View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 12:19 AM

been getting PLENTY of rain these last couple weeks, upstairs they are finally remembering that they forgot to water us since about late April.... and now its catch up time.
I have a few spots of ditch bank that I have seeded now twice in the past couple weeks, this got the majority of my new pulverized dirt load I brought in, because of damage done by some nimrod idiot neighbor kids last winter... and the dirt and seed seems to be holding there pretty well.... I seeded there heavy 2 weekends ago and raked it in with a leaf rake (dirt was soft, so it didn't take much to mix it into the top soil) and I threw out more of this new coated seed there just yesterday. no new sprouts there from 2 weekends ago... some places in my yard its going great. while in other places, its like I never seeded... and yes I did apply starter fertilizer to all of the bare spots right after seeding 2 weeks ago.... I just found another
bag and 1/2 of Scotts starter fertilizer in the garage that I didn't know I had out there.... I will get that applied to the bare spots when I get a break in the rain. when I did it a couple weekends ago, I overseeded the whole yard and followed directly after with some of the same starter fertilizer that I just found.

but I have a flat spot off the corner of my garage that won't hold dirt to save my life... about all the new dirt I put there, is now mixed into my stone drive along with most of my new seed....
there is a mudhole under my Wrangler in this (mostly) gravel drive, that is growing like mad.... and I didn't plant any seed, or add any dirt or till the ground up there....

If this don't work then my next step is a 100% burndown courtesy of Roundup, then till it all under/ not just the bare spots and start from square 1. I will beat this crabgrass. I am tired of the fight though. I wouldn't mind a bit of clover, but unfortunately anything I spray, that is the 1st thing listed as being killed. so if I want to keep the Dandelions, Creepy Charlie and crabgrass away, I guess I can't have clover, either.

though I can count on 1 hand, how many dandelions I have had the last 2 years in my yard.... hope that THAT continues.

I know that next spring my yard will green up and look beautiful, mid to late June will be telling, as to whether I won.