View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 09:44 AM

Default Loader install progress

Just about finished with the modifications to my kwik-way loader so I can install it on my new super. I had to do a bunch of grinding and rewelding to repair previous owner botched repairs. At one time in its life this loader must have been used ad a battering ram. I could not believe all of the cracks and bad welds. all of the mounting holes were all egged out like it was used with them loose. It must have had the damage done before it was mounted on the 1650 it was on because that tractor is in great shape and none of the holes in the frame where the loader attached are egged out. I hope to finish up today and paint the subframe and upright supports. I will paint the main frame of the loader later as I have some repairs I want to do to it.

Left side attaching point for subframe.I had to trim to fit shape of frame and drill new holes to use existing holes in the tractor frame.
20191003_110543.jpg
Right side of subframe mount
20191003_110632.jpg
Rear axle support braces installed and L bracket to mount rear of subframe. Again I used existing holes in the tractor frame. I plan on drilling a hole in the L bracket and through the axle support brace and bolt them together to add further strength and support.
20191003_110526.jpg
I had to make new diagonal braces to go to the uprights because the power Steering cylinder was in the way of the existing mounts on the subframe. I made a bracket that bolts to the front of the frame. I need to cut the tubes to length and drill them so I can bolt to bracket. With some luck I should have the loader installed Saturday.
20191003_110635.jpg