View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akear View Post
So far, not so good. Cleaned and rebuilt carb, cleaned tank, replaced sediment bowl, filed and set points, replaced battery, added gas, turned key and ... crank, crank, crank... At first it started to fire but wouldn't catch, then nothing. There's gas to the carb but seems pretty dry inside now. Pulled main jet and its dry. I have a feeling something in the fuel line may have re-clogged the carb. Or, soaking the carb in Pinesol is not as effective as I've read (though it came out pretty clean.) So either re-build again or just buy a new carb and be done. Also re-painted the tank, air cover, and some other parts in Dupli-Color School Bus Yellow as some have said its a really good match. Its not. Maybe they changed the formula as what I got is not even close. I'll add a pic in the thread where that paint was mentioned. Look forward to better days and getting this 125 going.
I had a very similar issue with my 100. Turns out I had some little pieces of contaminants that sat in the bottom of the fuel tank. They ended up making their way into my carb and clogged it up again causing the same issue you are having. Learned my lesson. Next time around I cleaned the entire fuel system (including the tank). Runs like a top now.