View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 01:47 PM

I have some spots in my yard that died off due to the lack of rain, other was overtaken by crabgrass. I found and sprayed some quinchlorac and added some 2,4-D for good measure about 4 or 5 weeks ago, took out about half of the crabgrass.
I didn't grow up on a farm or within a nursery but have been told that September was the best time to plant/overseed a yard. So 2 weeks after the spray, I ran the power rake and then followed with the lawn sweeper chewed up the bare spots with the tiller (my ground is like concrete) brought in a couple of yards of pulverized dirt for the low and eroded spots and tossed a couple of bags of grass seed at it. I spread it on the whole yard. Grass is starting to come up on about half of the bare spots, finally got some rain early this morning, with more finally coming over the next few days. Some of my yard repair is in the ditch in front of the house on account of some idiot kids around here that don't care what is actually"road" in the winter and tore mine up last winter.

Anyways I found that Wal Mart by me had 2 big bags of grass seed (mostly fescue) on a clearance price for the season, so I picked one up. And it is coated, label says around 53% of the weight of it is in the coating.