Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor (LT)

Notices

Old 11-07-2018, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Here's the deal, Cub Dealers are not overly motivated to service a mower that was sold by Home Cheapo or TSC and why should they? You save a couple $$$ buying at the Big Box store. I suggest that you complain to Home Cheapo and Cub. This is not the first time we have heard of problems with the Big Box mowers.
BX2670 with FEL
Old 11-07-2018, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Here's the deal, Cub Dealers are not overly motivated to service a mower that was sold by Home Cheapo or TSC and why should they? You save a couple $$$ buying at the Big Box store. I suggest that you complain to Home Cheapo and Cub. This is not the first time we have heard of problems with the Big Box mowers
Ditto....x2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Amen-C.jpg (11.8 KB, 132 views)

CC Models: 100, 105, 1450, 782, (2) 784, & 2072

Buy: Made in the USA
Old 11-07-2018, 03:16 PM

Default op reply

Lets assum that all the oil was gone even before all these issues. That means it left the engine while running around the yard cutting the grass, and over a period of maybe as much as a year. that alone indicates to me a defective engine, but i'd also have seen big drips in shed or on pavement if that was the case.
said before. let me add this... if engine failed during a 15 min run now, why didnt it fail last time i cut grass for an hour?

sorta hints oil left after grass cut and before this last deadly run...

pros n cons of changing break in oil... not changing the oil for 20 hours would never explain why there was NO oil in crankcase, per service tech...
thanx for feedbact. st

ps, finding kohler knows issue caused by case bolts working loose, losing oil, yet hasnt fixed it yer, afaik.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Cub Cadet is going to deal with hard core facts...NOT assumptions.

You need to take this issue up with the Selling Dealer and/or the Manufacturuer.

NOTHING ....... we say, is going to validate or compromise your issue.

CC Models: 100, 105, 1450, 782, (2) 784, & 2072

Buy: Made in the USA
Old 11-08-2018, 11:41 AM

Default reply

I dint take tractor in to shop immediately after seeing the first no-start issue but I did call them right away and they told me they would not be able to look at it for a few weeks due to high volume of units in shop. Also, they gave me a plausible reason for leakage and no-spin. It looked at that time like I might have a user-fix available. Also, I also had my own personal time constraints to consider, and was not in a position to take a day off to bring the mower in, just to have it sit there for a month.

Also, for clarification, I purchased the mower at homelessdespot, but the service is being done by my local (and only) warranty-approved service shop.

Last year the deck belt kept coming off and this shop replaced the spindle they said was frozen, all under warranty. fyi.
Thanks, st
Old 11-20-2018, 04:31 PM

As of 11/20/18, mower still in shop, nothing resolved yet. I sent them pics of my driveway where the oil spilled to help with a time line of the failure. The service guy told me they don't get paid for tear downs if the repair is not covered under warranty, so even tho they are interested in proving failure in my favor, not much incentive if having to spend shop time with 50-50 chance of recovering their investment in shop time. Ill let yall know when i find out anything, hopefully before my warranty runs out next june!
and thanks for your feedback. Happy thanksgiving, all.
st

update 11/21/18
spent day on phone. 1st called mtd cust service... they said not their problem, sorry. call kohler... here's their number.
I called Kohler, no direct line for customer svc, transferred to a service group who basically said not our problem, sorry. Here's 3 local phone numbers for shops fixing kohlers...

Called all three, hoping at least for some feedback on possible causes of failure, if nothing else. waiting for call backs... everyone's at lunch.

So disappointed in how corps do business. once was a time a customer was treated as if they had some value. Now the game is kick the can down the road.

I suppose if I dont get any favorable resolution, the internet may become my only recourse, not that one bitchin old guy will ever make a difference...
thanks for listnin to my rant. btw, happy thanksgiving, y'all!
st
Old 12-20-2018, 11:35 AM

Default update 12/20/18

Mower is still in hands of repair shop, since early Nov. Shop says they are dealing with warranty co. There is a possibility of using a new short block to effect repairs, but desk guy said there were multiple cubbys in for same or similar issues and he wasn't sure which repair order was about mine... so still up in the air about fixes and/or warranty status. Crap shop????