View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 08:37 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadslingingdaddy View Post
That front bowl jet is known to get clogged and cause surging...Have you done a Comp check yet to see the condition of the internals??
The jet that screws in from the top is the one that was clogged, and there wasn't any dirt in the bowl. I've not done a compression check yet. One of the easiest things to do, and I haven't dug out my kit to do it yet. I've been very preoccupied with building my pole barn to move all my tractors and equipment into.

I did notice that the governor spring was in the third hole from the end, and the engine was maxing out at 3100 RPM's according to the tachometer app on my phone. So I moved it up one hole (both appear to have the paint worn a little so the spring has been in both holes at some point) and now I'm at 3600 RPM, and it seems a little better, but I didn't have time to run it in grass yet, that was after dark and the headlights on it are pretty much useless, they don't make much light at all. I'll take it for a stroll today and see how it is, and maybe I'll even get the compression test kit out.

The clock has 1900 hours on it, but it looks like a clean 1900 hours if that's accurate. It's not dirty/oily/gross like I've seen from lower hour machines, and the engine does not smoke at all. It fires right up as soon as I hit the starter now that I've gotten the carb cleaned out.
#2 cart
GREEN 314 with integral sleeve hitch, H2 and independent brake upgrade from a 317, and front hydraulic blade, 48" deck