Thread: 1974 Ad
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwelhse View Post
As much as I love my Cubs, screw 'em.... I WANT THAT LAWN!!!

I've mowed hundreds of hours with a 102, 127, 149 (probably over a thousand on this one alone), and 1650... NONE of them have even come close to that cut quality!

Dang advertisers...

edit: That said, I bet they're all giving a "normal" quality cut when they're all over 100 years old! I also believe the bit about the torture treadmill. I witnessed what International does to its trucks on the driving simulator first hand (imagine what 4 8" hydraulic rams can do to a dump truck with 10,000 PSI behind them... BRUTAL!!!).
Believe it or not, but I got a 129 last summer and it DID cut the lawn that nice!! Now, my lawn doesn't look like that but it is up on a hill with a retaining wall around it and when I got down from the hill and stood next to teh retaining wall the grass was all the same height and smooth across the top, just like what is pictured! It is the only cub that I have ever had cut like that and I wanted to sell it, but now I am reconsidering my notion on that.

Cub Cadet 123