View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Bedell View Post
The problem has been and is, once the "chit chat" starts, there seems to be no end. The chit chat either gets deleted or the listing gets moved to the General Section so the chit chat can continue.

The Trading Post is a FOR SALE section........not a chit chat section. It is a simple concept.
I consider the chit-chat as a necessity,,,

The chit-chat will "bump" the posting, keeping it freshly renewed for those who do not visit OCC every 7 seconds.

Mods view this site differently than the "users" view it.

BUT, users are the ones with the $$ that can go to OCC,,,,

The site ought to be geared towards having the most posts that might interest users, "For Sale" typically is a major interest,
along with the associated comments,,,

I was recently on another site, a guy started a thread asking about front tires for his JD for snow duty.

I posted a pic of my Gravely, showing a great tire for snow,,,

It is the correct size tire, and works well in snow.

One mod deleted the pic, but, left the words,
Another mod moved the thread to another more general section.

The OP got all upset over moving the thread, I felt dissed after going to the trouble of posting a pic.

If I would have had a pic of the tire on a JD, I would have used it, a post without a pic is less informative.

IMHO, this forum is not here to make mods happy, it is here to make $$

$$ insures that OCC will continue to stay around!!

What OCC does not need is users.

OCC will be much more successful with more users,,,,

If you come to visit OCC, and the only thing you see are recent posts on "Look My New Spray Bomb Restore!!", and the associated "Looks Good" followup posts, you, as a user, may not return,,,,