Thread: Advice Needed
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 11:05 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaP View Post
Hi from Tenino WA!

I took my Cub Cadet in for new belt and service; ended up having to have both belts and the spindles replaced (to the tune of almost $800). Picked it up, and the very first time I tried to use it, it died repeatedly when I engaged the PTO. I finally got it to run, but it surges and slows repeatedly when I engage the PTO, even after being warmed up. Called the shop immediately and was told this had nothing to do with their work, and to just use the choke while the PTO is engaged. HUH? They also assured me they "tested everything out" before I picked it up. No way they engaged that PTO! The mower has NEVER done this before. Just looking for advice for ammo to use when they try to charge me for fixing something they caused! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much!
WOW.... I would find whats binding it up.. Then I would bring it back and show them where they screwed it up.

Who diagnosed the spindles and other work? Did you ask them to change these or did they say it was needed?
Obviously they should have tested everything prior to giving it back to you. And whoever told you to use the choke when running PTO is either insane or incompetent.