Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 01:13 AM

Default Hi

I originally joined in 2017 when I bought 2 cub 127's, and then never did anything with them. Been looking for a spare tractor to mow the lawn at my shop. Picked up a couple of Cubs today to fill that need. One is a 127 that is a ran when parked special, the owner was forced to buy at a estate sale to get what he really wanted. I came home with the 127 that looks very complete and a 102 gear drive with a creeper gear for $150 and a 3 hour drive. With all the parts I have in my storage I'm sure I have a spare mower to mow my shop and the ability to restore a very nice 127 in the end plus all the parts I will ever need.

My question is about the 102. It did not have a motor when I bought it. The creeper gear box and the clutch is there. I think it would be a perfect project to make a great use in the back yard go everywhere tool probably put a winch on it. The question is, can I put a 12hp motor in place of the missing 10hp. I've never seen a 10hp but from some reading, I do know the oil pan is flat and different shape from the 12hp. Figured I would reset my password and come here and ask questions.