Thread: Kids on OCC
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 06:31 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkminion_17 View Post
It is what it is, so you just need to encourage them and lead them to become adults in a civilized manner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Bedell View Post
If you suspect an applicant is a minor, you have two choices. Engage the posting or ignore it.
What they said.

Still having small kids right now, (4 amd 7) I have come to learn/realize that no matter how much I yell and scream and get angry and that I have to repeat myself a million times, I’m realizing that just being a role model, having consistency, and leading by example, making sure that I just don’t talk the talk but also walk the walk, is what works. The young man that’s on his phone during class needs to understand why this is wrong but so does his teacher (if he/she knows that is). Sharing stories of getting smacked with a paddle or a ruler on the knuckles come to mind as to why some of us know better or even as simple as writing on the chalk board 25 times as to why we wouldn’t have done something, mom waiting at home with the wooden spoon and dad afterwards with the belt, stuff like that sinks in more I think and puts it into perspective for them. I think some of the young people on here catch on to how adults, specifically like minded people on here, like us, are supposed to behave etc and if they’re already interested in this hobby then they’re one step ahead of their peers that are going down th wrong path, so again, all we can do is coach/encourage them in a way that they understand and it will work out in the long run. Just my .02, not looking for any one to agree it’s just my opinion here.
(2) Original, 100, 102, 124, 73, 800, #1 and #2 cart, brinly plows, disk, IH184, IH244, 1948 F Cub