forum does not make you the better person IMO

I tell people to shoot me a txt when they are ready to head out... if the item is still for sale at that point then it will still be here when they arrive.

I doubt very much if you sold something and rearranged your schedule over several days to meet the buyer, you would not have the same opinion.
Especially if you texted the seller to say your on your way and when you get there......"oh, sorry just sold it to someone else".

Some people need a kick in the pants when they do others wrong.